The Student Room Group

A gender neutral bisexual future?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Retired_Messiah
A 'phase' of asexuality is something I've only really observed in 12-15 year olds who use the term when the reality is puberty hasn't hit them like a bus yet so they end up changing their mind later on.

Actually, most people experience sexual attraction by about 13. I never have and puberty is well and truly over for me.

Asexuality isn't a phase, it's an orientation. I've known, deep down, that I'm asexual since I was about 11.

At that age, puberty was pretty much over for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We also found that the poll you had shown was **** because it asked 500 people ONLINE.
Original post by whitetack
i do

you just don't accept other peoples points of view, everyone is aloud an opinion

? That's like saying "the sky is green - that is my opinion" when it isn't. Gender is not the same as biological sex and that is that. I accept people with differing opinions but you are not presenting a differencing opinion, you are presenting a contradiction in terms.
Original post by ivybridge
? That's like saying "the sky is green - that is my opinion" when it isn't. Gender is not the same as biological sex and that is that. I accept people with differing opinions but you are not presenting a differencing opinion, you are presenting a contradiction in terms.

lol dont b silly fam everyone knows the sky isnt green!

come on now dont get ridiculous!!!!
Original post by whitetack
lol dont b silly fam everyone knows the sky isnt green!

come on now dont get ridiculous!!!!

:lol:
Original post by ivybridge
:lol:

:biggrin::u:
😂😆🤑
Original post by Katty3
Actually, most people experience sexual attraction by about 13. I never have and puberty is well and truly over for me.

Asexuality isn't a phase, it's an orientation. I've known, deep down, that I'm asexual since I was about 11.

At that age, puberty was pretty much over for me.

You've said nothing that directly and effectively contradicts my point. I never said that asexuality was always a phase, or that my methodology is the same for every teenager. I was merely stating how it could be that somebody might have a "phase" of asexuality. I suppose the reality is a phase of somebody thinking they're asexual rather than being it, if you want to be pedantic.
probably gonna happen

sexuality is clearly a spectrum and i can't envisage a future where how well somebody fits archaic sex-based stereotypes is still considered a part of their identity.
Original post by Xelfrost
People label themselves as these hip new non-existent genders/sexualities because it's become fashionable... Further proof of just how sick modern society is. I used to say that with time they'll grow up, however I am starting to believe that these people will never stop deluding themselves. Only through strong culture change will we begin to make a difference. We're starting to see this in the US with the rise of Trump, but given the left is further rooted into European society I fear that such things wont happen over here for a long time.

Trump is not a saviour of society lol

He's just like any politician. Preying on your ignorance and your emotion and buttering you up with empty promises

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending