The Student Room Group

Manchester police sorry for Allahu ackbar chants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KaminiZindagi
**** the police

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who are you going to call when your house gets broken into, or you get assaulted? Allah? :biggrin:
Original post by fr0sr_
Who are you going to call when your house gets broken into, or you get assaulted? Allah? :biggrin:

I am Ex Muslim, so no. But you are an idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile
All these white people always feeling victimized despite decades of slavery and white imperialism..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes because white people are the only people ever to have slaves and weren't the ones to outlaw it.

If you are so unhappy about slavery why don't you speak out about it happening today?
Original post by Multiculturalism
Good that they apologised

Did the IRA shout "allahu akbar" too?

Because so many of the latest terror attacks have come from the IRA. Are you always this much of an apologist?
**** the police

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine. But next time you or your family are in danger, call some thugs instead.

Original post by BaconandSauce
Sad to see muslims being more concerned about the use of 'allah ackbar' than ensuring their fellow citizens are safe and prepared for the next (we all know it's only a matter of time) islamic inspired atrocity on our streets

so very sad indeed

They're more concerned with playing the offence card and the "Not all Muslims" card rather than doing the right thing and addressing extremism properly.
I am Ex Muslim, so no. But you are an idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well then, why chat s**t and say "F**k the police" in response to this perfectly rational terrorism response test?

Hope you won't be a hypocrite and call the police, if you need any form of help, if you hate them so much.

Did the IRA shout "allahu akbar" too?

Please refresh my memory: how many suicide attacks have the IRA perpetrated?
Original post by Drewski
Nonsense. Threats have been made. These tactics have been used before. Not being prepared for such an eventuality is a far greater insult to the entire population.When ambulance and fire services practise responding to car accidents they don't offend everybody who's been involved in car accidents.When police practise riot control they don't offend everybody who's been involved in riots.When airport fire services practise responding to a crashed plane they don't offend anyone who's ever been in a plane crash.Not being trained and prepared for an attack of this style - which is just one of many scenarios they'll train for - is a far greater insult and something that would cause deep consternation among the public.

Primarily, when dealing with a terrorist attack, as civilians, we don't really care who the attacker is. It could be a religious extremist or an IRA drone or even a mentally insane individual. As long as we can learn to look after ourself, we have addressed some parts of the issues/problems.

What i claimed is staging this drill was in bad taste - which doesn't exactly mean such a drill shouldn't take place. There are lot of elements that could have been done away with to ensure a minimal public outcry. But because this ensued a public outcry an apology had to be issued.

And none of your examples hold water because it had nothing to do with an individuals' cultural attributions.

> When cops wants to stage a robbery with black people as perpetrators, everybody will be offended and apology will need to issued.

> When Scotland Yard simulates a bishop molesting little kids, everybody in the christian community will be offended and an apology will need to be issued.

> I hope you catch the drift.

Regardless, you failed to address the essence of my post - this drill further alienated communities. This imo is the greater "insult to the population".

Original post by Good bloke
What nonsense.

"I can nit pick and be ironic at the same time"
Original post by TaintedLight
Primarily, when dealing with a terrorist attack, as civilians, we don't really care who the attacker is. It could be a religious extremist or an IRA drone or even a mentally insane individual. As long as we can learn to look after ourself, we have addressed some parts of the issues/problems.

This is irrelevant. It wasn't for civilians, it was for the police. To them, the 'who' is conducting the attack is very important as that will affect how they deal with it. Every bit of information they are able to gather will guide them in the tactics they need to use.

This is how we look after ourselves, by learning how to face down the threats that have been made.

Regardless, you failed to address the essence of my post - this drill further alienated communities. This imo is the greater "insult to the population".

I really don't care if the terrorist community has been offended.

This exercise was designed to mimick a particular type of attack conducted by a particular demographic of attacker.

The other 2 elements of the exercise, conducted at other locations across Manchester and Merseyside, mimicked other types of attacks, including the typically Irish car bombs. Where's their outrage?

The people who say "this is picking on Islam" are only saying that because they're stupid enough to think this is the only exercise being conducted. I've no time for those people - they don't live in the real world.
Primarily, when dealing with a terrorist attack, as civilians, we don't really care who the attacker is.

You really aren't thinking this through, are you? Either than or you are being wilfully blind (which could explain why you chose your use name).

First of all, the exercise was not for the public: it was for the emergency services.

Secondly, the type of attack - learned, perhaps, only from fragments of information - determines the correct reaction, and which response plan to implement, possibly from among several possibilities.

Testing the services' ability to see the clues and decide that the attack came from a suicide bomber is just part of the scenario. We wouldn't want them to implement the plan meant for a sarin attack if there had been a suicide bombing, would we?
Please refresh my memory: how many suicide attacks have the IRA perpetrated?

Not all terrorist attacks are suicide attacks
Not all terrorist attacks are suicide attacks

No. Who said they were? This exercise, though, was concerned with suicide attacks, though. Obviously. Not generic terrorist attacks. Not sarin attacks. Not mass killing by gunmen. Suicide attacks.

Different plans can be expected to be put into action depending on the type of attack, and getting the right one into action depends on diagnosing what is going on.
Original post by Lord Samosa
It's bad enough us Muslims have to see terrorists use that phrase whilst they kill people, it's insulting. Why use it again in a mock drill? I'm sure that it isn't the most vital part of this drill.

Because a simulation is supposed to be as realistic as possible without any of the risks (or with reduced risks). If you start saying lets change a simulation to avoid offence then there are a ton of issues introduced. So words that associate with Muslims (or any group) are disallowed. Are actions as well given that suicide bombings are currently a tactic mostly used by Islamic terrorist, the connection is there she the police avoid simulating a suicide bombing for fear of offending Muslims.

Original post by ivybridge
Because it is unnecessary? They are directly associating muslims with terrorism and assuming that attacks will be orchestrated by a muslim. It has **** all to do with being PC and everything to do with being a ****.

And they damn well should have apologised. Disgraceful.

The training session was specifically for Islamic terrorism. So assumably it would be Muslims perpetrating it. I have never heard of a Christian Islamic terrorist before.
Original post by Drewski
This is irrelevant. It wasn't for civilians, it was for the police. To them, the 'who' is conducting the attack is very important as that will affect how they deal with it. Every bit of information they are able to gather will guide them in the tactics they need to use.

This is how we look after ourselves, by learning how to face down the threats that have been made

I really don't care if the terrorist community has been offended.

This exercise was designed to mimick a particular type of attack conducted by a particular demographic of attacker.

The other 2 elements of the exercise, conducted at other locations across Manchester and Merseyside, mimicked other types of attacks, including the typically Irish car bombs. Where's their outrage?

The people who say "this is picking on Islam" are only saying that because they're stupid enough to think this is the only exercise being conducted. I've no time for those people - they don't live in the real world.

> I would say if media was invited for such drill it is meant for the general public. Not exclusively for the police

> lol if you think whoever is offended is from the terrorist community.

> Did the irish car bombs scream "praise to the lord?" or "black lives matter"? or any chant resembling culture attributions? Did the bombs say it was made in Ireland?

> This drill had a rather unnecessary demeaning spotlight on Islam and incentivized the ignorant xenophobes to escalate their paranoia to another level. Damage is done. And if you think not, I'm afraid you are also not living in this "real world".

Also I don't understand why you don't have the capability to address my post as a whole? What is that you chose to ignore some aspects of my post (like those silly analogies you gave and by response to it)?

You really aren't thinking this through, are you?

"I can nit pick and be ironic at the same time"
> I would say if media was invited for such drill it is meant for the general public. Not exclusively for the police

They weren't. Does that video look professional to you? That's a random person with a phone.

> lol if you think whoever is offended is from the terrorist community.

Yes, that's the joke...

> Did the irish car bombs scream "praise to the lord?" or "black lives matter"? or any chant resembling culture attributions? Did the bombs say it was made in Ireland?

Sensibly, reporting from the other parts hasn't been made.

> This drill had a rather unnecessary demeaning spotlight on Islam and incentivized the ignorant xenophobes to escalate their paranoia to another level. Damage is done. And if you think not, I'm afraid you are also not living in this "real world".

This is where you lose the argument. It's not unnecessary. That's the whole point of the exercise. Threats have been made. These tactics have been used.

Would you prefer the emergency services to not know how to react?

Do we have your permission to blame you when police ignorance causes deaths?

You need to grow up.

[QUOTE]Also I don't understand why you don't have the capability to address my post as a whole? What is that you chose to ignore some aspects of my post (like those silly analogies you gave and by response to it)?

They were irrelevant to the point you were making, or duplicated the point. I chose to make the post as succinct as possible.
Original post by Drewski
They weren't. Does that video look professional to you? That's a random person with a phone.

Yes, that's the joke...

Sensibly, reporting from the other parts hasn't been made.

This is where you lose the argument. It's not unnecessary. That's the whole point of the exercise. Threats have been made. These tactics have been used.

Would you prefer the emergency services to not know how to react?

Do we have your permission to blame you when police ignorance causes deaths?

You need to grow up.

They were irrelevant to the point you were making, or duplicated the point. I chose to make the post as succinct as possible.

1) Not really certain about that. Guradian reported media organisations were present to witness the arrival of armed police or whatnot. I'll dig the link if you are unable to search for it yourself.

2) Don't joke.

3) I wonder why you cant connect the dots. Why didn't that car-bomb drill generate as much attention this one? Hint it may be something to do when cultural practices are conflated with the mock drill and whatnot.

4) Again I regurgitate, there is no difference between, say, a religious extremist or a gunman with mental-health-problems. If he has a gun he will use it to kill. The Islamic reference was in BAD TASTE. This drill could have been enacted without the emotional outcry had the authorities been efficient.

Yes, they can include the Islamic scriptures if they wanted but to do it in they they did was just poor organization from their part.

My next stage of growing up is to ditch this site altogether. And you don't need to worry about that.

5) You are just a nitpicker choosing what to comment on and disregard what you can't comment on. If that's what succinct mean to you then you are indeed succinct :biggrin:
1) Not really certain about that. Guradian reported media organisations were present to witness the arrival of armed police or whatnot. I'll dig the link if you are unable to search for it yourself.

2) Don't joke.

3) I wonder why you cant connect the dots. Why didn't that car-bomb drill generate as much attention this one? Hint it may be something to do when cultural practices are conflated with the mock drill and whatnot.

4) Again I regurgitate, there is no difference between, say, a religious extremist or a gunman with mental-health-problems. If he has a gun he will use it to kill. The Islamic reference was in BAD TASTE. This drill could have been enacted without the emotional outcry had the authorities been efficient.

Yes, they can include the Islamic scriptures if they wanted but to do it in they they did was just poor organization from their part.

My next stage of growing up is to ditch this site altogether. And you don't need to worry about that.

5) You are just a nitpicker choosing what to comment on and disregard what you can't comment on. If that's what succinct mean to you then you are indeed succinct :biggrin:

2. With people like you around, laughing is definitely the best course of action.

4. Again, wrong. A mentally ill person won't use set tactics, they'll just go for it. This exercise was designed to mimick a particular style of attack perpetrated exclusively by Islamic terrorists.

Having been on exercises where real life scenarios are being used, realism is key.
This exercise was realistic.

That's the only consideration that should ever be made.

I, and many others, couldn't give a toss whether you were offended because you simply don't understand and, more importantly, don't want to. You just like getting offended.
I can nit pick and be ironic at the same time

But can you answer the points made, or admit your argument was silly? Or can you only avoid the issue?
Original post by Drewski
2. With people like you around, laughing is definitely the best course of action.

4. Again, wrong. A mentally ill person won't use set tactics, they'll just go for it. This exercise was designed to mimick a particular style of attack perpetrated exclusively by Islamic terrorists.

Having been on exercises where real life scenarios are being used, realism is key.
This exercise was realistic.

That's the only consideration that should ever be made.

I, and many others, couldn't give a toss whether you were offended because you simply don't understand and, more importantly, don't want to. You just like getting offended.

1) ignoring cuz I don't know what to say!
2) laughing it off cuz I don't know what to say!
3) ignoring cuz I don't know what to say!

4) Read. This was staged in BAD TASTE. Are you admitting the media was invited to this or not?! The law and order in this country are not here to rile up emotional sentiments you know? They could have held this drill much more efficiently by not having the mass outcry. Obviously they couldn't pull it off so rightfully apologized.

Heh ignoring public's sentiments is what gives rise to civil unrest and riots. If you simply don't understand that well that really your problem lol.

But can you answer the points made, or admit your argument was silly? Or can you only avoid the issue?

Dude give it a rest whatever I'm saying above is probably relevant to you. Just sit back and stick to reading. Also next time don't nitpick my posts for your quoting purposes. Cheers.
1) ignoring cuz I don't know what to say!
2) laughing it off cuz I don't know what to say!
3) ignoring cuz I don't know what to say!

4) Read. This was staged in BAD TASTE. Are you admitting the media was invited to this or not?! The law and order in this country are not here to rile up emotional sentiments you know? They could have held this drill much more efficiently by not having the mass outcry. Obviously they couldn't pull it off so rightfully apologized.

Heh ignoring public's sentiments is what gives rise to civil unrest and riots. If you simply don't understand that well that really your problem lol.

Dude give it a rest whatever I'm saying above is probably relevant to you. Just sit back and stick to reading. Also next time don't nitpick my posts for your quoting purposes. Cheers.

Except, there wasn't a mass outcry. There was a few reports about the exercise. Then one or two professional offendees noted the shout and all the other reports were about those people getting offended, not actually being offended themselves. GMP only apologised to prevent a bigger kick off, I doubt anyone in the force actually felt like they should.

I don't believe for a second there was actually a massive motion against this.

Indeed, this thread has lasted far longer than any news coverage of it has. Maybe it's only "mass outcry" to juveniles who don't know better?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
Except, there wasn't a mass outcry. There was a few reports about the exercise. Then one or two professional offendees noted the shout and all the other reports were about those people getting offended, not actually being offended themselves. GMP only apologised to prevent a bigger kick off, I doubt anyone in the force actually felt like they should.

I don't believe for a second there was actually a massive motion against this.

Indeed, this thread has lasted far longer than any news coverage of it has. Maybe it's only "mass outcry" to juveniles who don't know better?

hahaa... so now we are into splitting hairs eh

for all intends and purposes, I typed "mass outcry" to mean generic people in real life, as well as in the internet, talking about this drill - esp that chant and how it was demeaning or whatever. Sorry if that confused you? =S

Anyways I'm done with you. You are all abt nit picking and dodging simple questions. Boo hoo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending