The Student Room Group

Do you believe in Aliens?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theBranicAc
I don't belive in aliens whatsoever, God only created humans and animals not 'aliens'

Ah, but what is God? A being not of this earth - an alien.
Does anyone have an opinion on the alien theories behind Ancient Egypt?

Don't know that much about it, but they say that with the mechanisms the Egyptians had at the time, it would be near impossible for them to have built the pyramids. As well as this, their hieroglyphics showed images of what pretty much exactly resembles rockets and spacecrafts as we talk about them today.

On top of that, the Nazca Lines are quite a puzzle. Being first mentioned in the 16th Century, they're geoglyphs found in Peru, showing images that can only be made out from the great heights given by aircraft. As ancient images, it is rather strange that people were able to create these large scale images without being able to see what they looked like from above...
I believe that the Universe is some kind of experiment (or simulation) that is being run by a more advanced civilization. And that intelligent species across the Universe reach a certain point before they self-destruct. I think that when the Universe collapses in on itself in the distant future, it will reset itself, and that there will be another big bang.
I don't belive in aliens whatsoever, God only created humans and animals not 'aliens'

Not bashing your beliefs whatsoever, but why do you think God would have made billions of planets, and then decided to put life on only one of them?
Reply 24

You've been indoctrinated, thus you are not thinking logically.
Reply 25
Original post by EmmaLouise759
Does anyone have an opinion on the alien theories behind Ancient Egypt?

Don't know that much about it, but they say that with the mechanisms the Egyptians had at the time, it would be near impossible for them to have built the pyramids. As well as this, their hieroglyphics showed images of what pretty much exactly resembles rockets and spacecrafts as we talk about them today.

On top of that, the Nazca Lines are quite a puzzle. Being first mentioned in the 16th Century, they're geoglyphs found in Peru, showing images that can only be made out from the great heights given by aircraft. As ancient images, it is rather strange that people were able to create these large scale images without being able to see what they looked like from above...

no thats a load of nonsense
Original post by godofwine
I believe that the Universe is some kind of experiment (or simulation) that is being run by a more advanced civilization. And that intelligent species across the Universe reach a certain point before they self-destruct. I think that when the Universe collapses in on itself in the distant future, it will reset itself, and that there will be another big bang.

A bit like The Truman Show meets Big Brother on a bigger scale :wink: :yep:
Original post by dontudare
no thats a load of nonsense

Really? How would you give an explanation for it then?
Original post by Drewski
Ah, but what is God? A being not of this earth - an alien.

God is not alien, he is something which you could't understand

Not bashing your beliefs whatsoever, but why do you think God would have made billions of planets, and then decided to put life on only one of them?

God has his reason for things which humans are to stupid to understand. In dosen't matter how many planets he makes, he might of made them because it looked nice, but he could of only wanted live on only one plannet.
God has his reason for things which humans are to stupid to understand. In dosen't matter how many planets he makes, he might of made them because it looked nice, but he could of only wanted live on only one plannet.

How do you know he didn't put life on another planet though...?
How do you know he didn't put life on another planet though...?

how do you know he did put life on other planets?
Reply 31

God has his reason for things which humans are to stupid to understand.

There's only one stupid person here.
Original post by dontudare
There's only one stupid person here.

your calling me stupid because I dont agree with your opinion?
Of course.
Reply 34
Yes and I bet some of them are so much more intelligent and technologically advanced than us that their sitting there watching our world burn while they eat popcorn...

Hunny there are 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, what makes you think our galaxy is the ONLY one containing a solar system with a habitable planet that has (just about) living creatures on it? Y'all fink ur special :lol:
Original post by z33
Yes and I bet some of them are so much more intelligent and technologically advanced than us that their sitting there watching our world burn while they eat popcorn...

Hunny there are 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, what makes you think our galaxy is the ONLY one containing a solar system with a habitable planet that has (just about) living creatures on it? Y'all fink ur special :lol:

if so why haven't we discovered it them then?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What makes you think that? We human beings evolved from organisms no more intelligent than bacteria - why could alien life not do the same?

Even if alien bacterium were to evolve into an intelligent life form, I would still believe that humans are and will always be the most intelligent life for to have ever existed.
No other species could come close to our advancement.
As civilization grows older, we grow intelligent.
Reply 37
your calling me stupid because I dont agree with your opinion?

Your opinions stupid. 'No there aren't aliens because god only made us because we're special!!'
how do you know he did put life on other planets?

I don't know that he did, that's my point. I haven't said whether I believe aliens exist or not. All we can do is discuss because none of us know for definite. I was just curious as to how you knew that God didn't create other beings on other planets.
Reply 39
if so why haven't we discovered it them then?

Millions/Billions of light years of space divide us.

Which makes me wonder; why did god make so much empty space, seems rather pointless to me.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest