The Student Room Group

N5 Graphic Communication

this was such a difficult one!!

Anyone remember how they did the modelling plan ??

actually does anyone remember any of their answers I have no clue how I did
Reply 1
I did Higher this year, and saw your paper soon after getting out. I would say it was ok, especially compared to last years paper (my paper).
Of course it was harder than the 2014 paper, that was a ridiculously easy paper - who in the SQA thought setting entire questions around train tracks and giving people like 5 marks for it was a good idea.
Rant aside, yeah seemed like a good paper when I flicked through it, couple of section questions but at least you weren't actually drawing on the section like I was - silver linings eh?

Edit: this post just looks like a massive rant and thats not what I intended it to be, just saying
Reply 2
Original post by PTS_99
I did Higher this year, and saw your paper soon after getting out. I would say it was ok, especially compared to last years paper (my paper).
Of course it was harder than the 2014 paper, that was a ridiculously easy paper - who in the SQA thought setting entire questions around train tracks and giving people like 5 marks for it was a good idea.
Rant aside, yeah seemed like a good paper when I flicked through it, couple of section questions but at least you weren't actually drawing on the section like I was - silver linings eh?

Edit: this post just looks like a massive rant and thats not what I intended it to be, just saying

How was the higher one this year??
Reply 3
Original post by alex5023
How was the higher one this year??

Pretty good, I think one or two could've been worded a bit easier but graph comm's always been like that: a lot of wording just to ask whether two colours are in unity or contrast haha.

I just look forward to never having to do this subject, ever again :biggrin:
Hi. I thought the exam was fine, but just a little bit harder than the past papers. It might just be the pressure though.I got so nervous, I finished the paper before half-time.

To me, Q3 was hardest.

It's probably because our teacher didn't teach us anything for the best part of a year, and my entire class had to revise through stuff we downloaded from the web, but it was OK.

How did it go with you?
Reply 5
Original post by mghanduri
Hi. I thought the exam was fine, but just a little bit harder than the past papers. It might just be the pressure though.I got so nervous, I finished the paper before half-time.

To me, Q3 was hardest.

It's probably because our teacher didn't teach us anything for the best part of a year, and my entire class had to revise through stuff we downloaded from the web, but it was OK.

How did it go with you?

I found it pretty hard but that's mostly because we weren't taught most of what was in that exam

What was Q3 again?
I found it pretty hard but that's mostly because we weren't taught most of what was in that exam

What was Q3 again?

Q3 was about giving the instructions on how to make the lid of the container on Inventor. I devised two answers and wrote them down, but I bet I lost most of my mark.
Reply 7
Q3 was about giving the instructions on how to make the lid of the container on Inventor. I devised two answers and wrote them down, but I bet I lost most of my mark.

Yeah pretty sure I lost all 6 marks on this one. I created the sides and revolved it but I did it wrong because it was sloping :/ oh well.

What did you write for that shelling question?
Yeah pretty sure I lost all 6 marks on this one. I created the sides and revolved it but I did it wrong because it was sloping :/ oh well.

What did you write for that shelling question?

I wrote that all the designer needed was to save the part, then the library will be updated, and therefore, the assembly will be updated. I know that I would lose my marks for it.
Reply 9
I wrote that all the designer needed was to save the part, then the library will be updated, and therefore, the assembly will be updated. I know that I would lose my marks for it.

Do you know if you get penalised for wrong answers?
For example, for the DTP stuff at the beginning I wrote a lot about how depth was created and I'm wondering if some of it is wrong but I've got enough to get 2/2 would I get marks taken off

So happy I can drop graph comm this year!
Do you know if you get penalised for wrong answers?
For example, for the DTP stuff at the beginning I wrote a lot about how depth was created and I'm wondering if some of it is wrong but I've got enough to get 2/2 would I get marks taken off

So happy I can drop graph comm this year!

From what I've heard, the marking must always be positive, but if you mention something wrong in one explanation, then the answer is wrong, but if you were to mention two separate explanations, then you would do fine.

I chose Graph Comm for Higher, and honestly, I don't know why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending