The Student Room Group

"CAN I GET ALL As IN 35 MINUTES?- EXAMS START TOMORROW." ( Motivational thread.)

Okay, blah. This is going to sound like a pretty absurd idea and I don't know if people will be interested but I think it'll work. For me, at least. I am sitting in a pool of desperation and can't seem to study for more than 35 minutes per day atm, if that. Considering we are now in mid-may and our exams are literally tomorrow/have started, I thought it'd be worth a try making this.

So how this works is that if you wish to participate then you post in this thread stating what your next exam is and how many days you have left for it. E.g.

"Biology Unit 2 - Five days."

TSR-ians will then comment on your post on whether they think you can do it. If they don't believe you can learn the content you have stated in the specified time and achieve a grade A then be ready to receive some responses that may not be very great. On the other hand, if they believe you're more than capable then you'll be hopefully drowning in tons of motivational responses. Honesty is highly recommended. For this to work at it's best, we'll assume that all members who post have done 0 revision towards the exam. Once you have finished revising for your exam, then you post in the thread to let us know of your achievement and we'll tick you off the list in the OP. I think that sense of satisfaction will feel great and hopefully motivate you to continue revising.

This might initially sound like a strange/de-motivating idea, but I personally actually find that when people don't believe in me, it makes me all the more determined to prove them wrong and I end up working 10 times harder in order to achieve what they don't think I will be able to.

At the same time, it might be nice to have that extra support/study-boost knowing that people are by your side and helping you through.

And maybe just maybe, for once we can actually use negativity for the good.

Edit: Upcoming exams.

Anon_98 - C1 - 18th May
z33 - Chemistry Unit 2. - 8th June
Undercxver- Russian History. - 18th May
TheOtherSide - Biology Unit 1 + French R and L - 17th May.
Homeland.lsw - Biology Unit 1 + French R and L - 17th May
Bulletzone - French R and L - 17th May
TSRMustafa - Resit. - 25th May
MVEMJSUNP. - AS Sociology. - 17th May.
Theonlymrsholmes. - History Resit. - 17th May.
Dotdotdot - Economics. - 16th May.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Okay, cool. Since I'm the OP, I guess I'll start.

This one isn't a real exam rather a mock on the entire unit buttt..

Maths S2- 5 hours. :rofl: :sad:

Okay, no- if we count tomorrow morning then it's 7/8 hours.
Reply 2
I'm just posting to bump up the thread because I think it's a good idea :innocent:
Reply 3
Original post by Anon_98
Okay, cool. Since I'm the OP, I guess I'll start.

This one isn't a real exam rather a mock on the entire unit buttt..

Maths S2- 5 hours. :rofl: :sad:

Okay, no- if we count tomorrow morning then it's 7/8 hours.

i don't do maths but... 5 hours 0 revision? GURL x_x thank God it's a mock!

my first exam is biology unit 2 but idgaf about that

chemistry unit 2 - 28 days
unit 4 - 33 days
unit 5 - 41 days

can i live? can I get As?
Good idea OP, it should be motivating.

Okay so I have a History Tsarist Russia exam in 7 days. :indiff:

I've covered content, don't know it all though. Attempted about four or five papers. I doubt anyone would have an answer for specifically Tsarist Russia, but if anyone has any ideas for History generally with what grades I can achieve or anything I can do to remember content fast then please help out this lost soul. :redface:
You're not doing all your exams tomorrow, so chill.
If you get off TSR for a while maybe you'll get more done :biggrin:
Can GCSE students join in? :innocent:

Spoiler

Biology Unit B1 6 Days
French Read and Listening 6 Days

Entering hell 6 days
Original post by homeland.lsw
Biology Unit B1 6 Days

Entering hell 6 days

Me too.

Spoiler

Reply 10
Original post by z33
i don't do maths but... 5 hours 0 revision? GURL x_x thank God it's a mock!

Yep, I know I should've prepared better but okay I'm going to properly start at 9:00pm. Work up until 1am. Then wake up early tomorrow to fit in a couple more hours. Hopefully it'll be do-able.

Original post by z33

chemistry unit 2 - 28 days

I've put you in the OP. I think that's perfectly manageable! Yes, you're capable of achieving this. You could even go through the unit twice or more in that time, in my opinion. Let us know once you've finished revising for it so I can tick your name off in the OP for that unit.
History paper 1 is in 6 days :redface: feel quite prepared for it (hopefully :crossedf:) and ik i have done a lot of work for it so i don't feel disappointed in myself which is nice i suppose lol :redface:my main target is to actually sleep properly bc nightmares make me fall asleep in the day and waste revision time :redface:
Reply 12
Original post by undercxver

I've covered content, don't know it all though. Attempted about four or five papers. I doubt anyone would have an answer for specifically Tsarist Russia, but if anyone has any ideas for History generally with what grades I can achieve or anything I can do to remember content fast then please help out this lost soul. :redface:

Thanks, I've added you into the OP. Let us know once you've finished revising for it so I can tick your name off. :smile:

I don't do History but I personally think it's only possible if you dedicate all your time from now until the exam to it bc from what I've heard there's so much content to learn and the essays are really hard to write as they apparently require a lot of practice. Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by nisha.sri
If you get off TSR for a while maybe you'll get more done :biggrin:

I've hardly spent any time on TSR tbh but thanks I'm going, like, rn.
Original post by undercxver

If structuring your 20 mark answers is an issue (for Edexcel), I could send you some of my full-mark essays? They're on the Soviet Union, though.
Reply 15
Original post by Spectroscopy
You're not doing all your exams tomorrow, so chill.

I practically am tho.
Reply 16
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Can GCSE students join in? :innocent:

Spoiler

Of course + thank you. I've added you to the OP. Good luck! :smile:

Original post by homeland.lsw
Biology Unit B1 6 Days

Entering hell 6 days

Good luck, you can do this. :dumbells:
Got a Unit 1 resit , wanna get full mus hopefully. I have revised the content for about a month but haven't done so in depth and haven't practiced many papers. The exam is in 2 weeks , pretty confident .
This is such a good idea OP!

First exam is next Tuesday: OCR Sociology AS paper done absolutely no revision hoping to schedule some in for the weekend.
Reply 19
Original post by CoolCavy
History paper 1 is in 6 days :redface: feel quite prepared for it (hopefully :crossedf:) and ik i have done a lot of work for it so i don't feel disappointed in myself which is nice i suppose lol :redface:my main target is to actually sleep properly bc nightmares make me fall asleep in the day and waste revision time :redface:

Good luck, Cavy.- Sounds great. Added you to the OP. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest