The Student Room Group

Unicorn's Kingdom MKII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SassKing13
Ooh, do you like/have you heard of INXS? :smile:
[video="youtube;s4R9Wws5HCE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4R9Wws5HCE[/video]

no, actually i haven't :redface: but :love: :love: :love: it's perfect omg
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bookworm246love
no, actually i haven't :redface: but :love: :love: :love: it's perfect omg

Check out INXS :tongue: Kick is considered their best album :smile:
Check out INXS :tongue: Kick is considered their best album :smile:

i will :biggrin:
yes :h: there she goes is a classic though

nick drake is amazing :biggrin: a friend introduced me to him and i couldn't stop listening to him for weeks on end... i don't know if you know but his first album is the only one he completed in his life time (he pasted away really early, mid to late 20s think it was :cry2:) and it's the most perfect i think... the others just don't live up to the expectation (well, that's my opinion anyways :tongue:) his first album is pink moon i think btw

mod are great :smile: my favourite's are 'sailing on the seven seas' and 'walking on the milky way'

tears for fears are definatly one of my most favourite bands too :h: shout, mad world, everybody wants to rule the world and head over heals are the best in my opinion :tongue:

the cars are wonderful too :biggrin: they are the best band to listen to in the car :rofl: like on a road trip or something...

the moody blues song is great :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=062qph0IqYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8
these are are my favourites :smile: let me know what you think

an hour and a half of greatness... probably :tongue: (i didn't actually listen to it - will listen to it tomorrow, it is a little late now :yawn: sorry)

oh okay :tongue: i only started watching it recently haha

yeah, totally agree with you :biggrin: i think that everyone who doesn't know good music, might as well be called muggles

Indeed :smile: but There She Goes is the only song that most people know them for. I think all the other songs on there are all great.

Yeah I read that actually... I know he passed away and had depression. Another massively underrated figure in music. I'll give them a listen some time. Five Leaves Left was the first one :smile:

I like Electricity and Enola Gay. I haven't listened to them for a while...

Tears for Fears are awesome :smile:

Yeah they are :smile: I remember I sent you their first album on VM ages ago, and I don't think you were initially too keen on it :tongue:

I know Nights in White Satin. I like that one :smile: I haven't heard the other one before. Will listen tomorrow.

Oh yes :tongue: (haha yeah didn't expect you to at this time of night :tongue: No worries :smile:)

Haha yeah :tongue: The people who like good music are the 'gifted ones' :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Indeed :smile: but There She Goes is the only song that most people know them for. I think all the other songs on there are all great.

Yeah I read that actually... I know he passed away and had depression. Another massively underrated figure in music. I'll give them a listen some time. Five Leaves Left was the first one :smile:

I like Electricity and Enola Gay. I haven't listened to them for a while...

Tears for Fears are awesome :smile:

Yeah they are :smile: I remember I sent you their first album on VM ages ago, and I don't think you were initially too keen on it :tongue:

I know Nights in White Satin. I like that one :smile: I haven't heard the other one before. Will listen tomorrow.

Oh yes :tongue: (haha yeah didn't expect you to at this time of night :tongue: No worries :smile:)

Haha yeah :tongue: The people who like good music are the 'gifted ones' :rofl:

yeah, i think i need to listen to more of their stuff tbh :tongue:

something like that...sad isn't it? :frown: definitely underrated, which is annoying.. wish more people knew about him and all the good old music... :moon: okay great, would love to know how you get on :smile: oh okay, maybe i'm wrong haha :tongue: my friend told me the only one he completed was pink moon (which is my favourite anyway :tongue:), maybe he was wrong too opps :frown: will definitely have to read up about it...

haven't heard of electricity actually :redface: what songs would you recommend?
enola gay, yes :love: and me neither haha

always are :biggrin:

initially no, not much but now i always listen to them on the coach, bus etc :tongue:

yeah, me too :smile: it's the one in perks of being a wallflower if you recognise it haha :tongue:
let me know how you get on, won't you? :tongue:

haha, i'll let you know at some point :smile: i'm sure it will be tomorrow at some point :lol: thanks :smile:

yeah, sounds like us :lol: or you haha :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah, most definitely :tongue: why be boring, when you can be interesting?

there original stuff is defintely awesome :biggrin: and i don't mind, all the better :rofl: and no, i would love to be a part of your society :smile:

yeah, and rio :love: my favourite two songs from duran duran i think, what are you favourite songs by them? and no :redface: well, i don't think i have... could you give me the link for it? would love to hear it :smile: yeah, think my favourite by them (the smiths :tongue:) is there is a light that never goes out and this charming man :smile: they are my favourites along with the cure and joy division, spandau ballet, tears for fears, bob dylan, the velvet underground, the smashing pumpkins, the police, europe, the eagles, smash mouth, the doors, jimi hendrix, van morrison, david bowie, phil collins, (not too sure what to make of genesis quite yet), queen, the la's, the rolling stones, a-ha, blue oyster cult, the cars, simple minds, the charlatans, dire straits, eurythmics, roxy music, echo and the bunnymen, john lennon, (and the beatles, of course :tongue: although i doubt that's your thing), nick drake, the who, u2 and orchestral manevores in the dark, the stone roses, simon and garfunkel, the moody blues, nirvana, and fleetwood mac :tongue: i know that's a long list :rofl: i just couldn't leave anyone out, just had to keep adding to the list... what others do you like?

(i do like more modern stuff too, if you're wondering but i'm sure you're more interested in older music like sass king :biggrin:)

also that performance was really good :biggrin: listened/watched it all... i really like girls on film (obviously :tongue:), on the road (?), and the last song (not too sure what it is). also it was in hammersmith, did you say?

Haha yep! I tell myself that nearly everyday :tongue: Haha dont monotone voices just get on your nerves a bit? :lol:
Haha i know what you mean, and i shall add you whilst i remember! :smile:
Thats awesome! I do love Rio, the video makes me want to take up sailing :lol: i think if i was to list favourites they would be; Careless Memories, Planet Earth, Friends of Mine, Girls on Film, Late Bar, Anyone Out There, Rio, Last Chance on the Stairway, New Religion (sorry th list could go on :lol:) and here is a link to the original recording :smile:
https://youtu.be/d0lOp4xipSE
Aw thats cool! I think my favourite by them is This Charming Man :smile:

Haha wow i like a lot of those bands! You have exceptional taste! If i had to list (for fun) i would go for:
ABC, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Gary Newman, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cars, Dire Straits, Cream, Rolling Stones, The Eagles, David Bowie, Roxy Music (and Bryan Ferry's own stuff), Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, The Xray Spex, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO (when theyre live :lol:), The Beatles, The Police, UB40, Wham (yes really :tongue:), The Undertones, Suzi Quatro, The Buzzcocks, Dr. Feelgood, The Who, Rainbow, The Human League.... There may be more but cant think right now! :rofl:

(I like some modrn stuff eg The Hives, but what modern stuff do you like? :smile: )

Im so glad you liked it! Hammersmith Odeon was their first 'big' gig i think! The Girls on Film one is brilliant! And i think the last one was Careless Memories :smile:
yeah, most definitely :tongue: why be boring, when you can be interesting?

there original stuff is defintely awesome :biggrin: and i don't mind, all the better :rofl: and no, i would love to be a part of your society :smile:

yeah, and rio :love: my favourite two songs from duran duran i think, what are you favourite songs by them? and no :redface: well, i don't think i have... could you give me the link for it? would love to hear it :smile: yeah, think my favourite by them (the smiths :tongue:) is there is a light that never goes out and this charming man :smile: they are my favourites along with the cure and joy division, spandau ballet, tears for fears, bob dylan, the velvet underground, the smashing pumpkins, the police, europe, the eagles, smash mouth, the doors, jimi hendrix, van morrison, david bowie, phil collins, (not too sure what to make of genesis quite yet), queen, the la's, the rolling stones, a-ha, blue oyster cult, the cars, simple minds, the charlatans, dire straits, eurythmics, roxy music, echo and the bunnymen, john lennon, (and the beatles, of course :tongue: although i doubt that's your thing), nick drake, the who, u2 and orchestral manevores in the dark, the stone roses, simon and garfunkel, the moody blues, nirvana, and fleetwood mac :tongue: i know that's a long list :rofl: i just couldn't leave anyone out, just had to keep adding to the list... what others do you like?

(i do like more modern stuff too, if you're wondering but i'm sure you're more interested in older music like sass king :biggrin:)

also that performance was really good :biggrin: listened/watched it all... i really like girls on film (obviously :tongue:), on the road (?), and the last song (not too sure what it is). also it was in hammersmith, did you say?

Haha yep! I tell myself that nearly everyday :tongue: Haha dont monotone voices just get on your nerves a bit? :lol:
Thats awesome! I do love Rio, the video makes me want to take up sailing :lol: i think if i was to list favourites they would be; Careless Memories, Planet Earth, Friends of Mine, Girls on Film, Late Bar, Anyone Out There, Rio, Last Chance on the Stairway, New Religion (sorry th list could go on :lol:) and here is a link to the original recording :smile:

Haha wow i like a lot of those bands! You have exceptional taste! If i had to list (for fun) i would go for:
ABC, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Gary Newman, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cars, Dire Straits, Cream, Rolling Stones, The Eagles, David Bowie, Roxy Music (and Bryan Ferry's own stuff), Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned, The Xray Spex, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO (when theyre live :lol:), The Beatles, The Police, UB40, Wham (yes really :tongue:), The Undertones, Suzi Quatro, The Buzzcocks, Dr. Feelgood, The Who, Rainbow, The Human League.... There may be more but cant think right now! :rofl:

(I like some modrn stuff eg The Hives, but what modern stuff do you like? :smile: )

Im so glad you liked it! Hammersmith Odeon was their first 'big' gig i think! The Girls on Film one is brilliant! And i think the last one was Careless Memories :smile:
Haha I know what you mean though :lol: Some of the stuff he does can be a bit cringe-worthy :rofl:
Haha ah I see :tongue: It's also from 1980, and they only formed the year before, so it is early yeah :smile:

:rofl:
Cool :smile: Hopefully you can. That would be so cool! My dad mentioned about one day seeing The Who (even though there's obviously only two original members left). You just don't think you'll ever see these massive bands, but it would be great... I'd also like to see Suede and The Cure. U2 too, but that might be unlikely :tongue:

Awesome :smile: I saw that you posted this in the music thread. I was going to comment on it. I listened to a bit of Friends Of Mine at the start. I think that's one of my favourite Duran Duran songs, along with Careless Memories. I've bookmarked it to watch later :smile: I'll let you know what I think of it when I get around to watching it :tongue:

Haha just a bit :lol: i mean some acts get away with it as being cringy/over the top is part of the act, but not when you purposefully do it :lol: oh right thats awesome! :awesome:

Thats amazing!! I really hope you do go to see them! And yeah i know what you mean, there nothing to say you wont get to! Its a shame theyre older now tho isnt it?

Hahaha i posted it in two places just to make sure both saw it :tongue: Haha good choices SassKing! And i hope you like it! (PS the version of Late Bar is amazing, but it not on youtube!)
was binge watching a show earlier and this happened... made me laugh and think of you two :tongue:

(also makes me sad to think that there are people out there who don't know who they are :cry2:)

[video="youtube;oxJNTAQ7pa8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxJNTAQ7pa8&app=desktop[/video]

Haha that made me laugh :lol: its funny catching people out like that sometimes :tongue: ive never watched the show actually, is it anygood? I used to watch an American show called Awkward, couls it be similar?
Haha I'll have to list all the music I like next :tongue:
Original post by Amellia123

i'll reply later as my silly computer has gone and deleted my whole reply :cry2:

haha you quoted me twice :tongue:

Haha that made me laugh :lol: its funny catching people out like that sometimes :tongue: ive never watched the show actually, is it anygood? I used to watch an American show called Awkward, couls it be similar?

yeah, me too :lol: yeah, it always is especially as she's a muggle :tongue: yeah, i only started watching it by recommendation of a friend.. never heard of awkward before :redface: what is it like?

yeah, you do :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
i'll reply later as my silly computer has gone and deleted my whole reply :cry2:

haha you quoted me twice :tongue:

yeah, me too :lol: yeah, it always is especially as she's a muggle :tongue: yeah, i only started watching it by recommendation of a friend.. never heard of awkward before :redface: what is it like?

yeah, you do :tongue:

Oh woopsie sorry about that :tongue: and no worries :smile:
Oh right i see!!! Haha i havent watched many episods, but its about a girl at high school where eveeything goes wrong and they think she broke her arm during a suicide attempt (she didnt). Its a typical American teen comedy i think :lol:

Come on the SassKing, @bookworm246love and i are waiting :colonhash: (God)

And Duran Duran had better feature :tongue:
Oh woopsie sorry about that :tongue: and no worries :smile:
Oh right i see!!! Haha i havent watched many episods, but its about a girl at high school where eveeything goes wrong and they think she broke her arm during a suicide attempt (she didnt). Its a typical American teen comedy i think :lol:

don't worry about it, things like that happen :smile:

oh okay, and yeah, i think it could be really similar but i don't think it's meant to be a comedy :smile: would you recommend awkward? might start watching it haha :tongue:

yeah, and hurry up about it :colonhash:

and the smiths :tongue:

yeah, same here haha :tongue: always omg, like why the hell would you put up with people like that? :lol:

great and thank you :smile: would love to be a part of it

well, for me it brings back memories :') used to go sailing like all the time on my mum's boat and i used to love it, that's until she sold her boat :redface:

they are all great songs :biggrin: and yeah, i don't blame you... i could be talk all day about music (oops, i think i mean the rest of my life :tongue:)

thank you :h: and yes, i've heard it before and of course it's amazing

awesome :smile: my favourites are this charming man, what difference does it make?, heaven knows i'm miserable now, how soon is now?, the headmaster ritual, the boy with the thorn in his side, bigmouth strikes again, there is a light that never goes out, girlfriend in a coma, and asleep of course :h:

Depeche Mode - angels and wrong
Duran Duran - we've already spoken about them :tongue:
Spandau Ballet - gold and true are my two favourites
Echo and the Bunnymen - the killing moon and people are strange
The Cars - drive, good times roll, and my best friend's girl
Dire Straits - romeo and juliet
Rolling Stones - paint it black
The Eagles - hotel california and take it easy
David Bowie - my fave :love: can't actually pick any favourite songs, because they are all so amazing, but my ultimate fave is heroes
Roxy Music - chris only introduced me recently to them, and my favourites so far are avalon and more then this
Bryan Ferry - avonmore and jonny and mary
Sex Pistols - anarchy in the uk and problems
The Clash - london calling and should i stay or should i go?
Blue Oyster Cult - (don't fear) the reaper
The Beatles - all their songs are great, but the best album by far is saint peppers lonely hearts club band :love:
The Police - every breath you take
UB40 - kingston town
Wham - i know it's cheesy but last christmas (it's always the best christmas song :tongue:)
The Undertones - teenage kicks
The Who - my generation

same here :rofl:

(too much :lol: i could be for ages really haha.... the hives? don't think i've heard of them...)

yeah :biggrin: they started that year, right? 1980? and hammersmith odeon? do you know where that is? and yeah, girls on film was great and so was careless memories... actually think that careless memories might be my new favourite duran duran song haha :tongue:

Patience Amellia. God :colonhash: :tongue:
Okay so I'm pretty much going to list all the bands\solo artists in my ITunes library :tongue: There are albums there that I haven't listened to yet, but I'll probably like them :tongue: *Amellia, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I deleted Duran Duran :colondollar: There are bands I like just a bit more than them *expects Amellia to never forgive me for such a terrible action* :rofl: I still like them though :smile:

That's right, everything will be posted :rofl:

The Animals
Aztec Camera
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Big Star
Blue Oyster Cult
The Bluetones
Bob Dylan
Buzzcocks
The Byrds
The Cars
The Chameleons
The Church
The Clash
The Comsat Angels
The Cramps
The Cult
The Cure
David Bowie
Deep Purple
Depeche Mode
The Doors
Echo and the Bunnymen
Eddie and the Hot Rods
Editors
The Electric Prunes
The Feelies
The Field Mice
Fleetwood Mac
Franz Ferdinand
Free
Gang of Four
The Go-Betweens
Golden Earring
The House of Love
The Icicle Works
Iggy and the Stooges
Iggy Pop
Interpol
INXS
The Jam
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Josef K
Joy Division
The Killers
The Kinks
The Knack
The La's
Led Zeppelin
Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
Lou Reed
Love
Lowlife
Magazine
MC5
Midnight Oil
The Mission
The Modern Lovers
The Moody Blues
Neil Young
New Model Army
New Order
Nick Drake
The Only Ones
OMD
Pink Floyd - might delete this :tongue:
Pixies
The Police
Primal Scream
Psychedelic Furs
Queen
R.E.M.
Radiohead
The Railway Children
The Replacements
The Rolling Stones
Roxy Music
Rush
Scott Walker
The Seeds
Simple Minds
The Skids
The Smiths
The Soft Boys
The Sound
The Standells
The Stone Roses
The Stranglers
The Strokes
Suede
Supergrass
T. Rex
Talking Heads
Tame Impala
The Teardrop Explodes
Tears for Fears
Television
The The
Thin Lizzy
Tom Waits
U2
Ultravox - both incarnations
The Undertones
The Velvet Underground
Violent Femmes
The Waterboys
The Who
The Wild Swans
Wire
Wishbone Ash
The Wonder Stuff
XTC

and...

The 13th Floor Elevators

That's everything :rofl:

Honourable mention - Duran Duran :tongue:
Okay so I'm pretty much going to list all the bands\solo artists in my ITunes library :tongue: There are albums there that I haven't listened to yet, but I'll probably like them :tongue: *Amellia, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I deleted Duran Duran :colondollar: There are bands I like just a bit more than them *expects Amellia to never forgive me for such a terrible action* :rofl: I still like them though :smile:

That's right, everything will be posted :rofl:

The Animals
Aztec Camera
The Beach Boys
The Beatles
Big Star
Blue Oyster Cult
The Bluetones
Bob Dylan
Buzzcocks
The Byrds
The Cars
The Chameleons
The Church
The Clash
The Comsat Angels
The Cramps
The Cult
The Cure
David Bowie
Deep Purple
Depeche Mode
The Doors
Echo and the Bunnymen
Eddie and the Hot Rods
Editors
The Electric Prunes
The Feelies
The Field Mice
Fleetwood Mac
Franz Ferdinand
Free
Gang of Four
The Go-Betweens
Golden Earring
The House of Love
The Icicle Works
Iggy and the Stooges
Iggy Pop
Interpol
INXS
The Jam
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Josef K
Joy Division
The Killers
The Kinks
The Knack
The La's
Led Zeppelin
Lloyd Cole & The Commotions
Lou Reed
Love
Lowlife
Magazine
MC5
Midnight Oil
The Mission
The Modern Lovers
The Moody Blues
Neil Young
New Model Army
New Order
Nick Drake
The Only Ones
OMD
Pink Floyd - might delete this :tongue:
Pixies
The Police
Primal Scream
Psychedelic Furs
Queen
R.E.M.
Radiohead
The Railway Children
The Replacements
The Rolling Stones
Roxy Music
Rush
Scott Walker
The Seeds
Simple Minds
The Skids
The Smiths
The Soft Boys
The Sound
The Standells
The Stone Roses
The Stranglers
The Strokes
Suede
Supergrass
T. Rex
Talking Heads
Tame Impala
The Teardrop Explodes
Tears for Fears
Television
The The
Thin Lizzy
Tom Waits
U2
Ultravox - both incarnations
The Undertones
The Velvet Underground
Violent Femmes
The Waterboys
The Who
The Wild Swans
Wire
Wishbone Ash
The Wonder Stuff
XTC

and...

The 13th Floor Elevators

That's everything :rofl:

Honourable mention - Duran Duran :tongue:

that's quite a list but i bet i could beat you :teehee:

the beach boys and the beatles :redface: i didn't think they were you're thing?
blue oyster cult and bob dylan, eh? :yep:

the killers and neil young too? :eek:

pink floyd? how could you delete pink floyd? :redface:

the railway children? what's that about? :rofl:

great list sass king :biggrin: i'm actually sincerely jealous of you and your music taste is just out of this world :love:
that's quite a list but i bet i could beat you :teehee:

the beach boys and the beatles :redface: i didn't think they were you're thing?
blue oyster cult and bob dylan, eh? :yep:

the killers and neil young too? :eek:

pink floyd? how could you delete pink floyd? :redface:

the railway children? what's that about? :rofl:

great list sass king :biggrin: i'm actually sincerely jealous of you and your music taste is just out of this world :love:

Would that be your Spotify list? :tongue: I have Spotify but I actually prefer ITunes. That might seem odd considering you can almost listen to anything on Spotify, but I just feel like ITunes feels a little more personal :tongue:

Of course I like The Beatles :tongue: As if I wouldn't mention them :tongue: and I haven't heard a lot of The Beach Boys, but they seem awesome. I didn't really think they were my thing at first, but someone recommended that I listen to 'Pet Sounds', plus my mum plays them occasionally and I like what I've heard :smile: Haven't listened to the album just yet though.

Because there are bands I like more than them :tongue: Sometimes I don't really like listening to the obvious bands :tongue:

The Railway Children
[video="youtube;O03txlJ11Hs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O03txlJ11Hs[/video]

Haha thank you very much :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Would that be your Spotify list? :tongue: I have Spotify but I actually prefer ITunes. That might seem odd considering you can almost listen to anything on Spotify, but I just feel like ITunes feels a little more personal :tongue:

Of course I like The Beatles :tongue: As if I wouldn't mention them :tongue: and I haven't heard a lot of The Beach Boys, but they seem awesome.

Because there are bands I like more than them :tongue: Sometimes I don't really like listening to the obvious bands :tongue:

The Railway Children
[video="youtube;O03txlJ11Hs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O03txlJ11Hs[/video]

Haha thank you very much :tongue:

yeah :biggrin: i know what you mean, but i prefer spotifiy atm but thinking of switching to apple music, not sure yet though :tongue:

they are just a classic :tongue: please do listen to them more, i could give you some recommendations if you want me to :smile:

yeh, same here... like seriously some of the bands/artisits i listen to noone, like i mean noone has even heard of them, let along their songs :rofl:

ah, that explains a lot :biggrin: i though you meant the railway children, like the kids book or something :lol: didn't know there was an actual band called that :redface: and it is really good btw

no worries, just stating the truth :h:

Quick Reply

Latest