The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Whats more important in life, fame or education

This links to the title, who wins at life, the popular kids or the smart nerdy kids?

Scroll to see replies

Wins in life?
More detail please.
No one wins in life. We all end up dead eventually.
Reply 3
Original post by ODES_PDES
Wins in life?
More detail please.

well whos more succesfull
Original post by theBranicAc
This links to the title, who wins at life, the popular kids or the smart nerdy kids?

That isn't the same question. Human relationships and worthiness or 'winning at life' are defined far differently as a child than as an adult.
Reply 5
I'd rather be intelligent than some thick ass film star! If thats what you mean?
I get the sense that in order to make a point, you've already answered your own question here. :tongue:
Being intelligent is the way forward. That way you will win in life :wink:
You need three things,

work you enjoy
interests you enjoy
people you enjoy

Then you win.
Education is more important, and with a better education you can become famous by being a leading politician or doctor or lawyer or author

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
You need three things,

work you enjoy
interests you enjoy
people you enjoy

Then you win.

Pick 2. Thats life for most people :wink:
Neither fame nor education.

People! :h:
education can get you fame

but fame cant get you education

I know which one Id go for

but true happiness is the ultimate goal

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ForestShadow
education can get you fame

but fame cant get you education

I know which one Id go for

but true happiness is the ultimate goal

Deep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Given the author, mostly just ironic.
Original post by Thomb
I'd rather be intelligent than some thick ass film star! If thats what you mean?

I hear tell ignorance is bliss though, so you wouldn't know you were a dumbdumb. I wouldn't even care about being famous, give me some stupid any day.
Reply 16
Original post by HanSoloLuck
I hear tell ignorance is bliss though, so you wouldn't know you were a dumbdumb. I wouldn't even care about being famous, give me some stupid any day.

No I'm too vain.
Fame or education, depends on what you want from life. If you want to be a singer/actor/writer/tv personality, fame is essential because those respective careers would pretty much fizzle out without fame.If you want a non-celebrity job, then I guess education is important.
Obviously education. I do not want to end up as the second Trump :lol::lol::lol:
Original post by CheeseFries
Obviously education. I do not want to end up as the second Trump :lol::lol::lol:

A billionaire real-estate tycoon with a degree from one of the world's leading universities. His ability to understand the American media has made him far more successful than the majority of us can be.

Point being, hate his views all you want. But to allude to the idea that he's 'stupid' would be a huge misunderstanding of the situation. Moreover, this is the reason many leading pundits and pollsters didn't predict his success.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending