The Student Room Group

Can I still get all A*s for my GCSEs by working very hard starting from NOW?

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

NO. People start revising as early as January and still get grades which are far away from straight As.
So, my answer is a no.
Reply 2
Original post by Jeeves CP
What do you think?

Definitely
Original post by kenstaviciutte
NO. People start revising as early as January and still get grades which are far away from straight As.
So, my answer is a no.

Have u done ur GCSEs?

All my teachers tell me that im an A* student, can can definitely get the grades i want as long as i work super hard
Original post by luciie
Definitely

You just made my day!
Reply 5
When is your first exam??
Reply 6
Of course you can if you really want it, it's all about the level of work you put in
Original post by EML26

17th May!
Reply 8
What did you get in your mocks? Starting to revise from now is a bit late :/
Original post by EML26

Dw, ive planned all the topics and sections i have to do, divided by, the number of days before each and every exam.
Have u done ur GCSEs?

All my teachers tell me that im an A* student, can can definitely get the grades i want as long as i work super hard

No, I haven't done GCSEs. However, I did equivalents to GCSEs because I didn't live in the UK then. All the subjects were the same. From my experience, I can tell it is impossible.
Original post by may999
What did you get in your mocks? Starting to revise from now is a bit late :/

No revision:

A*, 5As, 1B, 1C.
Believe in yourself, you optimistic ruffian! Besides, if you work your socks off now you will have no regrets come results day, as you'll now you gave it your all.
Reply 13
You probably should've started a lot earlier tbh. But you can't go back now so just revise as hard as you can from now on. You can still get good grades.
Original post by HurtfulHarold
Believe in yourself, you optimistic ruffian! Besides, if you work your socks off now you will have no regrets come results day, as you'll now you gave it your all.

Thank you, HurtfulHarold.
Reply 15
Yes, you sound like you've got it organised so as long as you stick to your study program you should be fine. It doesn't sound like you struggle much at school so you should be able to understand and memorise everything pretty quickly. Good luck!
What do you think?

Some people can - why not you. Try.
Thank you, HurtfulHarold.

You are very welcome, AskJeevesCP.
yes, I did my GCSEs last year and I didn't revise until the day before and I received:
Maths (method): A*
Maths (applied): A*
English Lang: A
English Lit: A
Physics: A*
Chem: A*
Biology: A*
RE: A*
Drama: A
Astrology: A*
Business: A*
ICT: A*
Latin: A*
Psychology: A*

I am now happily finishing AS Levels (physics, maths/mechanics, chemistry and psychology) being predicted all As. I wouldn't risk it as it's not advisable- just do past papers:smile:
You can do it!!! Many people can cram the night before and still come out with great grades.

If you got those very high grades for your mocks with no revision, you can get much higher than that with some revision squeezed in.

Quick Reply

Latest