The Student Room Group

Manchester police sorry for Allahu ackbar chants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by BaconandSauce
No I think your language skills are lacking

you said

'As a Muslim, I do believe they have offended us.'

You used the term Muslims and 'Us' you didn't say some or just me or a few of those I know you simply said 'Us'

That you think replying to a post on a forum is 'stalking' is rather odd

The way you decided to interpret what I said is your choice. But as I said before I do not mean 100%.

No I think your language skills are lacking
Thank you for your advice, but next time, please use your own advice before you try to teach others. If saying 'us' is what made you think that, then you should have mentioned that in the beginning and not state that I said 100% of Muslims...

replying to a post
Replying to a post is not stalking, using my quote from previous threads to try and prove your point is seen as stalking and pathetic. The topic of discussion in this thread is different, if you have anything to say to me regarding that topic then please use that thread.
If you ever wanted to see ignorance and stupidity just read 6 whole pages on this thread.

1) Shouting anything WILL NOT make it more realistic as the volunteers are wearing ear mufflers which pretty much make them deaf so they will not have heard anything said and acted by the visual effect of the explosion (if you watch the video properly you can even see no one reacts to the words and there is a delayed reaction to the explosion (again because they CANNOT hear what is being said)

2) Further the point of this experiment/trial/test was to measure emergency service response times to terror attacks, correct me if im wrong but shouting anything WILL NOT make emergency services come quicker or slower.

Its always the closet racists which have something to say without actually looking into the topic in the first place.
Original post by KINGYusuf
Mate just stop replying, you look like an idiot lol

'calls people bigots, cretins and idiots'

uses a screenshot as a source
Original post by TSRFT8
If you ever wanted to see ignorance and stupidity just read 6 whole pages on this thread.

1) Shouting anything WILL NOT make it more realistic as the volunteers are wearing ear mufflers which pretty much make them deaf so they will not have heard anything said and acted by the visual effect of the explosion (if you watch the video properly you can even see no one reacts to the words and there is a delayed reaction to the explosion (again because they CANNOT hear what is being said)

2) Further the point of this experiment/trial/test was to measure emergency service response times to terror attacks, correct me if im wrong but shouting anything WILL NOT make emergency services come quicker or slower.

Its always the closet racists which have something to say without actually looking into the topic in the first place.

1) Yes, it will. Having been on exercises like this, anything you can do to improve the realism is important and valuable.

2) Incorrect. As mentioned in the article in the very first post, the exercise was to "test the emergency response to a major terrorist incident". No mention of timing there, that's something completely off your own invention. Response in this case would involve the armed police getting there and dealing with the remaining threat - that would involve obtaining witness statements from those who saw what was going on, hence realism is key.
Original post by Drewski
1) Yes, it will. Having been on exercises like this, anything you can do to improve the realism is important and valuable.

2) Incorrect. As mentioned in the article in the very first post, the exercise was to "test the emergency response to a major terrorist incident". No mention of timing there, that's something completely off your own invention. Response in this case would involve the armed police getting there and dealing with the remaining threat - that would involve obtaining witness statements from those who saw what was going on, hence realism is key.

Well point 1 is invalid as i just explained they are wearing ear mufflers and you can see by their reaction they did not hear anything what was said, infact the guy did not even hear the explosion just went down because he saw others so saying ANYTHING in this situation would not be effective as they cannot hear it.

Well my point was pretty much the response will not be any less or more accurate because of two words, lets just be honest. "Obtaining witness statements" ok but i just told you, you can clearly see they are wearing ear mufflers which basically makes you deaf/ limit your hearing substantially so the volunteers dont suffer hearing loss from the noise of the blast.

Two stupid back up arguments which all relate back to my original post; you are a idiot.
Original post by TSRFT8
Well point 1 is invalid as i just explained they are wearing ear mufflers and you can see by their reaction they did not hear anything what was said, infact the guy did not even hear the explosion just went down because he saw others so saying ANYTHING in this situation would not be effective as they cannot hear it.

Well my point was pretty much the response will not be any less or more accurate because of two words, lets just be honest. "Obtaining witness statements" ok but i just told you, you can clearly see they are wearing ear mufflers which basically makes you deaf/ limit your hearing substantially so the volunteers dont suffer hearing loss from the noise of the blast.

Two stupid back up arguments which all relate back to my original post; you are a idiot.

*an.

You are being incredibly naive if you think the only people involved are the ones you can see. Ever been to the Trafford Centre? Know how big the food court is there? I read in another local source (I think it was the MEN) that 300 volunteers were involved. Can you see them all in that one, short video? How can you possibly think you've got a proper appreciation for what went on in that exercise, which, by the way, went on all night?

You accuse people of being naive and basic in their opinions, but you're guilty of exactly the same thing.

Additionally, I've worn ear defenders and ear plugs while explosions have been going off, you can definitely still hear what's going on around you.

And I notice how you completely glossed over the fact you had the entire premise for the exercise incorrect. That little fact a touch inconvenient for you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
You are being incredibly naive if you think the only people involved are the ones you can see. Ever been to the Trafford Centre? Know how big the food court is there? I read in another local source (I think it was the MEN) that 300 volunteers were involved. Can you see them all in that one, short video? How can you possibly think you've got a proper appreciation for what went on in that exercise, which, by the way, went on all night?

You accuse people of being naive and basic in their opinions, but you're guilty of exactly the same thing.

I would continue to argue but tbh i have a levels to revise for and quite frankly this whole thread is pointless and whatever you are saying has no foundation to it. They have already apoligised and they know what they said was wrong. Your opinion is useless as they have done what they needed to do.
Meanwhile, in Munich people get stabbed by someone shouting "Allah ahbar"

I know, stereotyping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRFT8
I would continue to argue but tbh i have a levels to revise for and quite frankly this whole thread is pointless and whatever you are saying has no foundation to it. They have already apoligised and they know what they said was wrong. Your opinion is useless as they have done what they needed to do.

Yes. They've run the exercise.

The apologies afterwards will mean precisely **** all to the front line guys who have learned from it.

For future reference, you might not like what people are saying, but when they talk from experience and knowledge on the subject and you talk from no experience and no knowledge, the polite (and wise) thing to do is wind your neck in.
I'm on the fence on this. The argument for "realism" is stupid tbf, everyone involved is a volunteer so know there's an "attack", there is absolutely no need to say "allahu ackbar" at all.
It completely alienates young muslims for no real reason
That being said, "it's not that deep" and I found the video of a paid volunteer shouting "allahu ackbar" in a police ran exercise ****ing hilarious to watch.
Al. Lah. Hu Hu Hu. Akbar akbar shake da tree. Allah Hu Hu Hu. Akbar akbar grind coffee. To the left, to the right, terrorists are not happy. Though they dance every night to the hula melody.
Original post by TSRFT8

You should stick to your a-level revision, arguing isn't your forté
Sad to see muslims being more concerned about the use of 'allah ackbar' than ensuring their fellow citizens are safe and prepared for the next (we all know it's only a matter of time) islamic inspired atrocity on our streets

so very sad indeed
Original post by Mona-S
The way you decided to interpret what I said is your choice. But as I said before I do not mean 100%.

OK fair enough but you still should have phrased is better as us who don't speak 'offended' may just read the words you write rather than trying to 'interpret' them is some strange way.

but that you 'feel' offended is irrelevant and shouldn't outweigh the safety of people in this country
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
They have said that they were training for a specific type of threat. One that has been made against shopping centres in the UK by Islamic terrorists and a tactic they have used in the past.

When you learn to drive you get out in the car and practise driving.
When you learn to put out a fire you set something on fire and then use water.

This was a training exercise designed to look, sound and feel like a specific type of threat. You have to make then realistic so that the people you need to perform do so in a way that makes sense and so they can learn from it.

You don't understand that because you've never been anywhere near an environment like that, so stop whining about something you clearly haven't got the first clue about.

When a community is already marginalized and time-to-time on ignorant grounds dehumanized, the authority maintaining law and order needs to make sure they don't incentivize the ignorant bunch.

To stage a mock drill in such a manner was definitely in bad taste. The supposedly knowledgeable folks, unlike you, have no inclination to further divide the society and breed animosity between certain demographics. Apology was rightly issued and awareness also spread. Apologizing is commendable.
Original post by TaintedLight
When a community is already marginalized and

What nonsense! If Moslems are marginalised it is because they set themselves apart from the rest of us. Many dress as a means of repelling social contact, keep their women sequestered and seek jobs and homes only among people of a like mind. Isolation is inevitable with these people.

They should cease making unnecessary gestures of rejection of British society and make active attempts to involve themselves in our society. They would not be marginalised if they did, as indeed, those that integrate well find for themselves.
Original post by TaintedLight
To stage a mock drill in such a manner was definitely in bad taste.

Nonsense. Threats have been made. These tactics have been used before. Not being prepared for such an eventuality is a far greater insult to the entire population.

When ambulance and fire services practise responding to car accidents they don't offend everybody who's been involved in car accidents.
When police practise riot control they don't offend everybody who's been involved in riots.
When airport fire services practise responding to a crashed plane they don't offend anyone who's ever been in a plane crash.

Not being trained and prepared for an attack of this style - which is just one of many scenarios they'll train for - is a far greater insult and something that would cause deep consternation among the public.
Original post by Good bloke
What nonsense! If Moslems are marginalised it is because they set themselves apart from the rest of us. Many dress as a means of repelling social contact, keep their women sequestered and seek jobs and homes only among people of a like mind. Isolation is inevitable with these people.

They should cease making unnecessary gestures of rejection of British society and make active attempts to involve themselves in our society. They would not be marginalised if they did, as indeed, those that integrate well find for themselves.

PRSOM
Original post by Drewski
Nonsense. Threats have been made. These tactics have been used before. Not being prepared for such an eventuality is a far greater insult to the entire population.

When ambulance and fire services practise responding to car accidents they don't offend everybody who's been involved in car accidents.
When police practise riot control they don't offend everybody who's been involved in riots.
When airport fire services practise responding to a crashed plane they don't offend anyone who's ever been in a plane crash.

Not being trained and prepared for an attack of this style - which is just one of many scenarios they'll train for - is a far greater insult and something that would cause deep consternation among the public.

Liked someone feeling 'offended' is important in the first place

But what next the fire brigade apologising to potential arsonists for causing offense when putting out fires.

But as I say it seem some are more concerned with protecting Islam than their fellow citizens
All these Muslims with their victim complexes are hilarious.

They are doing everything they can to replicate a terrorist environment, which are ALMOST ALWAYS caused by....

*drumroll*

MUSLIMS!

No need to apologise in the slightest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending