The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 3 WPH03 May June 2016 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaadKaleem
33 +- 1 in my opinion. I wonder if I'll grab an A, a B is for sure though.

I'm thinking around 32 or 33 not any higher than that.Chances are looking pretty good for a B but yes you can never be sure about an A.
Original post by Owais.ik
Yes Thats correct

and for the question to determine the refractive index we should have said plot a graph of sin i on the y-axis against sin r on the x-axis and the gradient will be the refractive index
Original post by iWant.A
and for the question to determine the refractive index we should have said plot a graph of sin i on the y-axis against sin r on the x-axis and the gradient will be the refractive index

Yes (Y)
anyone else got a gradient of 3.91? :/
thank god there's ECF, without that, i wouldve gotten a zero for the resistivity question
Original post by afridi010
anyone else got a gradient of 3.91? :/
thank god there's ECF, without that, i wouldve gotten a zero for the resistivity question

If you are who I think you are then No
What was the answer for how the current can be kept constant? I wrote that a series circuit must be used with an ammeter to ensure that it is constant, but not sure about this answer.
i got my gradient as 5.7 and resistivity as 4.7*10-6
do you think my values will be in the range given?
Original post by Maryam hosni

I don't think so, but they'll probably give you the marks if you have done the correct calculation for resistivity
Original post by Maryam hosni

Sadly I don't think so :frown: as most of the people wrote between 4.5 and 5 for gradient even below 4.5 I'm not sure but I don't think 5.7 is gonna cut it.For resistivity you might get method marks but the answer was 1.xx*10^-6 not anymore than a 1.
Original post by don't cry-craft
What was the answer for how the current can be kept constant? I wrote that a series circuit must be used with an ammeter to ensure that it is constant, but not sure about this answer.

I wrote variable resistor to keep the current constant
Reply 130
I got
Gradient =5
Resistivity = 1.23 x 10^-6
Original post by Hamadtype-
I wrote variable resistor to keep the current constant

same
Reply 132
who's taking bio chem phy and math ??
Original post by mira99

me but im not taking maths
Original post by OnTheHorizon
Sadly I don't think so :frown: as most of the people wrote between 4.5 and 5 for gradient even below 4.5 I'm not sure but I don't think 5.7 is gonna cut it.For resistivity you might get method marks but the answer was 1.xx*10^-6 not anymore than a 1.

well all from 4.5 to 5.5 are correct
Original post by don't cry-craft

Umm.. with this way you could just read off the current and you won't MAKE it constant ryt ? What if the ammeter reading isn't constant :V
I wrote that use a variable resistor
Original post by mira99

all except bio
Original post by MrBioBombastic

4.5-5 maybe coz in previous mark schemes the gradient range is not that big
Original post by OnTheHorizon
I'm thinking around 32 or 33 not any higher than that.Chances are looking pretty good for a B but yes you can never be sure about an A.

Don't worry coz for unit 1 and 2 A is like 55+ so make sure you get those and you will get an A. Good luck
Original post by MrBioBombastic

Is that so? Is that the usual range?
0-1

Quick Reply

Latest