The Student Room Group

Can I still get all A*s for my GCSEs by working very hard starting from NOW?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LewisClothier
Depends on if you have any coursework and if you bothered in that. Exams are easy enough after cramming revision, should be able to get at least A's

high as and A*s in all ca.
Original post by Jeeves CP
high as and A*s in all ca.

Well then yes of course! Commit to it though! Take this chance, best of luck :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by george_c00per
You can do it!!! Many people can cram the night before and still come out with great grades.

If you got those very high grades for your mocks with no revision, you can get much higher than that with some revision squeezed in.

mte

Yes but its gonna take alot of hardwork
Reply 43
Original post by themathsgeek
yes, I did my GCSEs last year and I didn't revise until the day before and I received:
Maths (method): A*
Maths (applied): A*
English Lang: A
English Lit: A
Physics: A*
Chem: A*
Biology: A*
RE: A*
Drama: A
Astrology: A*
Business: A*
ICT: A*
Latin: A*
Psychology: A*

I am now happily finishing AS Levels (physics, maths/mechanics, chemistry and psychology) being predicted all As. I wouldn't risk it as it's not advisable- just do past papers:smile:

Do you have any past resources that you used for english? Im really struggling with the literature unit 1 and 2 exam revision, did you do of mice and men and an inspector calls?
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 45
This thread is giving me hope
Original post by EML26
This thread is giving me hope

You're not alone - me too! :h::h:
If you honestly stay true to yourself, don't procrastinate at all and work literally the whole time productively you should easily be able to get all A*s, I'm only in year 10 but doing three exams this year and they are surprisingly easy to be frank, aiming for all A*s but realistically I will probably get an A in maybe latin and/or physics but we will see!
What do you think?
hell yes , i just started my revision now , the best way is to make a plan , with what you are gonna revise and when FOLLOW IT
What do you think?

Well to be honest, no, not really. But this depends on you as a person. And this also depends on the subject you are taking. And also how much info you can take in. But don't worry! Start now! You never know, you might get that A* if you try!
Believe in yourself!:smile:
GCSE's are a piece of piss compared to A levels and Uni exams

GCSE's are about memorising the information. If you can memorise the text books in the next few days or weeks then its possible. Use the exam specifications and mark schemes to see what markers are looking for then yeah.

***FUTURE ADVICE***
GCSE's are the only exams this stuff will fly with. A Levels are a whole different ball game. Start revising ASAP for them
cram like no tomorrow :tongue:
ofc you can lol . After a day on a subject non stop you know it.
Reply 53
not likely. grades will be mediocre at best
Reply 54
Of course, not something I'm risking for but it is possible to still end up well if you try really hard.
A good start might be to actually begin revising instead of asking people on TSR. :smile:
Hju
So using the information above I think it is safe to conclude that revising late is something every student does. It's now a fact. XD. Gl with exams all. If anything goes wrong I always have good ol' bleach :P
17th May!

I'm doing biology on the 17th of may too and I've been revising since November... I suggest you get cracking now like I'm about to! Good luck:bumps:

Quick Reply

Latest