The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Original post by Bejj
Offer for Cardiac and Vascular science, how did this happen?!

Congrats! Where did you get? And which are you going to choose?
Does anyone know how much notice to leave you have to give for NHS employees?
4 weeks rings a bell but I'm not sure.
Guessing it will be a little while until they collect references also?
Reply 1822
Original post by c.eemia
Who's been offered a place for clinical engineering?

I have, Nottingham University Hospital.
Original post by Ehter
I have, Nottingham University Hospital.

I'm probably going to be at Nottingham too :smile: but doing clinical bioinformatics (physical)
Reply 1824
Original post by DuckyMinotaur
I'm probably going to be at Nottingham too :smile: but doing clinical bioinformatics (physical)

Great! where do you live currently?
Original post by Ehter
Great! where do you live currently?

I live in Bradford so going to have to look at houses to rent over the summer, really looking forward to it :smile: you?
Reply 1826
Original post by DuckyMinotaur
I live in Bradford so going to have to look at houses to rent over the summer, really looking forward to it :smile: you?

I am looking forward to it too. I live in London and also looking to rent a room for Monday-Friday after Jan. I was in a dilemma! reject or accept the offer as moving to Nottingham is difficult for me (family-related) ! but I made up my mind now!
Original post by Ehter
I am looking forward to it too. I live in London and also looking to rent a room for Monday-Friday after Jan. I was in a dilemma! reject or accept the offer as moving to Nottingham is difficult for me (family-related) ! but I made up my mind now!

I'm still at University so I wasn't really bothered where I ended up :smile: it's a nicer city than where I live now so I'm happy with it :smile:
Hey guys offers ranks have been released on oriel. I'm way down the list so no hope of an offer for me :frown:
Reply 1829
Original post by and-94
Congrats on your offer! I've accepted for Genomics at Oxford, think there will be a few of us there- maybe enough for a house share?

Congrats to you as well :smile: ... sounds good i'll private message you.
Reply 1830
Original post by welly909
Anyone at Cambridge University Hospital??

I'm in-service (so I'm already based in Cambridge), so I guess will be doing rotations at Addenbrooke's! Where are you moving from?
Any idea what the scores are out of? :P
Original post by pianofluteftw
Any idea what the scores are out of? :P

I've scored 37 in the interview and way down ( bottom) of the list for med phs! Gosh this is stiff competition. Last year a person who scored 35 was ranked 52. Well it's game over now time to move on. Good luck to everyone with offers truly well deserved!
Original post by sharpsri
I've scored 37 in the interview and way down ( bottom) of the list for med phs! Gosh this is stiff competition. Last year a person who scored 35 was ranked 52. Well it's game over now time to move on. Good luck to everyone with offers truly well deserved!

I got the same score too
Just so people can get some scale, I got 50 on shortlist, 46 on interview and 14 on rank for Medical Physics - looks like it really was tough competition if there's only 9 points between first choice offers and reserve. To anyone that didn't get it don't give up though, I know a few people that got it second time round :smile:
Reply 1836
Original post by welly909
Anyone at Cambridge University Hospital??

Yep, I am for Cardiac :smile:
Original post by pianofluteftw
Just so people can get some scale, I got 50 on shortlist, 46 on interview and 14 on rank for Medical Physics - looks like it really was tough competition if there's only 9 points between first choice offers and reserve. To anyone that didn't get it don't give up though, I know a few people that got it second time round :smile:

That interview score is amazing, I mean you must literally have not set one foot wrong in the interview.
also to give some people who want to reapply again next year a bit of an idea:

for biochem i scored 57 shortlist, 49 on interview and rank 1. (and i felt like the interview didn't go anywhere near that good! so i guess how you feel about it on the day doesn't mean much!)
Original post by Superhellie
also to give some people who want to reapply again next year a bit of an idea:

for biochem i scored 57 shortlist, 49 on interview and rank 1. (and i felt like the interview didn't go anywhere near that good! so i guess how you feel about it on the day doesn't mean much!)

49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean there is literally no way I could get that score. I honestly don't see how anyone could without having all the questions beforehand (I'm honestly not saying that you did I just know that is the only way I could ever come close to that).

I'll probably put an application in again next year unless I find something better in the mean time (unlikely, my life is definitely heading down the sh**ter). But if I do about the same again I'll probably give up, I think some people are just MUCH better at answering interview questions than me.

Quick Reply

Latest