Not yet haven't gotten any correspondence
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 41
Congrats though!
Reply 42
Dear All,

I received an email today stating that I have an invitation to selection on 09 June 2016.

I was wondering if anyone has already been to a similar selection day before and would not mind sharing their experience? what is to be expected? will there be any written tests that I should prepare for?

I have been out of education for almost a decade as I have been employed and am slightly nervous and wanted to know what I should brush up on?

Kind regards

Effkay
Reply 43
Hi Effkay,

Congrats on getting the interview! St Georges use Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs), so have a look online at possible scenarios. Here are some example MMI tasks taken from their website:

Pack a suitcase for a trip, where the case can only contain half of the items available
Travelling on the London Underground, one of your friends has become separated from the group it’s their first time in London describe your plan of action
You have a list of 15 individuals, giving their sex, age and occupation you can save five of them from nuclear attack which five and why?
As captain of a football team, inform a member of your team that they have not been selected to play in the final
Inform your neighbour that you have just (accidentally) run over and killed their cat.

And here is a link to some possible PA questions from a US site but applicable to the UK:

http://www.thepalife.com/the-top-46-physician-assistant-applicant-interview-questions/

Some unis doing the same course sometimes ask for a numeracy and literacy test. You might have to write a small essay.

Hope this helps.

Original post by effkay
Dear All,

I received an email today stating that I have an invitation to selection on 09 June 2016.

I was wondering if anyone has already been to a similar selection day before and would not mind sharing their experience? what is to be expected? will there be any written tests that I should prepare for?

I have been out of education for almost a decade as I have been employed and am slightly nervous and wanted to know what I should brush up on?

Kind regards

Effkay
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
I received an interview for the 2nd June. Are PA MMI similar to medicinal school MMI?
Reply 45
Congrats on getting the interview. I think they will ask something along the lines: why do you want to be a PA and not a doctor/nurse/advanced nurse practitioner? and also what you know about PAs in the UK and what challenges they face? What can PAs do? and other standard interview questions.

Original post by mind
I received an interview for the 2nd June. Are PA MMI similar to medicinal school MMI?
Reply 46
Original post by lana0311
Hi Effkay,

Congrats on getting the interview! St Georges use Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs), so have a look online at possible scenarios. Here are some example MMI tasks taken from their website:

Pack a suitcase for a trip, where the case can only contain half of the items available
Travelling on the London Underground, one of your friends has become separated from the group it’s their first time in London describe your plan of action
You have a list of 15 individuals, giving their sex, age and occupation you can save five of them from nuclear attack which five and why?
As captain of a football team, inform a member of your team that they have not been selected to play in the final
Inform your neighbour that you have just (accidentally) run over and killed their cat.

And here is a link to some possible PA questions from a US site but applicable to the UK:

http://www.thepalife.com/the-top-46-physician-assistant-applicant-interview-questions/

Some unis doing the same course sometimes ask for a numeracy and literacy test. You might have to write a small essay.

Hope this helps.

Dear Lana0311

Thank you very much indeed! Really helpful guidance for which I am truly grateful.

So, are you currently studying the physician associate studies are you already qualified?

kind regards

effkay
Reply 47
Congrats to everyone who have heard something back. I still have not heard anything yet regarding anything! Wonder what is going on?????
Reply 48
Congrats on getting the interview. I think they will ask something along the lines: why do you want to be a PA and not a doctor/nurse/advanced nurse practitioner? and also what you know about PAs in the UK and what challenges they face? What can PAs do? and other standard interview questions.

Thank you so much!
Reply 49
In case anyone else is waiting on a response I just called them they are still processing applications but people will be hearing back from them in the next week or so since the first interviews are June 2
Original post by mind

I will see you there ;0
Reply 51
Original post by chrispenguin
I will see you there ;0

awesome! do you know if there is a literacy or a maths station?
Does the uni notify you when they have received your references ?
Also has anyone had a interview yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Just got my invitation to an interview. Also got accepted into the Worcester program 😁
Reply 54
Congrats jpg30!! I also just got my email about the interview. When are you going?
Im so excited. :smile:

Original post by jpg30
Just got my invitation to an interview. Also got accepted into the Worcester program 😁
Reply 55
Congrats jpg30!! I also just got my email about the interview. When are you going?
Im so excited. :smile:

Thanks you too! Mine is July 7th! When's yours ?
Has anyone received an offer?
I received an offer :smile: so excited to do this course
Reply 58

Congrats on getting the offer. How long after the interview did you hear back?

Well done! As did I, can't wait :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending