The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Student Accommodation 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by madyabby
I was offered a place for a single in Deaconess, my first choice!!! Yeah!

Nice one! That was quick, glad you got first choice! I've applied there as well, so will wait and see. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Congratz! That IS quick! May I ask when you applied and if they notify you with an email when the decision is made?

That's wonderful! And ditto to others - when did you apply? And what country are you from? (Feel free not to respond)

That's my first choice too and I just know I should have applied sooner.
Original post by sjohnson98
That's wonderful! And ditto to others - when did you apply? And what country are you from? (Feel free not to respond)

I'm pretty sure it's not first come first serve, but good luck!
Original post by erinaceous
I'm pretty sure it's not first come first serve, but good luck!

From what I've been told, it's done in stages.

It's not first come, first serve, don't worry! I only applied April 18th! I'm from the US and my offer was unconditional. I know people with conditional offers will hear back later.
Original post by Gilthoniel
Congratz! That IS quick! May I ask when you applied and if they notify you with an email when the decision is made?

I applied April 18th. I got an email this morning that told me I had an offer so I checked the website and that's where I found out which one I was in!
It's not first come, first serve, don't worry! I only applied April 18th! I'm from the US and my offer was unconditional. I know people with conditional offers will hear back later.

I guess it really isn't, since I'm also from the US with an unconditional but I applied April 15th. That's making me both more anxious and more relaxed. I didn't realize people would hear so soon, but I'm so glad I didn't apply late!
I guess it really isn't, since I'm also from the US with an unconditional but I applied April 15th. That's making me both more anxious and more relaxed. I didn't realize people would hear so soon, but I'm so glad I didn't apply late!

Hopefully you hear back this week? I don't really know what they're process is. I guess it's truly random? I did advanced entry into 2nd year so I don't know if that made a difference?
Hopefully you hear back this week? I don't really know what they're process is. I guess it's truly random? I did advanced entry into 2nd year so I don't know if that made a difference?

We'll find out! It's great that you know though, and that you got Deaconess.
hey :smile: i wanted to ask if there's anyone who can give some advice on postgraduate accommodation? the university's accommodation services' facebook page was filled with horror stories from pg students, and i want to evaluate all of my options.

i have chosen holyrood north - holyrood residence - morgan court and richmond place, but given my offer is still conditional (i haven't graduated yet) i have to wait until june anyway.
That's my choices made. Top choice is Portsburgh Court. Anybody got any experience with it? How is it?
Reply 112
just heard back, got sugarhouse close which was my first choice. so happy!!!
Reply 113
Original post by ILS_13
just heard back, got sugarhouse close which was my first choice. so happy!!!

Congratulations, when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 114
Original post by JP298
Congratulations, when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

end of march, immediately when it opened up for me. Is it your first choice to?They completely messed mine up and gave me pollock halls even though i asked for self catered so i phoned them and they gave me a place at sugerhouse almost immediately so idk if thats got something to do with it. good luck!
Reply 115
Original post by ILS_13
end of march, immediately when it opened up for me. Is it your first choice to?They completely messed mine up and gave me pollock halls even though i asked for self catered so i phoned them and they gave me a place at sugerhouse almost immediately so idk if thats got something to do with it. good luck!

Yes, I was one of the first to apply on the forum. Did they email you the offer? Again, congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by JP298
Yes, I was one of the first to apply on the forum. Did they email you the offer? Again, congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, got an email at midday saying I had an offer then had to go to my accommodation services and then the accept offer tab. Thank you!
Reply 117
Original post by ILS_13
Yea, got an email at midday saying I had an offer then had to go to my accommodation services and then the accept offer tab. Thank you!

I got an email about 30 mins ago saying i had an offer. I went through the stages it told me,i clicked 'launch services' which went to the student accommodation hub but didn't have any mention of an offer. It's the same page that i came to when i finish choosing my accommodation preferences. Any help?
Just got an email about an hour ago from accommodations! Got a single room at Holyrood North. Anyone else comin?
Reply 119
Original post by Gilthoniel
Just got an email about an hour ago from accommodations! Got a single room at Holyrood North. Anyone else comin?

Did you click on View Application or Accept Contract? Those are the only options i have!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending