The Student Room Group

Energy drinks before exams

Do you think having an energy drink before an exam is a good idea? Does anyone do this? I'm thinking about trying it but I just don't want my energy to run out half way through. Obviously I'll have weetabix or a banana on top of it (;

Scroll to see replies

They are bad in general , best thing is getting good night's sleep and drinking plenty of water/
Reply 2
In my opinion energy drinks don't really do much - I've found that they don't really stop you from being tired.
People will tell you it's probably a bad idea but I don't think it will cause any harm. Just don't drink it on an empty stomach because you might get a stomach ache and feel sick. Have it after eating something. Also make sure you take a bottle of water with you into your exam. Good luck!
Original post by TSR Mustafa
They are bad in general , best thing is getting good night's sleep and drinking plenty of water/

I know they're not healthy but sleep and water just don't give me the energy I need. And btw I'd only do it for a couple of exams (the 2:15 english ones especially)
Reply 4
Original post by Ella_08
Do you think having an energy drink before an exam is a good idea? Does anyone do this? I'm thinking about trying it but I just don't want my energy to run out half way through. Obviously I'll have weetabix or a banana on top of it (;

It will give you an energy boost for a while but some people do crash and then their concentration fails and they flake out in the last half of the exam.
I used energy drinks for revision beforehand but honestly, fruit and water are best on actual exam days.
I personally wouldnt risk it, a few of my friends did really bad in exams because their concentration faded and they couldnt focus properly. Exams typically get harder towards the end of the paper so not the best situation to be in.
Reply 5
I personally wouldn't, because energy drinks make me shake and need to pee. I would not be able to do an exam whilst shaking and needing the toilet. Obviously, you may not have these problems. Just make sure you know the effects caffeine has on you and consider if you could do a test under these conditions. Maybe even try doing an exam paper after having one.
You'd get a super high energy rush (too much for some people's liking) and then feel empty/deflated, so I'd personally steer clear of them.
Original post by aarora
In my opinion energy drinks don't really do much - I've found that they don't really stop you from being tired.
People will tell you it's probably a bad idea but I don't think it will cause any harm. Just don't drink it on an empty stomach because you might get a stomach ache and feel sick. Have it after eating something. Also make sure you take a bottle of water with you into your exam. Good luck!

I've tried them I few times doing revision, although i try to avoid them. Maybe I'm super sensitive but they work sooo well on my lol, it makes me feel like I'm 100% awake. Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I don't do that... definitely don't wanna feel sick! good point -I'll take water too, cheers :smile:
Original post by maisieaa
I personally wouldn't, because energy drinks make me shake and need to pee. I would not be able to do an exam whilst shaking and needing the toilet. Obviously, you may not have these problems. Just make sure you know the effects caffeine has on you and consider if you could do a test under these conditions. Maybe even try doing an exam paper after having one.

Yea, sometimes they make me shake. Thanku for the advice, it wouldn't be good needing the toilet :/ I don't think it's worth risking tbh
Original post by Fractite
You'd get a super high energy rush (too much for some people's liking) and then feel empty/deflated, so I'd personally steer clear of them.

That's what I fear. Cheers , i think it's best to avoid them now. Maybe skittles??
Original post by Ella_08
I know they're not healthy but sleep and water just don't give me the energy I need. And btw I'd only do it for a couple of exams (the 2:15 english ones especially)

Personally i'd just eat nuts or something :smile:

Don't fret too much though , as long as you are hydrated and prepared you'll do well. Good luck :smile:
May need a piss during exams. :s-smilie:
Seems like a good idea but what about when the rush wears off? You'll feel dead, especially if its a long exam.
Original post by Ella_08

weetabix is ur friend
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Personally i'd just eat nuts or something :smile:

Don't fret too much though , as long as you are hydrated and prepared you'll do well. Good luck :smile:

Oooh yeah gr8 idea. I hate nuts but I'll eat them anyways :smile: And i'll try not to get worried but it's my first real exam so it's pretty daunting
Original post by Xenon17
weetabix is ur friend

my best friend :h:
How has no one mentioned Will from the Inbetweeners yet?
Original post by RezzBerry
Seems like a good idea but what about when the rush wears off? You'll feel dead, especially if its a long exam.

yeah exactly, ur right, I'll feel like a zombie
Original post by champ_mc99
May need a piss during exams. :s-smilie:

Uuuh that would be terrible :/
Original post by Ella_08
Oooh yeah gr8 idea. I hate nuts but I'll eat them anyways :smile: And i'll try not to get worried but it's my first real exam so it's pretty daunting

GCSE's are pretty chill , how well have you done in mocks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending