The Student Room Group

How do university grades work - 130 credits

Hello!
I am just wondering how I can work out my university grade for the end of my first year as I want to apply for a year in industry in September. I have taken 7 modules this year, 6 x 20 credits and 1 x 10 credits. How can I work out my current attainment from this?

Original post by Calmapal
Hello!
I am just wondering how I can work out my university grade for the end of my first year as I want to apply for a year in industry in September. I have taken 7 modules this year, 6 x 20 credits and 1 x 10 credits. How can I work out my current attainment from this?

Hi, I've moved this to University Life for you, as you should get more responses here :smile:

Grade systems do very between unis somewhat as to what is carried forward, so it might be worth discussing this with someone at your university :yep:
generally it's add up the grades for each 10 credits (so if you have a 20 credit module, add that grade twice) and then divide by 12, but in most places it's 120 credits

I think some places do an extra 10 credits and you basically average your best 12 grades and ignore the worst one?
Reply 3
Original post by doodle_333
generally it's add up the grades for each 10 credits (so if you have a 20 credit module, add that grade twice) and then divide by 12, but in most places it's 120 credits

I think some places do an extra 10 credits and you basically average your best 12 grades and ignore the worst one?

Awesome thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending