The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU Nursing/Children's Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi! I'm also starting in September. Do you know exactly when is the start date?
London
Original post by Sarah Green
Very exciting :-)
Have you received any paperwork to complete? I haven't seen anything yet

No I haven't yet.... But I did speak to admission team! I was told that I will be emailed all necessary information shortly before the official enrolment/open day! We will be given three dates to choose from; two at the very beginning of July and the third towards the end of the month! :wink: so I suppose we just need to wait now! X
Has anyone applied for the bursary yet? X
Original post by Ivy16
Hi! I'm also starting in September. Do you know exactly when is the start date?

I was told that they don't tell you the exact start date until some time in August. I want to start planning and getting excited
Original post by paula_zawa
No I haven't yet.... But I did speak to admission team! I was told that I will be emailed all necessary information shortly before the official enrolment/open day! We will be given three dates to choose from; two at the very beginning of July and the third towards the end of the month! :wink: so I suppose we just need to wait now! X

It's all very confusing, they implied that the official enrolment day isn't until September, but we have to have an earlier date as we need to be DBS checked etc. I thought that I would have been sent all the application forms really early on, maybe I'm just too keen lol
July suits me, I finish my job in June
Original post by paula_zawa
Has anyone applied for the bursary yet? X

Good point. Do we need student ID numbers?
I'm starting too. :smile: love to get to know people xx
I'm starting too would love to get to know people xx
I was told that they don't tell you the exact start date until some time in August. I want to start planning and getting excited

We start 19th of September xx
Original post by gemmababi
We start 19th of September xx

Thanks. It seems ages away, but I know that it will come around quickly
Hey, I have an interview for Children's Nursing on the 15th of June, I was just wondering if anyone could give me tips on what it'll be like, I'm quite nervous! :smile:
Original post by tweediepie
Hey, I have an interview for Children's Nursing on the 15th of June, I was just wondering if anyone could give me tips on what it'll be like, I'm quite nervous! :smile:

Don't worry, they are used to nervous candidates, we all are. The key thing that you need to prepare is why you want to be a child nurse. Apart from that they just test you on your application of common sense and moral viewpoint to real life situations. If nursing is the right career for you then you'll be absolutely fine, nothing to worry about
Don't worry, they are used to nervous candidates, we all are. The key thing that you need to prepare is why you want to be a child nurse. Apart from that they just test you on your application of common sense and moral viewpoint to real life situations. If nursing is the right career for you then you'll be absolutely fine, nothing to worry about

Thank you! I really hope it goes ok!
Original post by Itsaimsyh
Hi!
I have a conditional offer for lsbu child nursing in September and I'm so nervous to start! I'm moving from Liverpool to London does anyone have any tips on getting to know the areas?

Hi this is the same as me, except i'm moving from Belfast! I have no idea what to do about accommodation!
Original post by tweediepie
Hi this is the same as me, except i'm moving from Belfast! I have no idea what to do about accommodation!

Congratulations on getting the offer.
I assume that you are going to stay in student halls? Give the university a ring as I know that they have one halls that is specifically for nursing students
[QUOTE=Sarah Green;65938928]Congratulations on getting the offer.
I assume that you are going to stay in student halls? Give the university a ring as I know that they have one halls that is specifically for nursing students

Yeah I was planning to stay in halls!! Ohh I didn't know that! I'll give them a ring today! Thanks!
David Bomberg house and Dante road are the halls that nursing students tend to stay in as they offer longer accomodation contracts.
I've put David Bomberg house as my first choice for accommodation! anyone else??
Reply 38
Hi,

Are you all gonna come to the head start day on Friday or Monday?
Original post by Ivy16
Hi,

Are you all gonna come to the head start day on Friday or Monday?

I'm not able to go, would you let me know what happens/what it's like please?? :biggrin: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending