The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F585 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey, does anyone have predictions yet?? Like what your teachers are suggesting and stuff??

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's happening with the word doc people were making, is that not happening anymore or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, does anyone have the econplusdal resources for this year? deseperately in need of help!
(edited 7 years ago)
Can anyone help me to answer this question. My teacher says she thinks it will be the 20 marker

Reforms to the supply-side of the economy are seen by some as the key to promoting long run economic growth in Zambia. Discuss
Original post by juventina1897
Can anyone help me to answer this question. My teacher says she thinks it will be the 20 marker

Reforms to the supply-side of the economy are seen by some as the key to promoting long run economic growth in Zambia. Discuss

You could try watching this?
Thanks. It is very useful but im struggling to visualise what a complete answer should like or how to structure it.
Original post by juventina1897
Thanks. It is very useful but im struggling to visualise what a complete answer should like or how to structure it.

Structure it like he suggested. Then write a complete answer. I'm sure your teacher will check over it if she thinks that it will be the 20 marker.
Reply 147
L1: Definitions and aims of SS reforms

L2/3:

Explain why Access to Credit would help econ growth + AS/AD graph analysis

Why having Less Red Tape/Legislation in place would help MNCs to attract FDI to Zambia and what the result of having less Red Tape/Legislation would mean for econ. Growth in the long run

L4:
Why these reforms may not bring LR Economic growth (use deep and clear analysis to hit top of Band 4 backed with economic theory)

What other things would help bring LR Economic growth? Perhaps Zambia need to get out of the development trap and stop relying on Copper..

End it with a clear judgement
Original post by tinkerbella~
Structure it like he suggested. Then write a complete answer. I'm sure your teacher will check over it if she thinks that it will be the 20 marker.

Thank you:smile:
Original post by Pato1
L1: Definitions and aims of SS reforms

L2/3:

Explain why Access to Credit would help econ growth + AS/AD graph analysis

Why having Less Red Tape/Legislation in place would help MNCs to attract FDI to Zambia and what the result of having less Red Tape/Legislation would mean for econ. Growth in the long run

L4:
Why these reforms may not bring LR Economic growth (use deep and clear analysis to hit top of Band 4 backed with economic theory)

What other things would help bring LR Economic growth? Perhaps Zambia need to get out of the development trap and stop relying on Copper..

End it with a clear judgement

Thank you so much...(even if you appear to have AC Milan links :wink:... If anyone has written a model answer please could you share x
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you have any tips about questions relating to extract 3?
Reply 151
revise this ALL
Original post by Pato1
revise this ALL

I have the APT pack and the tutor2u one but i think thats why im getting confused as theres no model answers. By the looks of things, i probably shouldve brought the econplusdal pack:s-smilie:
I think remittances will come up for extract four 10 marks
Something like 'comment on the extent to which remittances benefit developing economies like zambia'

And for extract two something to do with 'why USA changes in exchange rate did not have expected effects' 10 marks

What do other people think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lostrider
I think remittances will come up for extract four 10 marks
Something like 'comment on the extent to which remittances benefit developing economies like zambia'

And for extract two something to do with 'why USA changes in exchange rate did not have expected effects' 10 marks

What do other people think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. Extract 4 is limited. Only possible thing they could ask is the question you mentioned or a similar one but comparison between ODA.

Extract 2 on the other hand is a little more challenging and unpredictable. But I'm hoping it's along the lines of what you mentions
Reply 155
Remittances are so easy, hopefully it comes up.
Original post by Asif_m96
I agree. Extract 4 is limited. Only possible thing they could ask is the question you mentioned or a similar one but comparison between ODA.

Extract 2 on the other hand is a little more challenging and unpredictable. But I'm hoping it's along the lines of what you mentions

Are you preparing exemplar answers for the questions you predict?
That's what I'm doing, hopefully it works out?

Ooh at least we know (pretty muh) what the 20 marker will be one (if this year follows all other years)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pato1
Remittances are so easy, hopefully it comes up.

Yes! Remittances are simple to get your head around, hopefully it is on that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lostrider
Yes! Remittances are simple to get your head around, hopefully it is on that

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure that my teacher said that remittances aren't in the specification so they can't ask us a question directly about it
They can ask you about ANYTHING that appears in the pre-release.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending