The Student Room Group

18 hours revision in 4 days!

OK I've planned 18 hours over 4 days,

5 HOURS Biology (1 hour 15 mins per day) - Exam in 5 days!!
5 HOURS Chemistry (1 hour 15 mins per day) - Exam in 7 days!!
Maths (2 hours per day) - Exam in 14 days!!

Do I need to work for more hours to get those grade As I really want or does that sound good?

Or 8 hours per day?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel like you're a really good student already. Sounds good, don't do 8 per day. You'll do fine, I'm sure.

(BTW, I can't believe how many people I can find here that do the R papers. OMG it's not only me!)
You need to relax.
i think ur study plan is great don't extend it as ur brain need's to relax too :goodluck::gthumb:
Original post by _Xenon_

Do I need to work for more hours to get those grade As I really want or does that sound good?

Or 8 hours per day?

I'm really behind on Bio and Chem!
Original post by _Xenon_

Or 8 hours per day?

8 hours a day? do you not have a life?
Original post by theBranicAc

well he/she does have GCSE's soon , so it's pretty safe to revise that amount....
Original post by OddFuturez
well he/she does have GCSE's soon , so it's pretty safe to revise that amount....

its not how long you revise, its how effective your reivison is, long revision sessesions may become boring and then she would forget it
its not how long you revise, its how effective your reivison is, long revision sessesions may become boring and then she would forget it

depends on the person
depends on the person

not really, theres no point revising a short time or a long time
Reply 10

Yep 8 hrs! Well it depends what you mean by that...
If you mean if I do stuff like most teenagers do that would take up so much time then no. I literally have the whole day. I don't have any friends and don't use any social media either nor do I go out much... Why , does it sound like too much? It seems doable for me.
Reply 11
Original post by theminz
I feel like you're a really good student already. Sounds good, don't do 8 per day. You'll do fine, I'm sure.

(BTW, I can't believe how many people I can find here that do the R papers. OMG it's not only me!)

Hi thanks, gotta improve a whole grade in the remaining DAYS! What's the R papers? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by shahida sulaiman
i think ur study plan is great don't extend it as ur brain need's to relax too :goodluck::gthumb:

Thanks and yes it does. :-)
Reply 13
Original post by romansholiday
I'm really behind on Bio and Chem!

Well time to get started!! :-)

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 14

*he

Yes it is all about effective revision and 8 hours of effective revision is the plan! :-)
Reply 15

Yep there's literally DAYS. :-)
Original post by _Xenon_
Yep 8 hrs! Well it depends what you mean by that...
If you mean if I do stuff like most teenagers do that would take up so much time then no. I literally have the whole day. I don't have any friends and don't use any social media either nor do I go out much... Why , does it sound like too much? It seems doable for me.

8 hours sounds fine to me. I worked full time before going back to uni but then when I studied I was in a routine of an 8 hour work day so I just timetabled my revision over 8 hours with a lunch break and a couple of tea breaks. If you treat it like a job then it's just as exhausting as any job - so may as well get used to a 9-5 before the real thing. For me, it was a case of being used to that 9-5 schedule and I needed to maintain that discipline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not about the hours. It's about what you do during these sessions.
Reply 18
Original post by Legendary Quest
It's not about the hours. It's about what you do during these sessions.

8 hours of past papers non stop
wow thats a lot………dont only just rely on past papers do all sorts of revision:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest