The Student Room Group

Manchester police sorry for Allahu ackbar chants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thunder_chunky
I'm the Archbishop of Banterbury.

you are Bantonio Bantderas

:five:
Original post by the bear
imagine if the British Army in the Second World War had used the phrases "Achtung Schweinhund" or "Donner und Blitzen Britisher pig-dogs" in their training camps...

Ha ha ha!

You have to wonder if we would have won the second world war fighting by today's PC moral standards.

I somewhat doubt it... :rolleyes:
Original post by JezWeCan!
Ha ha ha!

You have to wonder if we would have won the second world war fighting by today's PC moral standards.

I somewhat doubt it... :rolleyes:

people have short memories

:rolleyes:
Original post by the bear
you are Bantonio Bantderas

:five:

I am a bantersaurus Rex.
Q.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Why use it again in a mock drill?

A.
Original post by Lord Samosa
It's bad enough us Muslims have to see terrorists use that phrase whilst they kill people
Original post by ivybridge
You are both missing the point. It was unnecessary. The point is it's a terrorist attack. You did not need to shout anything specific out. You could have said "BLAH" out loud for all it ****ing mattered.

An *Islamic* terrorist attack. I don't think there's been an attack where "Allahu Ackbhar" hasn't been shouted.
Original post by Mona-S
As a Muslim, I do believe they have offended us.

What all of you?

Do you like a chain email group for all Muslims so you can stay in touch

But i notice here you are happy saying 100% of a group is reliable and not as you claimed in a different post 'unreliable'
Not surprised at all that the phrase has been used and deliberately as well. Just adds to the further demonising of Muslims and Islam and making us all feel like potential terrorists.
Original post by digistar_100
Not surprised at all that the phrase has been used and deliberately as well. Just adds to the further demonising of Muslims and Islam and making us all feel like potential terrorists.

No it doesn't. Don't be such a drama queen.
Original post by thunder_chunky
No it doesn't. Don't be such a drama queen.

Yes because you know how the majority of Muslims really feel.
Just adds to the further demonising of Muslims and Islam and making us all feel like potential terrorists.

No, it says "the perpetrators of this style of Islamic attack are Islamic terrorists".

For other types of incidents, other styles are used.

They're not saying "all terrorist incidents are Islamic", they're saying that suicide bomb and gun attacks on shopping centres - which have been threatened against UK targets - are.

Other threats - including but not limited to, car bombs, train stations, airports - can come from other sources so are more generic.

The purpose of the exercise was to test, prepare and train the emergency services. That's not possible unless the exercise is accurate and realistic. That's why they used a real shopping centre. That's why they used volunteers to act as civilians caught up in it. That's why some were given make up to look injured.

I've been in similar exercises. It's the realism that makes them valuable.

You thinking they demonise a certain section of society smacks of nothing more than ignorance. You're acting as though you believe that this is the only kind of exercise they have or will ever have. Such beliefs are nonsense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes because you know how the majority of Muslims really feel.

I don't, and I don't think you do either. It doesn't demonise Islam or Muslims. It doesn't suggest even for a moment that all Muslims are terrorists. Maybe people like you should stop playing the victim card and worry about more important things. Like the issue of radicalisation.
Reply 92
Original post by BaconandSauce
i notice here you are happy saying 100% of a group

I think you have reading problems. No where have I said that 100% of Muslims will get offended by this.
Of course 100% of Muslims will not find this offensive, some may even see this as a good thing.

wow you're really insecure, stalking me everywhere to prove your point.
This is actually very pathetic of you. Thanks for showing me who I'm really talking to.
Original post by Mona-S
I think you have reading problems. No where have I said that 100% of Muslims will get offended by this.
Of course 100% of Muslims will not find this offensive, some may even see this as a good thing.

wow you're really insecure, stalking me everywhere to prove your point.
This is actually very pathetic of you. Thanks for showing me who I'm really talking to.

No I think your language skills are lacking

you said

'As a Muslim, I do believe they have offended us.'

You used the term Muslims and 'Us' you didn't say some or just me or a few of those I know you simply said 'Us'

That you think replying to a post on a forum is 'stalking' is rather odd
They were adding a little role-playing to the drill for authenticity - so what? The professional umbrage-takers and perpetually offended are at it again. I think the cops shoulda risen above it and ignored them - it wasn't a big deal. But they pandered.

And "God is great" is a thing shouted by terrorists quite frequently these days...
Good that they apologised

Did the IRA shout "allahu akbar" too?
Original post by Multiculturalism
Good that they apologised

Did the IRA shout "allahu akbar" too?

No.

But they also didn't attack shopping centres with suicide bombs (that autocorrected to boobs. That's something entirely different...) and machine guns.

The whole point of this particular exercise was to prepare for a particular threat - that has been made by Islamic terrorists - that is conducted almost exclusively by Islamic terrorists. Therefore, making it realistic to the threat is perfectly reasonable.

They will also conduct exercises that involve the threat of car bombs and coded warning messages, such as the ones used by the IRA - notably in 1996.

Both facts make perfect sense to any rational, intelligent human.
(edited 7 years ago)
**** the police

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BaconandSauce
'Long live the Judean Popular People's Front'

Splitters!
As someone said, everyone who goes "nah nah, nah nah" when a Police Car goes by should apologise.

In case the plod inside are offended...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending