The Student Room Group

Your favourite memory of Sixth Form or College?

Scroll to see replies

meeting the craziest people, who taught u crazy things only in college, sixth form is crap
Original post by Gingerbread101
You're all so pessimistic :cry2:

Aw Gingerbread, this was a cute idea for a thread nevertheless :colondollar: :lol:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Aw Gingerbread, this was a cute idea for a thread nevertheless :colondollar: :lol:

Even if I'm the only one, I'm pretty emotional about leaving Sixth Form :emo: :giggle:
Even if I'm the only one, I'm pretty emotional about leaving Sixth Form :emo: :giggle:

Well I'm emotional about it too... I'm HAPPY :teehee:
Half joking :colondollar: I'm sure others will come to this thread with more emotional attachment to their sixth form :lol:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Well I'm emotional about it too... I'm HAPPY :teehee:
Half joking :colondollar: I'm sure others will come to this thread with more emotional attachment to their sixth form :lol:

Haha, I guess it's either one extreme or the other :tongue:
Fave memory will be leaving and knowing I don't have to go back :burnout:
I don't have many friends at my sixth form because my friends mainly go to other schools but I still love it! I'm dreading leaving because it's just so homey and everyone is so nice :colondollar:
Original post by Christie_xx
I don't have many friends at my sixth form because my friends mainly go to other schools but I still love it! I'm dreading leaving because it's just so homey and everyone is so nice :colondollar:

Yay, someone else who will miss sixth form :woo:
Any day I've not been stressing tbh
As we come up to the end of the half term, lots of you will now be going for Study Leave in preparation for your last set of exams in your current school :afraid: You might have been there for a short and sweet two years, or have been there for the long run since year 7, but what is your favourite memory that you'll take with you after you leave? :cry2:

Personally, my favourite memory will be of the study room that me and my friends claimed during our frees! We decorated the walls with inside jokes, and the amount of time I've spent in that room it's like a second home :emo:

I enjoyed alot of my time at sixthform although some lessons were boring and dragged, i feel the entire journey is memorable simply because ive been there since year 7 and have made various friends right uptill the end of sixthform.
Original post by zXcodeXz
How come? And what did you get in a levels?

I got ABB (in Geology, Geography and ICT respectively) :smile:

Well there were several reasons for me having a difficult time in sixth form. The first, most prominent one is that I was having a lot of problems with my family at the time (these issues actually began in around 2011 and are still ongoing, although things have calmed down now somewhat).

Another thing that happened was that I finally realised, and accepted, that my 'friends' were not real friends. That realisation led to me cutting off contact with them and avoiding them as much as possible, which of course made me feel incredibly lonely, and just added to my depression. In turn, the depression made me feel demotivated, which made me feel stressed, and I fell into a horrible cycle of feeling depressed, demotivated, stressed, more depressed and so on.

I hope that made some sense!
Eugh I wouldn't say "memories" but funny moments indeed. I am leaving in 2 weeks and throughout the whole time I was saying I couldn't wait to leave, but now it's rather upsetting me.
Yay, someone else who will miss sixth form :woo:

Positivity is key :wink:
Original post by Leviathan1741

Well there were several reasons for me having a difficult time in sixth form. The first, most prominent one is that I was having a lot of problems with my family at the time (these issues actually began in around 2011 and are still ongoing, although things have calmed down now somewhat).

Another thing that happened was that I finally realised, and accepted, that my 'friends' were not real friends. That realisation led to me cutting off contact with them and avoiding them as much as possible, which of course made me feel incredibly lonely, and just added to my depression. In turn, the depression made me feel demotivated, which made me feel stressed, and I fell into a horrible cycle of feeling depressed, demotivated, stressed, more depressed and so on.

It gets better believe me. My parents divorced when I was in school and by 6th form my friends had either left to get jobs or I discovered they weren't real friends. Terrible couple of years. But now I'm a graduate (2 degrees) and have a job I enjoy. Recently had a look on facebook and those people who were awful to me are either on benefits with babies before 25 or working in terrible jobs. Ignore idiots and work hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for a really late reply and I know what you mean I've been there and it's really not nice! I really hope your ok now
Original post by KatieBlogger
It gets better believe me. My parents divorced when I was in school and by 6th form my friends had either left to get jobs or I discovered they weren't real friends. Terrible couple of years. But now I'm a graduate (2 degrees) and have a job I enjoy. Recently had a look on facebook and those people who were awful to me are either on benefits with babies before 25 or working in terrible jobs. Ignore idiots and work hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What field are you in?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Sorry for a really late reply and I know what you mean I've been there and it's really not nice! I really hope your ok now

No worries! And thank you, I hope you're okay now too :smile:
Y12 results day :h:

Also the final few months. I was just so happy and looking forward to uni :biggrin:
No worries! And thank you, I hope you're okay now too :smile:

Yeah I'm good to :smile:
Original post by Indeterminate
Y12 results day :h:

Also the final few months. I was just so happy and looking forward to uni :biggrin:

What university do you go to?

Quick Reply

Latest