The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

My last exam is on the 24th of June. It's a P7 exam. When is your last exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck for all your exams xx
Original post by catgalll

Thanks. You too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
Guess everyone's busy revising/doing stuff :smile:
Aw my last day isn't till the 28th June :biggrin: but i can't wait to leave although i will miss my school a little :smile:
I know it's emotional, are you going to your school for sixth form ?
At least you did something which counts :wink:
Hope you had a great day too :smile:

Wow you leave late! Even the ones who didn't apply for/didn't get study leave leave school on the 10th of June!! Surely all of your exams are over by then - do you not get leave at all? :frown:
Yeah, I know I'd definitely be less willing to leave if I was actually leaving to go to a different sixth form!
Yup I'm staying on at my current school (although 2 of my 3 subjects will be taught at the school we're partnered with) :smile:
Yeah at least I did something but you must have passed your headache on to me :tongue: which is why I wasn't as focused or willing to work as I should have been
And yes I've had a fantastic day, hope you have too :biggrin:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same but I also have a further maths exam which clashes with it :s-smilie:
Original post by sahra30013
Hey don't worry about study leave! I'm sure you will do amazingly well even without study leave considering how hard you work. Well done today though!:smile:

Woah, you leaving tommorow? I'm not leaving till the 27th May! That's great that your teachers loved their gifts! Remember, every little counts so don't worry about not doing much! Well done and keep up the good work!:smile:

Good luck to you too. I think prefer doing both as it the information would sink in.

Yep we leave very early and I'm incredibly thankful as it gives me a huge opportunity to revise well (as I really struggle when I'm at school all day as you can probably tell) and subsequently get my best grades :biggrin:. And I'm not too worried about my amount of work as I knew from the start that cramming will be one of my most used and valuable techniques so I should be able to pull it off :smile:. Thank you, and well done to you too for consistently getting lots done!
Original post by NiamhM1801
Same but I also have a further maths exam which clashes with it :s-smilie:

Good luck with that. I wouldn't want to be in your position. That is pretty stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw I'm happy I brightened your day! :smile:
I'm sorry about your anxiety, it must be hard to deal with especially with all this (highly unnecessary) added stress. I get quite nervous sometimes (especially when answering questions or talking in front of people in class) but it must be hellish with an actual diagnosed mental health issue :frown: I really do admire you for dealing with it so well and going through daily life like normal, you're really strong :smile:

Just try to ignore all the people putting you to shame about your grades - the only thing you should do is be proud of them as they and your work ethic are just fantastic and should be admired! (especially by year 11 students who just can't find motivation i.e. me) :biggrin:

And about those that are taking these exams very seriously - yes they are important and should be used as vital practice, but there's a difference between using them wisely and obsessive overkill. Your attitude is perfect, they're being extreme. I know they might seem like the most important things in the world but honestly, year 10 mocks count for nothing in the long run (take it from me: 4A*s 2As 2Bs 1C and 1D in year 10, they mean nothing to anyone now and I'm still on track for 7+A*s)

Good luck with them though, as I'm sure you'll do incredibly well regardless - don't listen to others who say your grades aren't good as they really are!! I wish you the best of luck with both revision and exams and look forward to you celebrating your results! :biggrin:

aw thank-you, sorry it took so long to revise - have been weighed down by coursework and revision :| yeah I have a councillor, so hopefully I am going to get better :smile: so that is a positive :smile: yeah I find it difficult talking to teachers and asking some questions, because I don't want to seem 'stupid' in front of them, haha. it's just so annoying, because this girl in one of my classes was all like 'oh only loosing two marks per section of RE to get an A*, that's so easy!' and it's like.. okay you may feel like that, but you don't need to express your thoughts to others who may not be quite so confident - like some of my friends for example.

my work ethic makes me absolutely exhausted, literally aha. well done for your results in year ten :smile: and well done for your predicted results and good luck with them :smile: X I am sure that you will achieve.

thank-you, good luck again to you also - I know what my end goals are - wanting to achieve straight A stars and then finally end up studying law at Oxford. but that is a long way away! haha, I guess that thought provides me with motivation and makes me overcome my anxiety during work X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Chill! I got more B's than A*s in year 10, and ive been predicted 10A*s for gcses (which I am sitting rn!) so don't worry! Aim for 5A*s this summer, 6 in year 11 mocks then 10 in Summer 2017! You also have a huge summer to do bits of work

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank-you, sorry for taking so long to reply! that's actually a really good way of thinking about it, building up. yes, I am going to aim for 5A*'s in these summer exams and then see what happens I guess :smile:

well done in all your results and predicted grades, and I hope that you achieve that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
aw thank-you, sorry it took so long to revise - have been weighed down by coursework and revision :| yeah I have a councillor, so hopefully I am going to get better :smile: so that is a positive :smile: yeah I find it difficult talking to teachers and asking some questions, because I don't want to seem 'stupid' in front of them, haha. it's just so annoying, because this girl in one of my classes was all like 'oh only loosing two marks per section of RE to get an A*, that's so easy!' and it's like.. okay you may feel like that, but you don't need to express your thoughts to others who may not be quite so confident - like some of my friends for example.

my work ethic makes me absolutely exhausted, literally aha. well done for your results in year ten :smile: and well done for your predicted results and good luck with them :smile: X I am sure that you will achieve.

thank-you, good luck again to you also - I know what my end goals are - wanting to achieve straight A stars and then finally end up studying law at Oxford. but that is a long way away! haha, I guess that thought provides me with motivation and makes me overcome my anxiety during work X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw don't worry about it, at least it shows you've got good priorities! (TSR is a massive distraction for me :redface:) I have every faith that you'll get better quickly :smile:

Like I said, try as much as you can to ignore those types of people. They only do it to make themselves look better without taking into consideration how it might make others feel. As long as you try your hardest (which you undoubtedly do) that's all anyone can ask of you - and in my eyes dedication pays off more in the long run!

