The Student Room Group

N5 English Exam is this Thursday :/

Scroll to see replies

Hey, does anybody have a copy of this years papers?

Did Higher this year but I wanna see what you stuff you guys got compared to me last year.
Original post by jenmje
I put down that he felt comforted and reassured by the sounds of nature, not sure if it was right though. What did you put?

yeah i put something along those lines as well!
I'm freaking out over the last close reading question!! Did you have to use your own words or refer to the text? Or both? I only used my own words! Someone please answer me just to put my mind at ease. I feel like I've forfeited 5 marks straight away though. goodbye A
Original post by Poppy_master
I'm freaking out over the last close reading question!! Did you have to use your own words or refer to the text? Or both? I only used my own words! Someone please answer me just to put my mind at ease. I feel like I've forfeited 5 marks straight away though. goodbye A

Your own words and your own words only, hence the word "Summarise"
Original post by Salenite
I also used stratospheric for Q2, I think it could have been the easiest question in the whole exam.

As the stratosphere is extremely high in the sky where very few objects or organisms can be, so Frozen has experienced huge success (high in the sky) which very few films of their kind have been able to do (very few things can be in the stratosphere).

I hope that's correct xD

I only wrote that the word suggested the frozen's success has been above and beyond that of any regular film.Is that still okay?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
Your own words and your own words only, hence the word "Summarise"

So you didn't have to refer to the text at all? Just make 5 key points? If so thanks for answering. I've been stressing and I've found it difficult to concentrate on maths tomorrow
Original post by Poppy_master
So you didn't have to refer to the text at all? Just make 5 key points? If so thanks for answering. I've been stressing and I've found it difficult to concentrate on maths tomorrow

If you summarised in your own words, you'll get the marks :smile: good luck with maths!
Reply 167
Hey guys,
Anyone else do Tally's Blood and/or Lord of the Flies?

i diddddd!! though i did it for the 8 mark
Original post by yeolk
i diddddd!! though i did it for the 8 mark

What did you talk about??
Reply 169
What did you talk about??

Mostly about Hughie and Bridget's close sibling relationship and rosinella and lucia's. My mind completely dozed off and after the exam i remembered about Franco and his family conflict :frown::s-smilie:
Original post by yeolk
Mostly about Hughie and Bridget's close sibling relationship and rosinella and lucia's. My mind completely dozed off and after the exam i remembered about Franco and his family conflict :frown::s-smilie:

I wrote about Rosinella and Franco within the extract and Rosinella and Lucia and the Predreschis for the wider text
Original post by yeolk

I wrote about Rosinella and Franco within the extract and Rosinella and Lucia and the Predreschis for the wider text
If you summarised in your own words, you'll get the marks :smile: good luck with maths!

thanks and good luck for your exams too:biggrin:
Reply 173

awws well thats fine ^^ as long as you explained, I figured Bridget and Hughie were much easier because Bridget did confront her about him. Hope we both did well :u: sometime english is good because there are various answers hahaha
How did everyone find the maths national 5 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rebeccahughes15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paper 1, was going fine until Q7 b (The Pyramid one). After that (for me anyway) the paper got harder.

Paper 2 was much easy, However I think I've done the last question wrong.
Reply 176

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was really easy in my opinion, although i did have some struggles with paper 1 and realised after that i made silly mistakes :s-smilie: but overall it was ok
Last question in paper one was a killer, rest went well I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
Last question in paper one was a killer, rest went well I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:hahah ikr, my page was all scribbles but i got the answer eventually
in the prelim I got 67%, which was an A in my school as so many people did badly. The teachers hadn't prepared us for the critical essay enough and hadn't explained exactly what to do well enough. However, by the exam we were all feeling confident and hope our scores will be increased largely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending