The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths Exam 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have Paper 2 that I can see ?
Original post by cameronwyper1
Do you have a copy of paper 1?

Unfortunately no.
Original post by Ethan100
5 thousand and something rounded to 2 dp.

Did you find the volume of the large cone and then the small one then take them away from one another?
Reply 83
Original post by A+Hunter
Do you think I would get the 2 marks?

I wrote sin^2x... That's all lol. I knew it had something to do with six/cosx though

possibly 1 mark because it asked you to simplify but at least you tried it :biggrin: i think only 10 in our year tried that question
Did you find the volume of the large cone and then the small one then take them away from one another?

Yeah did the same
Original post by yeolk
possibly 1 mark because it asked you to simplify but at least you tried it :biggrin: i think only 10 in our year tried that question

Better than nothing eh :wink:

Original post by Popcornlover
Yeah did the same

Woo hoo :biggrin:
Reply 86

yup yup! almost lost six marks because of this lol. I couldnae read my own writing and did radius = 4 instead of 9 smh. Hope the sqa likes the smell of tippex :biggrin:
Original post by yeolk
yup yup! almost lost six marks because of this lol. I couldnae read my own writing and did radius = 4 instead of 9 smh. Hope the sqa likes the smell of tippex :biggrin:

Lol :biggrin:

Yeah thats exactly what I did
Reply 89

Same. Is it sad than I find those types of questions fun? lol XD

Then I'd imagine you'd get 4 out of 5 marks for it if it did ask you to round to 2 sig figs
Original post by eve_4342
Same. Is it sad than I find those types of questions fun? lol XD

To be quite honest, I really enjoyed revising for maths because I'm quite good at it, however, the SQA has completely destroyed my confidence.
Reply 92
To be quite honest, I really enjoyed revising for maths because I'm quite good at it, however, the SQA has completely destroyed my confidence.

Same. It really is shocking what they done this year in the paper 1.
Did anyone get something like 5.14 for the standard deviation?
Reply 94
Original post by Abbyy1234

Yes something like that and 13 for the mean?
Original post by Jay431

Yes! Thank god
Think I got 5.73 and 13 for the mean
Reply 97
Original post by Abbyy1234

I'm pretty sure I got 5.73, I wasn't sure which numbers to use... Now I'm worried!
Original post by Jay431

Think I got 5.73 and 13 for the mean
For the comparison I said on average Sarah had longer waiting times but jack had more varied times

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending