The Student Room Group

I lied about my periods (Muslim)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
if having a period is so dirty why did muhammad arouse himself on aisha's thighs when she was on her period??
Original post by Anonymous
Urine and s*** is also natural. Does it mean its not dirty
Moron

Urine isn't just not dirty, it's actually sterile. It's filtered directly out of your blood, which your immune system keeps as free of pathogens as possible. S*** is admittedly dirty and germy, but I don't see how either could be considered morally dirty. I suppose your recourse would be "because God says so" which I can't really argue with.
Reply 102
hell isnt real cherry pie and islam didn't invent education for women so wrong on both counts :smile:

This is false. A women in Islam should be studying. Go find out about the religion before you try to make a statement. Men and women should both have an education.
This is why I stopped believing in my religion or for that matter any religion. Most of the religious books out there are clearly so sexist towards women. Now I simply believe that these are written by humans hundreds of years ago which made sense then but are clearly outdated.

Take this period issue as an example, in the old days when women didnt have the protection they do now it made sense that they didnt touch any religious books. But now I dont see any reason women can't.

I believe if god does exist then he would treat both male and female equally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Urine isn't just not dirty, it's actually sterile. It's filtered directly out of your blood, which your immune system keeps as free of pathogens as possible. S*** is admittedly dirty and germy, but I don't see how either could be considered morally dirty. I suppose your recourse would be "because God says so" which I can't really argue with.

So why don't we all just drink our own urine if it's so sterile and also would cost nothing really?

I believe therefore you believe in drinking urine if it's so good?
Original post by dnr_23
if having a period is so dirty why did muhammad arouse himself on aisha's thighs when she was on her period??

Ffs that's grim, was she at least double digits by this point? But I guess it's not actual intercourse in fairness.
Original post by OGGUS
This is false. A women in Islam should be studying. Go find out about the religion before you try to make a statement. Men and women should both have an education.

that's not what I was saying you said she was studying because of islam as if Islam invented education for women when it didnt. you don't need to be a muslim woman to get an education, obviously.
Reply 107
Original post by joey11223
Ffs that's grim, was she at least double digits by this point? But I guess it's not actual intercourse in fairness.

in fairness looool this is beyond fairness. she was 9 when muhammad took her virginity so i wouldnt be shocked if he did this at the same age
Original post by Jeff458.
So why don't we all just drink our own urine if it's so sterile and also would cost nothing really?

I believe therefore you believe in drinking urine if it's so good?

He didn't say it was good to drink, just that it's sterile. The fact it's expelled from the body shows it's not needed so what point would there be in drinking it?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
He didn't say it was good to drink, just that it's sterile. The fact it's expelled from the body shows it's not needed so what point would there be in drinking it?

So it's sterile but not good to drink? So it's basically pointless you're saying? Meaning his point was completely useless?

Well if you were that confident it was sterile then you would drink it instead of other liquids which you may have to purchase enhancing economic benefits in that sense.

So you're in favour of drinking urine?
Original post by joey11223
can't touch the holy book though yeah?

Surely you can't do other sexual things if the recommendation is to keep your distance from woman while they're menstruating?

"They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah hath enjoined upon you."

It appears to both recommend keeping your distance and not attempting sexual intercourse.

I doubt anyone will stay away from each other completely for 7-10 days.
anything below the knee and above the navel of the woman is accessible.
I think by alone is means don't particularly bother them about sex, like if they don't want to then f**k off looool, like dont be asking them for blowjobs n ishh. Tbh from my experience and I'm sure other women will agree we're 10x horny than normal on our period anyway.
So it's sterile but not good to drink? So it's basically pointless you're saying? Meaning his point was completely useless?

Well if you were that confident it was sterile then you would drink it instead of other liquids which you may have to purchase enhancing economic benefits in that sense.

So you're in favour of drinking urine?

"Not good" here means unpleasant, not dangerous. No, his point was perfectly legitimate, as it refuted the point that urine is "dirty".

Your next point is a non-sequitur. Just because something's sterile doesn't mean it should be eaten or drunk. Medical equipment is sterile, I don't see people eating that every day. The question is, what use is there in drinking urine?
Because I would get told off.
have everything taken away, my phone laptop etc and it's not like I am allowed to go out with friends whenever either so that's my main source of out-of-school contact.
not praying = basically not muslim anymore.
my parents would be like we are not supporting a "non-muslim" child, she'd probably stop buying "extra" food aka all there will be to eat is the one meal she cooks a day and apparently that's enough for a growing child because it's "Enough" for her.

in short, that ^.
no I am not running away or going to social services or anything stupid like that lol I'll stay with my parents for materialistic reasons until I earn enough. It's not that easy when you're particularly used to a upper class lifestyle :/.

Is your items getting taking away worse than lying to your parents about your commitment to your religion? This is purely presumptive but Im guessing that your parents are first- generation, you need to see things from there perspective. You don't know the difficulties of having non- religious parents .Besides parents only want whats best for you, Its just hard to see that sometimes
mate just come clean, i masturbated then i came home from school thinking i would do my ghusl, realised that they shower tap wasnt there, they were fixing the toilet, it took two days to fix it, so weird, i had to fake praying and doing wudhu, just live like a good muslim, your parents and god will be happy with you ... at the end of the day its going to benefit you i guess
your mum will understand, just say youre really sorry and u wont do it again, you seem to have sufficient knowledge about islam but you still did what you did? your mums punishment is nothing compared to gods
oh
what's the other stuff?

cervical mucus, vaginal secretions, and endometrial tissue. Lovely :smile:
I'm actually laughing on my phone with others taking pictures of this convo because you're so funny ahaha, please continue. We have ALL day.

Ahahaha "pussy". Too good mate. When one can't think of an actual insult they stoop to a level where they believe "pisslam" is never mind... and that "pussy" is an insult lol.

My friend codes so he can trace your ip adress to your synthetic router therefore your house. Then I smash your head in.

You're the one crying on anonymous lollolololololololololololol.

I believe your own 'insult' "pussy loser" is applicable here. That makes me laugh so much because it's something that a 7 year old says in primary school aahahhahahahahahahaha. Just take a day off ahahahahahaha :tongue:

I don't know which side of the discussion your on and I'm too lazy to go back through and find out, but your making some idiotic claims.
wait what you loose the ability to read from right to left when you have the decorators in?
Original post by Ciel.
She can clean herself and make wudhu while on her period too. How is that any different? It's also unfair that blood is clearly considered worse and far more dirty than **** and piss. Whoever wrote quran must have hated women. :colonhash:

Period blood is not like normal blood. During a period, the uterus is cleaned out so the blood contains dirt from the uterus making it unclean to pray with even if that area is washed, the blood isn't going anywhere. Piss and poop is different. Once you've cleaned it up, it won't come back while your praying but period blood would. You clearly don't know the meaning of wudhu. It's done to be clean for prayer and to give respect to the Quran if read/handled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119
Original post by samzy21
Period blood is not like normal blood. During a period, the uterus is cleaned out so the blood contains dirt from the uterus making it unclean to pray with even if that area is washed, the blood isn't going anywhere. Piss and poop is different. Once you've cleaned it up, it won't come back while your praying but period blood would. You clearly don't know the meaning of wudhu. It's done to be clean for prayer and to give respect to the Quran if read/handled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boohoo, girls did you hear that? Your uterus has dirt in it that's why you can't touch the quran.........................
On a more serious note - no, I'm not trying to make fun of you. I get that some people need religion in their lives because they don't know how to make choices for themselves. But honestly, islam really should let go of its medieval concepts and practices. If you honestly can't see it (even if you do, you probably won't admit it), you really don't belong in the 21st century.

Quick Reply

Latest