The Student Room Group

HIgher Music

Anyone sitting higher music on friday?
Original post by scottishholly98
Anyone sitting higher music on friday?
Me:smile: How are you feeling about it?
Original post by Labrador99
Me:smile: How are you feeling about it?

Not too confident really, I feel I've studied as much as I can but don't feel it's enough:frown:. How are you feeling about it?
I am, I'm feeling fine tbh, think i've already got about 55-58%
Original post by rachaelbtf
I am, I'm feeling fine tbh, think i've already got about 55-58%

Which instruments did you do?
Which instruments did you do?

xylo and dk
Not too confident really, I feel I've studied as much as I can but don't feel it's enough:frown:. How are you feeling about it?
I feel ok about it...I only started music in January though so I'm just worried that I'm not as familiar with the concepts as the other people in my class. I'm really bad with chords and usually I get an answer right through my strategy rather than actually being able to hear the concept(like I eliminate ones I know are wrong and if I don't hear any of the choices, I pick the one I'll probably miss). How did your practical go? What instruments did you do?
I feel ok about it...I only started music in January though so I'm just worried that I'm not as familiar with the concepts as the other people in my class. I'm really bad with chords and usually I get an answer right through my strategy rather than actually being able to hear the concept(like I eliminate ones I know are wrong and if I don't hear any of the choices, I pick the one I'll probably miss). How did your practical go? What instruments did you do?

Is it the dominant, diminished and the added 6th chords your getting stuck with? I am alright with the listening side its the theory part I cant do like bass clef and time signatures. I reckon my practical went okay. I did gloxenspeil and guitar. My gloxenspeil was near perfect apart from one stupid bar in beauty and the beast but my guitar I stumbled a good few times. Think tomorrow is either hit or miss for me really. How about you? How did your practical go?
Is it the dominant, diminished and the added 6th chords your getting stuck with? I am alright with the listening side its the theory part I cant do like bass clef and time signatures. I reckon my practical went okay. I did gloxenspeil and guitar. My gloxenspeil was near perfect apart from one stupid bar in beauty and the beast but my guitar I stumbled a good few times. Think tomorrow is either hit or miss for me really. How about you? How did your practical go?

No, it's the 1,4,5,6 chords that I get stuck on...I know they were from N5 but I was bad at them last year and even though I have really tried to get them this year, they are very hit and miss- I just can't hear it! It's probably because I don't play any chord based instruments. I feel the same way- I think it could go well or it could go really badly! It sounds like you performed well in your practical:smile:. For my practical, I did bagpipes and clarinet. My clarinet went really well and I'm hoping for nearly full marks... Bagpipes, I'm not so sure about as I lost my nerve and messed up my last piece and last year the examiner marked all of the people in my area really harshly for bagpipes(bagpipes gets a special examiner). The highest he gave out was 21/30! So this year, I really don't know how well I did.
I think if I do some more revision in the morning and remember that this is only 40% of the exam, I should be fine for tomorrow. Here's hoping it will be a good paper:smile:
HELP!
Original post by ionastewartx
HELP!
What do you need help with? Or are you just panicking about the exam in general?
No, it's the 1,4,5,6 chords that I get stuck on...I know they were from N5 but I was bad at them last year and even though I have really tried to get them this year, they are very hit and miss- I just can't hear it! It's probably because I don't play any chord based instruments. I feel the same way- I think it could go well or it could go really badly! It sounds like you performed well in your practical:smile:. For my practical, I did bagpipes and clarinet. My clarinet went really well and I'm hoping for nearly full marks... Bagpipes, I'm not so sure about as I lost my nerve and messed up my last piece and last year the examiner marked all of the people in my area really harshly for bagpipes(bagpipes gets a special examiner). The highest he gave out was 21/30! So this year, I really don't know how well I did.
I think if I do some more revision in the morning and remember that this is only 40% of the exam, I should be fine for tomorrow. Here's hoping it will be a good paper:smile:

Ahh I know what you mean im the exact same. I cannot here the chord so I have to write out the chords and do it through elimination which never seems to work for me. We got a woman last year who I thought was pretty soft on us as I mucked up a few times and still got an A. This year we got an old man and I don't think he is as soft so im pretty worried. Im just hoping its a pretty easy paper. Good luck for your exam x
Ahh I know what you mean im the exact same. I cannot here the chord so I have to write out the chords and do it through elimination which never seems to work for me. We got a woman last year who I thought was pretty soft on us as I mucked up a few times and still got an A. This year we got an old man and I don't think he is as soft so im pretty worried. Im just hoping its a pretty easy paper. Good luck for your exam x
Thanks. Good luck to you too!:smile:
Think that went pretty well!
That was actually so good! Question 4 was awesome!!
Reply 15
Do you know if the answers for the exam have been written out by anyone yet?
It went much better than I anticipated:smile:. Glad to hear that it went well for you Scottishholly98 and Elliejay170 :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Chord question never came up in this year higher music exam, I am so happy
Reply 18
Original post by Elliejay170
That was actually so good! Question 4 was awesome!!

I even know what the name of the song is. it is the irish tune from county derry. I played it with my senior windband in the concert.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending