The Student Room Group

Can't decide what car to get skyline/porsche/audi/bmw?

Right, I'm looking to buy a car. The best cars I have found in my budget are -

Nissan Skyline R34 GTT with GTR bodykit nissan-skyline-r34-S2350258-1.jpg
Audi A5 2.0 TFSI sline
Attachment not found

BMW 325i M sport ucles sending.jpg
Porsche Cayman 2.7
Attachment not found

pros and cons

skyline is fast and cool but older and worse interior
porsche looks like its worth a lot more than it is, but only has 2 seats. also If anything goes wrong it will cost 1000's
Bmw and audi, as jeremy clarkson said are cocks cars but would be the cheaper ones to run

what do you think? And what would impress girls the most?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

skyline = chav / I watch too much Fast & Furious
porshce = I want a Ferrari but they're too much
bmw = My parents bought me this / I picked this up from an old man

audi (especially in white) = I'm a hip, young, wealthy professional and I'm a greatguy

Go Audi
Reply 2
Skyline looks nice
Reply 3
Original post by shane-draper

Audi A5 2.0 TFSI sline
Attachment not found

Porsche Cayman 2.7
Attachment not found

pros and cons

porsche looks like its worth a lot more than it is, but only has 2 seats.
Bmw and audi, as jeremy clarkson said are cocks cars but would be the cheaper ones to run

Porsche all the way!

Audi A5 2.0 TFSI sline
Attachment not found

Porsche Cayman 2.7
Attachment not found

pros and cons

porsche looks like its worth a lot more than it is, but only has 2 seats.

What's your Budget? If you want a car that attracts the girls i'd HIGHLY recommend a 2002 Nissan Micra
Reply 5
Coming from a female....id prefer a man who drives a fiat Diablo maybe. A small yet practical van. This allows me to use his van as potential storage space and also fit friends in. Anyone who drives these cars you've listed do Infact have small penises (this has been scientifically proven) so if avoid the purchase if it's vagina you are after. Youl have some money left over when you've bought your van so maybe you could go buy yourself some sort of ego suppressant (sold in most Holland and Barrets) this will also allow you to not look like a nutsac to the ladies when driving around in your fiat Diablo. Good luck with your future conquests

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niftyhitman
What's your Budget? If you want a car that attracts the girls i'd HIGHLY recommend a 2002 Nissan Micra

about 10k could push to 12k, this is the same sort of price as a new corsa/fiesta so its a no brainer to go with an older better car than a new one
Reply 7

Audi A5 2.0 TFSI sline
Attachment not found

Porsche Cayman 2.7
Attachment not found

pros and cons

porsche looks like its worth a lot more than it is, but only has 2 seats. also If anything goes wrong it will cost 1000's

what is the insurance for each?
Original post by niftyhitman

Killed me. :biggrin:
Original post by M14B
what is the insurance for each?

the porsche, audi and bmw are 550-700 and I'm still waiting for a quote back for the skyline
Out of those, Skyline.

A Cayman just shouts "I can't afford a proper Porsche".
Reply 11
the porsche, audi and bmw are 550-700 and I'm still waiting for a quote back for the skyline

In your own name?
Do you live in the Sahara dessert?
about 10k could push to 12k, this is the same sort of price as a new corsa/fiesta so its a no brainer to go with an older better car than a new one

I'm not sure if you're into Muscle Cars but have a look at Mustangs at AutoTrader you can get some great looking ones that arent that old.

Nevermind,last time I went on autotrader was ages ago and just went there now and saw the cars left that are in your budget are crap.
I'd definitely go for the Audi, the Porsche doesn't hold many people and BMW's are commonly referenced as douchebags cars. Also with the BMW you can encounter a lot of technical problems(my dads a mechanic and hates working on BMW's) The Audi is practical and serious. Not the mention the nice interior. Makes you look mature so unfortunately you won't get girls only ladies.I mean how many times have you seen Audis in action movies? All the time right?
(edited 7 years ago)
audi is the clear winner here.
Original post by M14B
In your own name?
Do you live in the Sahara dessert?

no, I live near milton keynes but I have 4 years no claims and I am 23
Reply 15
no, I live near milton keynes but I have 4 years no claims and I am 23

Still these are low.
Maybe I need to move to Milton Keynes.
:biggrin:
Porsche, lmao.
Id say BMW - practical, cheaper repairs than the others and given its the under stressed 3.0 petrol engine (very good engine so long as serviced properly) it'll last a good while.

The Audi is very good, but the 2.0tfsi has a reputation for going through oil like its petrol so could easily be a money pit.

I like the Cayman (definitely a step up from the Boxster in my opinion) but it'll be somewhat impractical on all but the nicest days when you can take it out and hoon around the B roads!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say the Audi... its' the newst of the bunch and still looks modern umlike the other models you've shown which do look a bit tired, if I may say so.
Reply 19
Nah, no Mercedes on the list...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending