The Student Room Group

Using AS Further Maths modules as a backup for A2

Hi

So I am doing mathematics at A2 (AQA) with the modules C3, C4 and M2, however I did AS Further Maths, in which I did Further Pure 4 (E), Decision 1 (B) and Statistics 1 (A), getting a C overall, which I subsequently dropped.

The point of this question is, if I were to stumble during the M2 paper and get less than an A, would it be possible for my Statistics 1 module to be moved over from my AS further maths to contribute to Maths, considering that my AS further maths grade has little value to me.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Mattari
Hi

So I am doing mathematics at A2 (AQA) with the modules C3, C4 and M2, however I did AS Further Maths, in which I did Further Pure 4 (E), Decision 1 (B) and Statistics 1 (A), getting a C overall, which I subsequently dropped.

The point of this question is, if I were to stumble during the M2 paper and get less than an A, would it be possible for my Statistics 1 module to be moved over from my AS further maths to contribute to Maths, considering that my AS further maths grade has little value to me.

AFAIK, they prioritise your modules by maximising your maths grade before your further maths grade, so your maths grade would automatically be comprised of the optimal set of modules to maximise your maths grade.
Original post by Mattari
Hi

It works provided that your school recashes in your AS FM to "unlock" S1 from that qualification.
Reply 3
Okay, thank you both :smile:

/thread

Quick Reply

Latest