The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reserve for vascular.. hopefully I'm close to the top :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1781
Cardiac at Leicester, anyone got the Yorkshire hospitals? Could have done with staying up north!
Original post by welly909
Just got an offer for Cardiac Science at Papworth!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well done!!!
Original post by ellie_203
I just got my first choice for Cardiac at Guys and St Thomas! Anyone on here their other candidate?

Was echo or rhythm your first choice?

Original post by Steelowl93
Well done!!!

Thank you!! :smile:

Original post by Tees28
Cardiac at Leicester, anyone got the Yorkshire hospitals? Could have done with staying up north!

Congratulations! Would you be able to move to Leicester?
Reply 1784

Thank you!! :smile:

Congratulations! Would you be able to move to Leicester?

Yes but didn't really want too ha, nothing against Leicester!
Original post by Tees28
Yes but didn't really want too ha, nothing against Leicester!

Haha yeah i'd rather stay in London but ecstatic to have a place at all!
Cardiac at Leeds, very happy and grateful to have gotten an offer!
Just this minute received my in service offer for Med Phys! So happy, I can breathe again!!
Wow well done everyone!! Got my first choice for Liverpool Royal.... Still in shock. This was my fourth year applying, reached different stages each time, feels surreal that I'm actually going to be doing it!! :biggrin:
Who's been offered a place for clinical engineering?
Original post by AmberR1
Did anyone else get an offer for Audiology in North Wales? I think there's two of us :smile:

I got a offer there too :smile: I'm hoping to upgrade though but I only put Manchester South + Central, Sheffield and Reading in my preferences and don't really see people rejecting them haha
Original post by boo1992
I got a offer there too :smile: I'm hoping to upgrade though but I only put Manchester South + Central, Sheffield and Reading in my preferences and don't really see people rejecting them haha

No way I thought I'd never be able to find the second person! :smile:
I'm pretty much exactly the same, I'm hoping for an upgrade, Sheffield is my top choice (as it's where I am at uni now) and south and central Manchester are my second and third. But yeah I agree, I doubt anyone will reject them.
Have you accepted your offer for Wales? :smile:

Echo! I love it :smile:
Original post by AmberR1
I'm pretty much exactly the same, I'm hoping for an upgrade, Sheffield is my top choice (as it's where I am at uni now) and south and central Manchester are my second and third. But yeah I agree, I doubt anyone will reject them.

What are your backgrounds if you dont mind me asking?i got put on the reserve for audiology anything i could do differently next year
Original post by AmberR1

Is it both your first time applying?
My email reads

Appointable but on waiting list - potential reserve

What does this mean? I'm on the reserve list? Or potentially on the reserve list?
Original post by xMissKatiex
Hi all!

After 3 years of applying I have been offered Genomics at Manchester! I cannot believe it!
I imagine the reserves might hear more as the offers expire at about 12.20 so then they'll be able to move things around.

I don't suppose anyone reading this is going to be the other trainee at Manchester? :smile: It would be nice to say hello before September!
Best of luck to everyone else who is still to get an offer! x

Congratulations Katie :smile: Sounds like you had a similar experience to me - first time I didn't get an interview, 2nd I got interviewed but was reserve, and 3rd time I have been offered my top choice! :smile: I will be doing Genomics at Sheffield - see you on the masters!

For those wondering about the university for Genomics I emailed but they don't know yet. I know last year it was Nottingham but it's up for tender this year, if anyone finds out more info about the uni let us know :smile:
Original post by stp2015
Congratulations Katie :smile: Sounds like you had a similar experience to me - first time I didn't get an interview, 2nd I got interviewed but was reserve, and 3rd time I have been offered my top choice! :smile: I will be doing Genomics at Sheffield - see you on the masters!

For those wondering about the university for Genomics I emailed but they don't know yet. I know last year it was Nottingham but it's up for tender this year, if anyone finds out more info about the uni let us know :smile:

I was wondering about the Uni too. I think Manchester are one of the uni's bidding for it this year.

I'm a current Genetic Technologist at Sheffield and I can assure you everyone is lovely. The STP trainers are great too! You are in safe hands! Do you live in Sheffield?x
Original post by stp2015

Can I ask what job you're in? Is it NHS? And was your first time applying while you were still at university?

I'm almost the equivalent of you a year ago. Last year I was reserve for an interview then got an interview with 16 hours before (guess someone must have been ill or something). & then was reserve after interview both last year and this year. Last year's interview went mostly really well but I wasnt at all prepared so a couple of questions tripped me up, and this year's interview I felt quite prepared but it didn't go well on the day.

Well done on getting a place this time! Well deserved after going through this 3 times!
(edited 7 years ago)
Compulsive lurker of this page here....

I'm on the reserve list for clinical biochem

Does anyone know when upgrades and new offers to reserves are offered? Can it be at anytime as soon as someone declines a position or do they amass the results of the first offers, then release a second batch of upgrade/reserver offers a couple of days later?

thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest