The Student Room Group

I thought black people couldn't be racist

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omen96
It's impossible for black people to be racist

Because "racism = power + privilege", right? Utter nonsense.

That's known as institutionalised racism; not all racism is institutionalised, and not all institutionalised racism is in favour of whites:

h.PNG

f.PNG

[video="youtube;yE-C6tD-yYA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-C6tD-yYA[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by rotomhead25

That's known as institutionalised racism; not all racism is institutionalised, and not all institutionalised racism is in favour of whites:

h.PNG

f.PNG

[video="youtube;yE-C6tD-yYA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-C6tD-yYA[/video]

Black people cant be racist, end of discussion

Racism is power + privilege.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Reply 64
A Boer in South Africa has the privilege of being savagely beaten and/ or killed or if they are 'lucky' just raped and infected with AIDS while being told by their own government its payback for what their ancestors did. Some privilege that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Loads of racist white people too, you wont have to look far on TSR to find one
It's really funny how if this same thing happened in reverse everyone would be like 'yeah whatever, get over it. There's nothing racist about that. Get out of your bubble'

Why is racism only abhorrent when it's a black person doing it?
Original post by slaven
Racism=prejudice+strucural power.

therefore blacks cannot be racist only prejudice because they have no power.

I think what you're talking about there is institutional racism. I agree that it would be difficult for black people as a group of people to be racist en masse, but I'm sure there are still many individual blacks who are racist. In my opinion, a person who holds prejudices about and generalises about a race is racist, no matter the colour of their skin or of the race they generalise about.
Reply 68
Original post by Good bloke
Before you have to go again, I'll just point out that you seem to have forgotten that most of the black people who were shipped across the Atlantic as slaves were first enslaved by other black people, and then shipped overseas by the white traders they sold them to.

Not quite. Some did.

They were enticed by the glass beads and trinkets which the white men offered them in return for selling their own kind.

Lil' bit of sorcery from the white blokes there and greed from the poor Negroids.
Original post by Omen96
Black people can't be racist, end of discussion

Whatever - a person who doesn't back up their own arguments isn't worth my time
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by StrawbAri
It's really funny how if this same thing happened in reverse everyone would be like 'yeah whatever, get over it. There's nothing racist about that. Get out of your bubble'

How are you so sure that we'd react like that? I'm not saying that racism against blacks doesn't matter (it's awful and absolutely does). I'm pointing out the rampant hypocrisy of the OP and how damaging it is in turning a blind eye to racism.

Anyone can be racist to anyone and racism is awful no matter who it's directed at.
Reply 71
Whatever - a person who doesn't back up their own arguments isn't worth my time

You are probably a racist who supports the likes of the KKK the way you have demonised black people on this thread
Reply 72
I think I should point out that my original post was what some people say when this stuff happens not my actual opinion.
Reply 73

Don't listen to Rotomhead25. He is a racist bigot. He claims black people can be racist, just ignore him. The fact is white people are the racist ones
Reply 74
Power + Privilige = Racism, right up with there E = mc2.
Reply 75

No they wouldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you so sure that we'd react like that? I'm not saying that racism against blacks doesn't matter (it's awful and absolutely does). I'm pointing out the rampant hypocrisy of the OP and how damaging it is in turning a blind eye to racism.

Anyone can be racist to anyone and racism is awful no matter who it's directed at.

Because when the story of the racist Warwick banana came out that's exactly how a lot of people reacted. There were people trying to brush it under the carpet.

I'm very much aware of the second bit.
I'm just irritated that some people are very desperate to jump aboard the 'boohoo I'm oppressed' train that they claim to despise so much.

Original post by RobML
No they wouldn't.Posted from TSR Mobile

Refer to above
(edited 7 years ago)
As a black person yes we can be racist. No one is exempt. I've had enough of some people saying oh black people cannot be racist because they're oppressed blah blah blah.
I think people need to look up the definition of racism. You don't need power or privilege to be racist. Where are people getting their information from?
Original post by CheekyYear11

Don't tell me the dictionary definition of racism is correct, I'll actually laugh into orbit.

okay bruv

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending