The Student Room Group

POLL: what would you rather own for £1500?

Scroll to see replies

so about a 1oz ounce bar and 4 sovereigns if you went on the private market or 3 sovereigns and a 1oz bar from a dealer
Original post by jamesthehustler
so about a 1oz ounce bar and 4 sovereigns if you went on the private market or 3 sovereigns and a 1oz bar from a dealer

Something like that although tbf I do think I need to diversify my current metals a little more so maybe I would consider getting myself some platinum or palladium
i'd go for platinum as most places will buy it
palladium i have only managed to sell to scrap refineries
and best bet is the 1oz platinum canadian maple
i'd go for platinum as most places will buy it
palladium i have only managed to sell to scrap refineries
and best bet is the 1oz platinum canadian maple

Probably. Do you hold silver?
I've got a 1oz Brittannia 2015 coin and a 100g bar of silver and I'm considering saving up to buy a kilo
i find it's too space heavy for long term but i'll buy scrap and send it to be processed
i find it's too space heavy for long term but i'll buy scrap and send it to be processed

How much does that cost and does it come out as 999.0% purity?
iPhone 6 be overrated af :biggrin:
Reply 27
Why not get a powerful gaming PC and a TV and an iPhone?

A gaming laptop is going to cost as much as more powerful desktop AND a 4k monitor.
Original post by xylas
Interested to know as I'm saving up 😋

Spoiler

None of the above. What kind of pc you get (laptop vs desktop) will depend on your needs, laptops are more portable but desktops are much cheaper. Honestly if you want gaming unless you have lots of friends on console pc is the way to go. Games are much cheaper on pc and you will also be able to use your pc for other stuff so everyday use will also benefit. If you go down the desktop route 4k is a waste of your time and money - even with a gtx 980 (a £400 graphics card) you will not get near 60fps in most games, so you're better off playing games at 1080p and getting much higher fps and saving yourself money on monitior pc internals etc
Original post by offhegoes

A gaming laptop is going to cost as much as more powerful desktop AND a 4k monitor.

You underestimate the cost of 4k lol
Reply 30
Original post by samb1234
You underestimate the cost of 4k lol

You can pick a reasonable one up for £200 easily enough.

But I agree with you on the 4k point, I'd choose ultra graphics on 1080 over lesser graphics on a 4k monitor.
(edited 7 years ago)
You can pick a reasonable one up for £200 easily enough.

But I agree with you on the 4k point, I'd choose ultra graphics on 1080 over lesser graphics on a 4k monitor.

Where lol? All the ones i've seen with decent reviews are £300+, then take into the account the fact that you are going to have to shell out substantially more on gpu cpu ram etc if you want to play at 4k
Reply 32
Where lol? All the ones i've seen with decent reviews are £300+, then take into the account the fact that you are going to have to shell out substantially more on gpu cpu ram etc if you want to play at 4k

Well I just assumed they wanted a 4k monitor, perhaps for browsing but not necessarily for gaming.

After all if 4k gaming was what they were after and prepared to spend over a grand on, they would be unlikely to buy a gaming laptop and no chance would they buy an Xbox/PS4!

Also, google 4k monitor! Sure I'd rather get a high quality HD monitor, but it'd be easy enough to get a 4k monitor of better quality than a laptop screen.
Well I just assumed they wanted a 4k monitor, perhaps for browsing but not necessarily for gaming.

After all if 4k gaming was what they were after and prepared to spend over a grand on, they would be unlikely to buy a gaming laptop and no chance would they buy an Xbox/PS4!

Also, google 4k monitor! Sure I'd rather get a high quality HD monitor, but it'd be easy enough to get a 4k monitor of better quality than a laptop screen.

Haha yeah this whole post is confusing. I assumed if they were spending the money on 980ti s high power overclocked cpus etc etc that they would get a good monitor as well. However equally if they got a ps4 then they'll be playing at like 30fps at upscaled 1080p, and a laptop would probably be a 960m or 970m which would again be at 1080p, so as you say its kind of confusing lol
i like videogames and everything but i wouldn't waste my money because what r parents for ;p lols
comes out at full purity and costs about £60 per kilo for equipment and about £100-200 for processable silver
Reply 36
Original post by Sir Fox
Answers to that poll won't really help you, because no one knows your requirements. I selected 'powerful gaming desktop' simply because I already have a MacBook for work, internet and image editing, so out of the options a desktop for gaming would make most sense for me. But that doesn't mean it would be best for you :wink:

Yeah I'm not interested in stuff you already own. For the purposes of this poll you don't get to keep your old stuff (btw your macbook will be much worse than comparable computers if you buy today).
Reply 37
Original post by Another
I have the 256gb option with dgpu, and it's lightning fast. I'd definitely recommend it if you truly want an all-in-one device. Touchscreen surface with active digitiser was really important for me for art and PDF annotations, detatchable clipboard/reversible screen is also a godsend.

Very interesting I can see it does everything well but I guess not the best (jack of all trades master of none?).

I suppose you are the only person who voted for it in the poll then!
Reply 38
None of the above. What kind of pc you get (laptop vs desktop) will depend on your needs, laptops are more portable but desktops are much cheaper...

Original post by shahida sulaiman
i like videogames and everything but i wouldn't waste my money because what r parents for ;p lols

Cool what would you choose out of the options?
Reply 39

I wouldn't want to hook a desktop to a TV tbh.

Haha yeah this whole post is confusing. I assumed if they were spending the money on 980ti s high power overclocked cpus etc etc that they would get a good monitor as well. However equally if they got a ps4 then they'll be playing at like 30fps at upscaled 1080p, and a laptop would probably be a 960m or 970m which would again be at 1080p, so as you say its kind of confusing lol

Also I prefer a similarly performing laptop to a desktop, I'd only choose a desktop if it was MUCH more powerful i.e. can play games in 4k.

I'm not after 4k gaming per se, but if I had £1500 to spend I would consider going down that route.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending