The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have practice papers for the breadth paper?
Original post by lovelyqueen
Thank you this is really helpful. I didn't know how to structure the answer and the order of the tests. I get it now!

Do you think you could answer 4c for me i am struggling to get the long mark questions right.

Thank you for your time and help

4c in the depth paper? I can't see a question 4c
Original post by alfmeister

Sorry, my mistake it's 5c
Posted from TSR Mobile

1463082069750.jpg

There you go, once again if you don't understand anything just ask.
Posted from TSR Mobile

1463082069750.jpg

Thank you so much once again!!!
Reply 85
Question: Why does Br2 and I2 not exist as a gaseous state at standard conditions? (1 mark)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fish40
Question: Why does Br2 and I2 not exist as a gaseous state at standard conditions? (1 mark)

Posted from TSR Mobile

because they both have a simple molecular structure that has weak London forces between the molecules and energy is required to break these London forces between the molecules.
Original post by Fish40

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do u by any chance have the new spec practice papers for OCR A breadth papers?
Reply 88
because they both have a simple molecular structure that has weak London forces between the molecules and energy is required to break these London forces between the molecules.

But the question say why do they both not exist as gases, isnt the answer because they have stronger London forces than F2 and I2 (because its sort of a compare question, you cant say they have weak forces but relative to others) so more energy is required to change br2 and i2 to a gas state

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Do u by any chance have the new spec practice papers for OCR A breadth papers?

Are you talking about the 1 breadth paper on ocr a chemistry website, or do you mean more practice papers that they released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fish40
Are you talking about the 1 breadth paper on ocr a chemistry website, or do you mean more practice papers that they released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they released a practice paper i think last week and only teachers can access it i think. My teacher wouldn't print them for us.
What is the functional group of an alkane?
Original post by kiwifruit99

They don't have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by kiwifruit99

Original post by manwtfisthis
They don't have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

manwtfisthis is right although when you name it, you count the double C-C bond as the indicator of it's "functional group"... I think
does anyone have the june 2015 f325 ocr chemsitry paper attachment
Posted from TSR Mobile

1463082069750.jpg

can you please help me with this question
I'll get you started on the first question you posted. Think about what is the difference between the alcohols they've given you. Secondly think about what reactions occur in only certain types of alcohols and the different bonds present in these products. Try seeing if you know these and if you do reply again and I'll gives you tips on the next part.
can you please help me with this question

have u got this practice papers if so can u post it here i am doing the exam privately i dont have acesses to these it would be very helpful
That is fine.Thank you!

Original post by Fish40

Posted from TSR Mobile

In case you guys want it. Technocrat Notes have Finally an apple appstore
app yes!! It has really got me to stop stressing about these hard new spec exams.

Applehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/technocrat-notes/id1111953817?ls=1&mt=8

Googlehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Technocratnotes.a pp&hl=en_GB
With our first exam right around the corner I will be Tring to help as much as possible so just ask any question and I'll get back to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest