The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BT Sport is to show the Champions League final and Europa League final free-to-air in the wake of criticism for low viewing figures for their European coverage.

The games will be available on Freeview channel 59, on BT.com, on BTSport.com or via the BT Sport YouTube channel (youtube.com/btsportofficial).

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/may/12/bt-sport-champions-league-final-free-to-air-europa
Original post by Zerforax
BT Sport is to show the Champions League final and Europa League final free-to-air in the wake of criticism for low viewing figures for their European coverage.

The games will be available on Freeview channel 59, on BT.com, on BTSport.com or via the BT Sport YouTube channel (youtube.com/btsportofficial).

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/may/12/bt-sport-champions-league-final-free-to-air-europa

It was awful marketing. Just stuck the free football on a random channel in the dead section of Freeview, with a generic title that didn't suggest it was showing a match at the time, just 'This is BT Showcase' which makes it look like the channel was off-air and not showing anything. Never even sent an email to BT customers about it, let alone told anyone else. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Awesome!!

I don't have BT Sport and I wasn't looking forward to having to stream a match as important as a EL final, so this is great news :biggrin:
Wonder who will replace Martinez at Everton. Besides that I wonder what their objective will be for next season?

and Arsenal, United, City, Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, Chelsea are already 9 teams :eek:

Competition will be intense!
Original post by TaintedLight
Wonder who will replace Martinez at Everton. Besides that I wonder what their objective will be for next season?

and Arsenal, United, City, Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, Chelsea are already 9 teams :eek:

Competition will be intense!

Frank De Boer has thrown his hat into the ring. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers linked with them too.

Tbh I think every team will think they now have a shot at the title considering how far Leicester went from being almost relegated to champions in a season.
Apparently we want Gotze for £20 million! Would be a fantastic signing if it happens. :biggrin:
Original post by The.Joker
Apparently we want Gotze for £20 million! Would be a fantastic signing if it happens. :biggrin:

We've wanted Götze all season apparently :tongue:

I don't doubt we have our eye on him and we could likely get him for a cut price (£20m sounds about right), however I'm sure other teams would be snooping around.

We have the Klopp factor on our side - if we win the EL too, I'd feel very optimistic about our chances.

Considering Bayern bought Renato Sanches and Gotze was already struggling to get game time, you could see them selling.

Think they would've put it on anyway. But yeah terrible choices on showcase.
Original post by Lúcio
We've wanted Götze all season apparently :tongue:

I don't doubt we have our eye on him and we could likely get him for a cut price (£20m sounds about right), however I'm sure other teams would be snooping around.

We have the Klopp factor on our side - if we win the EL too, I'd feel very optimistic about our chances.

Considering Bayern bought Renato Sanches and Gotze was already struggling to get game time, you could see them selling.

Yeah at least at Liverpool he knows he can become one of our star players and play regularly, the fans would idolise him here. If we win the EL next week then we'll have CL to offer Gotze, not to mention the special relationship he has with Klopp. I hope we wrap up the deal early too. Hopefully FSG back Klopp this summer and let him buy whoever he wants.
If we win the EL then Gotze is a done deal. Then there's nothing that we can't offer him that other clubs do. If we don't, then there will be the temptation of Juventus.
Hmm Coutinho getting best performance for his goal and assist in the 4-1 at City is just because of the goodwill towards him for being our post-Suarez star I guess.

Sakho against United both legs, Lovren at Dortmund, Milner at home to Dortmund, Can against Villareal were all better imo.
Reply 7352
Finally got round to watching Dan Gordon's Hillsborough documentary on BBC iPlayer. It does an absolutely comprehensive job of summarizing the breadth of the cover up, and the absolute uphill battle that has been the justice campaign.

I cannot comprehend the emotions that the families involved and survivors of the disaster have experienced; it really must have felt like it was them against the world. Hopefully prosecutions will follow and that **** Duckenfield will rot in hell.

I urge you to all to give it a watch.
Original post by Controlla
If we win the EL then Gotze is a done deal. Then there's nothing that we can't offer him that other clubs do. If we don't, then there will be the temptation of Juventus.

I guess some other clubs will argue that they can give more opportunities to win trophies but after his experience at Bayern of being on the bench he might just want to go somewhere that he can be the star player.

My only issue with Gotze is fitting him into our squad. No doubt he's an improvement and for £20mil he would be a steal imo but then we have Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Milner without looking at someone like Markovic and any other wingers we buy. Do you have to sell one of them to make space for Gotze? Before I would've said Lallana but he's actually thrived under Klopp so far this season.
Yh Klopp likes Lallana, so it's really hard to see who gets offloaded if we were to get Gotze. Lallana may be temped to go back to working for Pochettino though if those rumors are true.
The Liverpool manager, a long-time admirer of Bayern’s fitness work, has already tempted Andreas Kornmayer to leave his position as fitness coach at the Allianz Arena for Anfield this summer. To the annoyance of Carlo Ancelotti, who is to replace the Manchester City-bound Pep Guardiola, Bayern’s nutritionist Mona Nemmer has also accepted Klopp’s invitation to be part of a new-look conditioning team at Anfield next season.

Nemmer is regarded as one of the leading nutritionists in elite sport and joined Bayern in 2013 after five years with the German football association, where she also worked with the senior national team. She is expected to join up with Liverpool in pre-season when the players will face a demanding training schedule in Klopp’s first summer in charge.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/liverpool-bayern-munich-backroom-staff-mona-nemmer

Good to see Klopp sorting out the backroom staff before the summer.
The Liverpool manager, a long-time admirer of Bayern’s fitness work, has already tempted Andreas Kornmayer to leave his position as fitness coach at the Allianz Arena for Anfield this summer. To the annoyance of Carlo Ancelotti, who is to replace the Manchester City-bound Pep Guardiola, Bayern’s nutritionist Mona Nemmer has also accepted Klopp’s invitation to be part of a new-look conditioning team at Anfield next season.

Nemmer is regarded as one of the leading nutritionists in elite sport and joined Bayern in 2013 after five years with the German football association, where she also worked with the senior national team. She is expected to join up with Liverpool in pre-season when the players will face a demanding training schedule in Klopp’s first summer in charge.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/liverpool-bayern-munich-backroom-staff-mona-nemmer

Good to see Klopp sorting out the backroom staff before the summer.

Have you seen his preseason training plans? It's pretty intense with 7am starts, hopefully it'll mean we fly out the blocks when the season starts. I'm actually looking forward to watching the preseason games. :lol:
Have you seen his preseason training plans? It's pretty intense with 7am starts, hopefully it'll mean we fly out the blocks when the season starts. I'm actually looking forward to watching the preseason games. :lol:

I imagine every hamstring will snap during pre-season.. :colondollar:
I imagine every hamstring will snap during pre-season.. :colondollar:

Sturridge after he looks the preseason program.

Original post by samir12
Sturridge after he looks the preseason program.

He's done well since he's come back and hasn't had any injuries for like over 2 months now?

Big test will be surviving the Euros and pre-season..

Latest