I bet you do get tired from all the work you do - considering I'm knackered by 9pm every night with the minimal amount of work I do (although this probably says more about my sleep schedule than my work :redface:) it's no wonder that you get exhausted by yours! Do try not to let it go too far though as that could end up being unhealthy and worse in the long run.

Good luck, and I have every confidence that you will get amazing results and be able to follow your dream of going to Oxford! Definitely the motivation will help you along the way as your goal will always be in your mind :biggrin:
thank-you, sorry for taking so long to reply! that's actually a really good way of thinking about it, building up. yes, I am going to aim for 5A*'s in these summer exams and then see what happens I guess :smile:

well done in all your results and predicted grades, and I hope that you achieve that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, and don't worry too much about your gcses, they're not as hard as you imagine they will be. Do little and often, make sure you finish notes (up to what you have learned so far) by start of year 11 in September, do a maximum 3 hours of work per day over summer, as it's the last chance to have a decent break before gcses. Then make notes as you learn stuff, spend like every Sunday doing notes if you can (and the rest of the week doing Hwk or relaxing) from the start. Start to learn and go over stuff from the beginning of February for your actual gcses, doing around 3 hours per school night (unless you have hwk or coursework, I don't do coursework so idk!) and 5 hours each day on weekends and holidays. That's all you'll need to do even the day before an exam! No more than 5-6 hours, as long as you do consistent little and often. You'll also be stress-free this way, don't fall into the temptation of cramming as many others do. You'll be fine as you clearly care about grades. Don't get complacent but don't worry too much, GCSEs aren't the be-all and end-all, I won't mind if I don't get 10A*s (I would be more than happy with 8). Good luck! Message me if you need any advice whatsoever from now until May 2017 with anything at all, I'd be more than happy to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

By the way I want to do law at Oxford as well, 7-8A*s would pretty much guarantee an interview, so you don't need straight A*s (though obviously that would be better, but there's little difference in reality between 8 and 10, just bragging rights!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know. I know. It's been a while since I made a post on this thread. Well, my babes I've been quite busy revising and you can't expect me to give you all of my time. I have other babes as well.

Anyway. I've done every single past paper for every subject at least 5 times and I've gotten A* and high As for all of them. I've been taking my own study leave because I was unwell 😏. I'm really confident in regard to my exams because I've been revising my balls off. I woke up at 5am today and finished my revision at 9pm. Of course I did have breaks but I enjoyed what I was doing so I guess my revision was like taking a break. I've got my B123 and my French exam on Tuesday. I wish you guys all the best. I don't think there's been a minute while my eyes are open that I don't do something related to revision

Wow well done - and your motivation is fantastic :smile:

You girls are so emotional. I can't wait to not see the faces of idiots anymore. We don't have a leavers day and I'm not going to prom

I feel exactly the same way - everyone assumes I love the place but I can't wait - and I ain't going prom either :smile:

My last one is Physics 4,5,6 on 22nd June

Original post by catgalll

Thank you so much :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 12/05/16

Not much to list, because I only really focused on a few:

ICT past paper and Q Cards

English Lit Characters and settings

15 German

Maths Past paper

gl brainz u can do it!
Original post by brainzistheword
Wow well done - and your motivation is fantastic :smile:

I feel exactly the same way - everyone assumes I love the place but I can't wait - and I ain't going prom either :smile:

My last one is Physics 4,5,6 on 22nd June

Thank you so much :biggrin:

Thanks. Let's hope I can keep it up until the exams are over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow you leave late! Even the ones who didn't apply for/didn't get study leave leave school on the 10th of June!! Surely all of your exams are over by then - do you not get leave at all? :frown:
Yeah, I know I'd definitely be less willing to leave if I was actually leaving to go to a different sixth form!
Yup I'm staying on at my current school (although 2 of my 3 subjects will be taught at the school we're partnered with) :smile:
Yeah at least I did something but you must have passed your headache on to me :tongue: which is why I wasn't as focused or willing to work as I should have been
And yes I've had a fantastic day, hope you have too :biggrin:

Yep :biggrin:
Do you mean study leave ? Well i have a week break in three weeks time :smile:
Aw great what are you planning to do for a-levels?
Haha sorry :tongue:
The weather was amazing so i guess i had a good day :smile:
Original post by Thomb
gl brainz u can do it!

Thanks so much!! :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
Yep :biggrin:
Do you mean study leave ? Well i have a week break in three weeks time :smile:
Aw great what are you planning to do for a-levels?
Haha sorry :tongue:
The weather was amazing so i guess i had a good day :smile:

Ouch I feel sorry for you! :frown:
For A Level I'm planning on doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics (pray for me :redface:) but I'm kind of looking forward to moving on - and dropping all the subjects I hate!
Yeah the nice weather came back yesterday for us as well, but today's going to be cooler and overcast :frown: not the best weather for celebrating on a field haha :tongue:
Hi Guys,
I was doing a P1 past paper and this question came up on it. There isn't an image of how the ray should look on the markscheme so can someone show how you draw this.:smile: Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending