The Student Room Group

I thought black people couldn't be racist

Scroll to see replies

Everyone's a little bit racist.
I'm not racist my illegitimate son is Black

When black people begin chaining, shipping, enslaving, selling, lynching, raping, oppressing, exploiting, shooting, jailing, whipping, maiming, torturing, evangelizing, robbing, stereotyping, bullying, segregating, building roads and thruways to dislocate, experimenting on, discriminating against, prohibiting, murdering, holding back in every imaginable way and hating white peopleon mass and de facto racism for 100’s of years, then and only then can calling black people or racists, make sense.

That the worst example of black racism you could muster up was some black female rapper sending digs to Zayn Malik on Twitter, kinda undercuts your argument
Reply 24
Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA
I'm waiting for that guy to pop up and explain to use why black people can't be racist

lol just wait, he'll come

You can set your watch by it.
At the end of it all, it all comes down to character, anyone can be racist. So just coz an individual artist starts throwing nasty insults it doesn't mean we can peg all 'black people' as racist, or in fact any other group of people at all. In this case, the lady needs to get some sense into her head..
Original post by PrincePaul57993
When black people begin chaining, shipping, enslaving, selling ...

Before you have to go again, I'll just point out that you seem to have forgotten that most of the black people who were shipped across the Atlantic as slaves were first enslaved by other black people, and then shipped overseas by the white traders they sold them to.
Generally, Black people cant be racist to whites in western countries. everything is possible across other races
Original post by CheekyYear11
Of course white people can be racist, racism is literally discrimination, dehumanization or alienation of someone else based solely on race...

FTFY
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
FTFY

what are you implying...
BOTH RACES CAN BE RACIST.

Like, the implication only whites can is moronic.
Reply 30
Original post by ODES_PDES
Everybody can be racist

Racism=prejudice+strucural power.

therefore blacks cannot be racist only prejudice because they have no power.
Original post by slaven
Racism=prejudice+strucural power.

therefore blacks cannot be racist only prejudice because they have no power.

Wrong, Racism by DICTIONARY DEFINITION is

'prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.'

where does it give that formula? oh it doesn't?

So you're gonna tell me the dictionary is wrong. Yes please do.
what are you implying...
BOTH RACES CAN BE RACIST.

Like, the implication only whites can is factual

totally, totally

'prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.'

using the dictionary, which is made by POC oppressors, to define racism is like blaming alan pardew for newcastle going down
Reply 34

But my definition is though on gender studies of various respectable colleges. The people dedicated all their career to scientifcly observe structural racial-class power and how their intersect. I think such people have more credibility than some dictionary written by the ruling patriarchal soceity, which can be biased when it comes to racism.
totally, totally

Are you going to dispute any of my claims or continue being immature and pushing your own political agenda?

Look at this situation, The belief one race is superior is racism right?

Where does it say you have to be white to be racist?

Dictionary definition LOL.

Don't tell me you won't listen to the dictionary cause it was made by whites, I'll actually laugh into orbit.
Original post by Erebor
Black people are far more racist and homophobic than whites, not even the same league lol

Original post by alexschmalex
Totally!

Because we took millions of people from their homes and enslaved them for centuries.
Because we started the biggest war in the history with the intention to establish the dominance of our race and wipe out ethnicities/groups of people we didn't like.
Because we beat and hang people because they don't conform to our views what a person "should" be/do.
Because we think we know best for other races and try to impose our will on them through economic and military strength.
Because we automatically label other groups as criminals and thugs and menaces to society.
Because those of us in positions of authority abuse them and shoot or condemn other races to death because they must be criminals.
Because we dictate to everyone else how they should live their lives and threaten them for not conforming.
Because we ostracize other groups and make them feel unwanted and reviled for walking the same streets as us.
Because we follow non-black people around in stores to be sure they don't steal anything.
Because we don't expect other races to be anything more than a number in the prison system or a hole in a cemetery.
Because we don't hire people based off of their name and any preconceived notion we might have because of it.

Wait....

Spoiler

Original post by PrincePaul57993
When black people begin chaining, shipping, enslaving, selling, lynching, raping, oppressing, exploiting, shooting, jailing, whipping, maiming, torturing, evangelizing, robbing, stereotyping, bullying, segregating, building roads and thruways to dislocate, experimenting on, discriminating against, prohibiting, murdering, holding back in every imaginable way and hating white peopleon mass and de facto racism for 100’s of years, then and only then can calling black people or racists, make sense.

That the worst example of black racism you could muster up was some black female rapper sending digs to Zayn Malik on Twitter, kinda undercuts your argument

Racist generalisations after racist generalisations.
Original post by Good bloke
Before you have to go again, I'll just point out that you seem to have forgotten that most of the black people who were shipped across the Atlantic as slaves were first enslaved by other black people, and then shipped overseas by the white traders they sold them to.
I have answered the old "Africans sold each other" thing, millions of time.

The thing the OP is forgetting when he tries to equate black racism with white racism is that there is a huge difference in power between blacks and whites. UK society is built on white power.

Whites have power over society as a whole. Blacks do not control the schools, the police, the courts, the press, the banks and the housing and labour markets. Those are largely run by and for white people.

He is white because he look white. Even if he or you do not see yourself that way, others do: employers, landlords, real estate agents, bank officers, teachers, judges, doctors, car salesmen, policemen.

That gives you a measurable edge over blacks whether you want it to or not. Most whites do not even know that it is there because they never had to live without it.

Blacks continue to experience racism. It is why my thinking seems so screwed up to you because I'm coming from a different point of view based on a different set of experiences.
You're a white male.
Generally, Black people cant be racist to whites in western countries. everything is possible across other races

Why not?

Why insist on living in a racist white country then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending