The Student Room Group

National 5 Maths Exam 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by yeolk
https://twitter.com/SumTeacherWeb <- ans to paper 1 guys!! hope yall get de-stressed after this :smile:

Very difficult questions. Paper 1 nothing like the 9 provided as Exemplar papers
Reply 141
Original post by Jay431
Haha get in the scale factor one was 4.95

yesssss!! im happy with my results :biggrin: but do hope the sqa hear the pleas of some people ( although most are notably exaggerating )

Also, does the exam result paper that is sent to you tell your percentage?? or just A,B,C and then if its higher band or low band
Reply 142
Original post by yeolk
yesssss!! im happy with my results :biggrin: but do hope the sqa hear the pleas of some people ( although most are notably exaggerating )

Also, does the exam result paper that is sent to you tell your percentage?? or just A,B,C and then if its higher band or low band

A , B , C or No award

No bands or percentages, But ur school has them
Original post by Jay431
A , B , C or No award

No bands or percentages, But ur school has them

School has percentages also ? Woow
Reply 144
Original post by Ethan100
School has percentages also ? Woow

I think so yes. If they have ur bands then surely they'll know your percentage
I'm a happy man. Paper 2 has saved me. Hopefully the sqa will lower the grade boundaries!
Anyone uploaded the paper?
Reply 147
Someone on Facebook did with the solutions, they're called SumTeacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
I got 80% in my prelim, and I looked at the SumTeacher on Facebook and I got 70% for this exam. They'll definitely lower the grades.
Original post by Jay431
I think so yes. If they have ur bands then surely they'll know your percentage

Schools do know your percentages. They aren't supposed to tell you I think, but if you really want to know you can (this can be useful for picking subjects for next year).
I've just sat my higher, so If anyone has questions about anything higher or anything you aren't sure about from N5, ask away :smile:
I'm worried Ive lost a mark in the nature of the roots question..

In my statement I said the roots are real, unequal and rational however the answer was root 53 so they were not rational.

Do you think I will still get the mark for saying they are real and unequal or would I lose it for saying they are also rational?
Reply 151
Original post by Science_Girl
Schools do know your percentages. They aren't supposed to tell you I think, but if you really want to know you can (this can be useful for picking subjects for next year).
I've just sat my higher, so If anyone has questions about anything higher or anything you aren't sure about from N5, ask away :smile:

I'm a bit disappointed with the SQA really lol.

I think we should be allowed get our papers back. That way we can see where we went wrong and how we can improve, But I understand that it may not be easy to distribute the papers back out or whatever, So that's fine.

But the fact that the SQA don't tell you what band you got makes me a little angry lol. Do you know why they don't tell you your band, But instead give it to the school?
Original post by Amina209
What did u all get for the angle question in paper 2?
i got 74

I got 74 as well, it is the right answer because on facebook a maths page uploaded all of the answers :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by Jay431
I'm a bit disappointed with the SQA really lol.

I think we should be allowed get our papers back. That way we can see where we went wrong and how we can improve, But I understand that it may not be easy to distribute the papers back out or whatever, So that's fine.

But the fact that the SQA don't tell you what band you got makes me a little angry lol. Do you know why they don't tell you your band, But instead give it to the school?

They can'r as that is against the law ( Data protection act 1998) you are exempt from seeing your exam papers.

Apparently they just give you the band and your grade (A) no percentages which i think is good because it saves people from feeling bad about themselves
SQA response to petition:

13 MAY 2016 A spokesperson for the SQA said: "We are confident the National 5 Maths exam provided candidates with a fair opportunity to show their understanding of the subject. It was designed in line with past and exemplar papers and according to our course and assessment specifications.
"We know the exams period can be a stressful time for young people and their families and are aware of the concerns which have been raised."
Reply 155
Original post by yeolk
They can'r as that is against the law ( Data protection act 1998) you are exempt from seeing your exam papers.

Apparently they just give you the band and your grade (A) no percentages which i think is good because it saves people from feeling bad about themselves

Why is it a crime lool
Reply 156
It was 6.8 rounded to 7.0 (1s.f)
Reply 157
Original post by Abbyy1234
Yes that's the right answer.

I got K=P^2+L/4T , do you still get 1 or 2 marks for the working?, I got it the other way round, would I still be able to get the three marks?
I got a similar answer for the changing the subject of the formula question but i squared tje whole thing rather than over a letter but we should still get 1 mark possibly 2 because the other steps are correct
I seriously wish you guys the best, that paper was brutal. I honestly hope the SQA decides to not be satan for once and lowers the grade boundaries so you can get the grades you deserve :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending