The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by mercuryman
(Info in this thread follows the 2008 specification)

rules:
1. Don't discuss the 2015 papers on this thread until April when mostly everyone has done their mocks.

2. Please try to not go off on a tangent in your conversations, everything should be STRICTLY BIOLOGY-related here! :smile:

Is there any whatsapp groupchat for this, could be useful? Cheers
Reply 221
Original post by ultimatesword
Hi guys! I'm thinking about making a WhatsApp for those taking Edexcel biology. Will be good to post any questions and clear any doubts about anything. We can also talk about pre-release :tongue:

PM me if you want in

Does this exist? I want in
Original post by Samboy
Does this exist? I want in

Yep PM me your number and I'll add you :smile:

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
{https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/june-2016-factory-of-life-scientific-article-edexcel-question-7-questions-answers-and-viual-aids-11271853} Just want to share this resource; it consists of a 20 page booklet filled with 90 potential questions for question 7 of the Edexcel biology unit 5 june 2016 exam, it also has some visual aids. Answers edexcel based and is what you will need to write down to gain those specific mark points! It was a collaborative effort and you can be assured that it will be useful! { https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/june-2016-factory-of-life-scientific-article-edexcel-question-7-questions-answers-and-viual-aids-11271853}
why increasing temperature of the room decreases the time taken for the snail to respond to stimulus and to re-emerge from its shell ?
Reply 225
Original post by PlayerBB
why increasing temperature of the room decreases the time taken for the snail to respond to stimulus and to re-emerge from its shell ?

Totally no idea.. I really wanna know that!
Any guesses to what experiments might come up for unit 6? :smile:
Original post by ~xSarahx~
Any guesses to what experiments might come up for unit 6? :smile:

Unit 6 is the coursework, unless you're international in which case there's a seperate thread :h:
Original post by A-LJLB
Unit 6 is the coursework, unless you're international in which case there's a seperate thread :h:

Oops. My bad >< do you by any chance know the link to the other thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ~xSarahx~
Oops. My bad >< do you by any chance know the link to the other thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3967725

We discuss unit 6 and U5 article

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimen.
Totally no idea.. I really wanna know that!

Could it be something to do with affecting enzyme activity?
Reply 232
Original post by Cakey_101

Lol the paper's done IDGAF now xD
Reply 233
Original post by Cakey_101

I put that, and asked my mum whose a biologist and said that temperature is always related to that. We might be lucky
Original post by dnac5
I put that, and asked my mum whose a biologist and said that temperature is always related to that. We might be lucky

What was this for?
Can anyone please explain this spec. point for me?

"Describe how phosphorylation of ADP requires energy and how hydrolysis of ATP provides an immediate supply of energy for biological processes."
Original post by rory58824
Can anyone please explain this spec. point for me?

"Describe how phosphorylation of ADP requires energy and how hydrolysis of ATP provides an immediate supply of energy for biological processes."

how hydrolysis of ATP provides an immediate supply of energy for biological processes
-energy sourced from glucose is stored in the phosphate bond
- ADP +P catalysed by ATPase produces ATP
-ATP diffuses to cells needing energy (respiring tissue)
- Hydrolysis breaks the phosphate bond
- Energy is released from the bonds and supplied to cells ie. biological processes immediately
https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/june-2016-factory-of-life-scientific-article-edexcel-question-7-questions-answers-and-viual-aids-11271853 <<
JUNE 2016 FACTORY OF LIFE SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE EDEXCEL QUESTION 7 QUESTIONS, ANSWERS AND VIUAL AIDS
Reply 238
DOes anyone know any whatsapp groups for IAL biology edexcel exams?
thannkyouu:smile:
Original post by dnac5
DOes anyone know any whatsapp groups for IAL biology edexcel exams?
thannkyouu:smile:

Hi we have a whatsapp group. You can pm your number to me and I'll add you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending