The Student Room Group

is it okay for a boy to use self defence during a conflict with a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I have no idea what your talking about anymore, it didn't make sense.

Yes tumblr feminists, Laci green feminists. -_-

But if you ask a normal moderate feminist anything, I severely doubt she is an idiot. :-)

It's not just those two internet-confined groups.
There are so many more, to the point that seeing a rational feminist is very rare.
Reply 61
This is why I'd step in and slap the girl myself, even though i think it's fully justified for him to slap her. For some reason, no matter the situation the man will always be in the wrong if he raises his hand on a woman. It doesn't matter if it's self defence and it doesn't matter if the woman is actually the bigger and stronger one, people will always defend the woman. If you slap someone, be ready to be slapped back. And because a man might get criticism, I'll happily do it for him even though I shouldn't have to.

But yeah, the whole "don't hit a woman" thing really needs to be forgotten, instead let's teach not to use violence at all.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
But being violent back doesn't really demonstrate "equal rights", it just means that you're violent...

As Zarga is saying, it's a social taboo instilled into young boys that it's forbidden to hit girls. We see women hit men all the time in media and its used as entertainment. This is because it is assumed women can't do as much damage as men which is far from the truth.

In response, you get men that spout bs like 'Act like a man, get treated like a man'. And they proceed to bang on about equal rights and how its only in favour of women. This is what I meant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks

If you have time please watch. It's from What would you do, a great program!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Omen96
Yes. I recently saw some left winger females at a trump rally spit on trump voters, if a girl spat at me like that I would pull a knife out and stab her in the back of the skull, it's my right

Seek help.

Of the psychiatric kind.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
There is a distinction between self-defence and retaliation.

You're allowed to use force to protect yourself, but not because they did it first and you want to get back at them. If they're not going to hit you again, you can't hit them just because they did it to you.

I'm not just spouting BS btw; this is the law.

How does one prove though they were not going to hit again?

I mean in this scenario, everyone saw them abusing him, then a slap comes. If he immediately slaps back he can so easily just say I was in danger, they didn't let off me, they were going to slap me again. How could you prove otherwise? Retaliation if you wait hours or a day find the guy then beat him, sure. But in an immediate situation how can you ever argue the person was retaliating rather than just using violence to counter act possible future acts of violence against him- or herself.
Original post by 0to100
Right you've obviously never been hit or you're very passive
Most street fights don't go to court, the fighters run off and rinse themselves in their sinks

Yes, I've never been in a street fight, like most women I know? :s

Well that's probably because the other person retaliated.

Have you been in a fight then sweet cheek?
Original post by Omen96
You need to calm down :smile:

I didn't mean the comment to make you crazy lol

If you are going to make an irrational, idiotic comment sweetheart, you're going to get pulled up on it by your superiors. No need to get defensive.
You should hit back, but only with a toothbrush (miswak)
Depends on how much of a threat she is to my health. I think in most scenarios i would humiliate and frustrate her by holding her hands and laughing in her face , swiping her legs from under her and telling her to stay on the ground where she belongs.

If she was some rabid arm flailing psycho i would send her to the ground. If she caught me or came back to try again i would deck her and she wouldn't be coming back
Original post by Zargabaath
That's called female privilege

If you had two children, a boy and a girl. I can guarantee that if you were a father, a boy hitting your daughter would upset you more than boy hitting your son.

If you disagree then come back in 10/15 years and tell me that.
I know a guy that let his girlfriend beat him up that bad he had to have surgery on his knee but then said he couldn't hit her back because she was a girl. If a girl can hit you, you're allowed to defend yourself. It doesn't matter if she was a girl, a boy or bigfoot, you have a right to defend yourself.
only if she has a d*ck
Original post by Twinpeaks
If you had two children, a boy and a girl. I can guarantee that if you were a father, a boy hitting your daughter would upset you more than boy hitting your son.

If you disagree then come back in 10/15 years and tell me that.

Of course it would, that's been ingrained in me since childhood hence the female privilege. It shouldn't be like that, my son shouldn't deserve any less sympathy because he has a randomly assigned y chromosome.
Reply 73
im a feminist and that girl deserved that slap!!!!!

its not like a slap is actually going to harm anyone its just annoying lol if it was a punch i'd feel a bit differently but its not because of gender its literallly just violence is stupid
Of course it would, that's been ingrained in me since childhood hence the female privilege. It shouldn't be like that, my son shouldn't deserve any less sympathy because he has a randomly assigned y chromosome.

If you think that the ingrained notion of female weakness and vulnerability is an example of female privilege, then you're just adding force to feminism. :redface:

... Although I will give my two cents. Women are mostly inferior to males in terms of physicality. Therefore I think it's perfectly reasonable to view a woman as physically weaker. Because most of us are. Therefore I think it's justified that the notion of hitting a women leads to a stronger reaction. We are smaller, and more vulnerable than you.

When it comes to mental inferiority, that's where the issue lies. Because women are not mentally weaker, or inferior to males. That's where sexism lies, to me. To me, it's not sexist to view hitting a woman as worse, because we are quite frankly physically useless compared to males.
If you think that the ingrained notion of female weakness and vulnerability is an example of female privilege, then you're just adding force to feminism. :redface:

... Although I will give my two cents. Women are mostly inferior to males in terms of physicality. Therefore I think it's perfectly reasonable to view a woman as physically weaker. Because most of us are. Therefore I think it's justified that the notion of hitting a women leads to a stronger reaction. We are smaller, and more vulnerable than you.

When it comes to mental inferiority, that's where the issue lies. Because women are not mentally weaker, or inferior to males. That's where sexism lies, to me. To me, it's not sexist to view hitting a woman as worse, because we are quite frankly physically useless compared to males.

It's not the ingrained notion of femalw weakness, it's the ingrained notion of male expendabity. It's been like this throughout history and we've never really had any form of movement to change it.
It's not the ingrained notion of femalw weakness, it's the ingrained notion of male expendabity. It's been like this throughout history and we've never really had any form of movement to change it.

So you don't think women are viewed as physically weaker? Are you serious mate :rofl:
So you don't think women are viewed as physically weaker? Are you serious mate :rofl:

A man fighting another man who is physically weaker than him wouldn't have the same emotional impact as a man fighting with a woman of equal strength.
Original post by Nadile
This is why I'd step in and slap the girl myself, even though i think it's fully justified for him to slap her. For some reason, no matter the situation the man will always be in the wrong if he raises his hand on a woman. It doesn't matter if it's self defence and it doesn't matter if the woman is actually the bigger and stronger one, people will always defend the woman. If you slap someone, be ready to be slapped back. And because a man might get criticism, I'll happily do it for him even though I shouldn't have to.

But yeah, the whole "don't hit a woman" thing really needs to be forgotten, instead let's teach not to use violence at all.

That would count as unaggravated assault and thus you would get in trouble for hitting someone who wasn't threatening you.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
A man fighting another man who is physically weaker than him wouldn't have the same emotional impact as a man fighting with a woman of equal strength.

If an average sized man was beating up a 5 foot 5 man weighing 7 and a half stone it most likely would.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending