The Student Room Group

AQA AS Philosophy (new 2014 onwards spec) Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
are there any predictions of what will come up?
Hey!

So I found this on the AQA website (you may have already seen it). It is basically what happened last year with grade boundaries, and percentages of people who got certain grades.

as results.jpg Source: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-AS-STATS-JUNE-2015.PDF

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by edkenny

You can pretty much rule out anything that came up last year....
Good luck guys! I took this exam last year (first year on the new spec). I'm sitting the A2 paper this year (9th June).
Original post by Platopus
Good luck guys! I took this exam last year (first year on the new spec). I'm sitting the A2 paper this year (9th June).

How did you do? :smile:
Original post by 221Breezeblocks
How did you do? :smile:

I got 94% UMS :smile:

Hiya! I put this in the A Level exam thread directory (which you can find here) use it to find discussions about your other exams Let me know if I've missed one out or if you make a discussion thread yourself!

Spoiler

Original post by Fox Corner
Hiya! I put this in the A Level exam thread directory (which you can find here) use it to find discussions about your other exams Let me know if I've missed one out or if you make a discussion thread yourself!

Spoiler

Ah great thank you:smile: grateful for that :u:

Spoiler

I got 94% UMS :smile:

That's really amazing:o:o:redface:... 90+ is what I'm aiming for and the exam is a week tomorrow and I seriously just want to cry because I'm not prepared :no::shy2::shy2::sick:
Original post by edkenny

From what I have seen, I predict that the 15 markers will be:

Epistemology: Direct Realism / Indirect Realism / Idealism (They asked only one question from perception last year).
Philosophy of Religion: Ontological / Is the concept of God coherent / Religious Language meaningful (less likely to be existence of God due to last year's paper).

Please do NOT take my predictions seriously. This is just what I am guessing from what I have seen of papers, etc.
That's really amazing:o:o:redface:... 90+ is what I'm aiming for and the exam is a week tomorrow and I seriously just want to cry because I'm not prepared :no::shy2::shy2::sick:

Thank you and good luck! Don't worry, last year I thought I knew nothing before the exam. I am sure you will do amazing. Are you hoping to continue with it next year?
Thank you and good luck! Don't worry, last year I thought I knew nothing before the exam. I am sure you will do amazing. Are you hoping to continue with it next year?

Yeah I am:smile: I do really enjoy learning philosophy I'm just so overwhelmed with the sheer amount of content you need to know for the exam :frown:
Yeah I am:smile: I do really enjoy learning philosophy I'm just so overwhelmed with the sheer amount of content you need to know for the exam :frown:

There is a lot of content! Much less than for history though: now THAT is a nightmare.
There is a lot of content! Much less than for history though: now THAT is a nightmare.

Ah I'm grateful that I don't do both then :s-smilie: just wondering though, how did you find it best to revise philosophy? (With all the many different arguments and premises etc)
Ah I'm grateful that I don't do both then :s-smilie: just wondering though, how did you find it best to revise philosophy? (With all the many different arguments and premises etc)

I find reading the texts on the anthology is the best way to make sure that you know the arguments inside and out. The textbook summaries aren't really an adequate substitute. Other than that, whatever works for you!
I find reading the texts on the anthology is the best way to make sure that you know the arguments inside and out. The textbook summaries aren't really an adequate substitute. Other than that, whatever works for you!

Any advice on cramming? :P
Any advice on cramming? :P

Haha I don't know. I guess read over your notes, that's what I do. Sorry not to be more help. I'm sure you will be fine.
Reply 38
I literally can't get past a D, revising isn't working I don't really know what to do. How do you revise this subject? You can't be brief about anything so revision notes/flashcards/mindmaps aren't helpful
Original post by brobs123
I literally can't get past a D, revising isn't working I don't really know what to do. How do you revise this subject? You can't be brief about anything so revision notes/flashcards/mindmaps aren't helpful

I know what you mean, you really need to know everything to do well... :s-smilie: I have found however that flashcards are good for me if you basically make a tonne so that you include all the specifics and details that you need to know. Flashcards are good because they're small bits of important information that you can test yourself on quickly, so you basically learn all the wording you need. HOWEVER, actually making all these flashcards is what is getting me down because it takes quite a while and the exam is literally in a week:frown:
If it's really last minute then I suggest just sitting down and learning all the premises and conclusion arguments that you need. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest