The Student Room Group

My girlfriend has low libido

So me and my girlfriend have been going out for 4 months now, and everything is going well, apart from the fact that she has a low sex drive and I have a high one. I've had many girlfriends in the past and I've never had a problem with this. We probably do something sexual every 2-3 weeks, despite seeing each other everyday after college. Whilst I think it's fair enough that she doesn't want to do that stuff all the time, I just feel like I need a bit more than what I'm getting. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
You can't force her into sex if that's not what she's into, and if you really love her then you'll respect that, maybe ta;k to her about it and see what she says, she may be up for it more, otherwise you could always pleasure yourself and if none of that cuts it, maybe find someone that'll satisfy your needs
Reply 2
So, libido mismatch I think is pretty common in established relationships. Work pressures etc don't help. And it's a bit of an issue and hard to deal with. The trouble is that sexual appetite is a bit like hunger, if you don't feel like you don't feel like it and it's difficult to fake. Conversely if you do, like me all the while, it's a source of significant discontent and feelings of rejection. The only thing I have found to help is discussion at right moment and some informal agreement on frequency. At one time we actually agreed a particular day of the week as a minimum. Now it's an understanding we'll make time for it on average once a week. This keeps me sane and we both enjoy it.
Original post by AlexHarris123
So me and my girlfriend have been going out for 4 months now, and everything is going well, apart from the fact that she has a low sex drive and I have a high one. I've had many girlfriends in the past and I've never had a problem with this. We probably do something sexual every 2-3 weeks, despite seeing each other everyday after college. Whilst I think it's fair enough that she doesn't want to do that stuff all the time, I just feel like I need a bit more than what I'm getting. Any suggestions?

Well what do you want us to say? It's her body and her feelings, you know? You can't make her have sex with you and if you talk to her about increasing frequency, she's just going to feel subtly pressured and that isn't okay, even if that isn't what you mean. If it's going to push you to cheat on her because you want more sex, leave her. If she doesn't satisfy you enough, I guess talking is an option but be very careful about how you go about it. If you are that dissatisfied, end it. You'll probably end up doing something with somebody else if you get that sexually frustrated because you know, no offence to my own gender here but we're kind of *******s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending