The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dpoojaraa
Try imagining/re-drawing the functional groups in the same rotation as the one given. They have been rotated to make it confusing.

@neurology Should have mentioned you. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 61
Have people started doing papers in exam conditions? How's everyone finding them? What kind of scores is everyone getting?

Done like 3 unit 4 ones so far, only one unit 5
@neurology Should have mentioned you. Hope this helps :smile:

Will do bro. Thanks :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem! Have you started doing full papers in timed conditions? I seem so intimidated whenever I try.

I am more focused on biology, since like it's my first exam on the 13th, but yeah, I feel intimidated as well but we have to solve in timed conditions to adjust ourselves
Do we need to know all the AS definitions and everything from AS for our A2 exam? I've been looking over AS but what about the definitions e.g relative atomic masses, g and stuff. It's too much!!
Original post by drjay24
Has anyone finished unit 5 revision?

I've revised unit 5 but I need to go over it. Forgotten parts of it.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Do we need to know all the AS definitions and everything from AS for our A2 exam? I've been looking over AS but what about the definitions e.g relative atomic masses, g and stuff. It's too much!!

You need to know all organic reactions, tests, flame test, brief information about redox and Intermolecular forces, electron configuration, I don't know if there's anything else. Same I haven't revised for As yet :frown: it's just so annoying, there is so much to revise for each subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've revised unit 5 but I need to go over it. Forgotten parts of it.

I have forgotten some parts of it as well, but I will go over past papers then revise bits which I really can't remember
Posted from TSR Mobile
Lost 8 pages of my George facer a2 chemistry book. Can anyone post some pics please? I need Pages 262,263,267,268,289,290,293,294
Reply 69

I doubt they are going to test as definitions for the sake of it, but they might be needed as part of a question e.g. enthalpy changes, redox stuff, organic synthesis etc etc
Original post by PlayerBB
You need to know all organic reactions, tests, flame test, brief information about redox and Intermolecular forces, electron configuration, I don't know if there's anything else. Same I haven't revised for As yet :frown: it's just so annoying, there is so much to revise for each subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thank you. I guess the AS stuff will make unit 5 revision easier.
Okay thank you. I guess the AS stuff will make unit 5 revision easier.

Yeah, Indeed!
Reply 72
Guys is this the thread for the IAL papers or the A Level and IAL U4 and U5 exams are on the same day??
Reply 73
If any of you were looking for some decent notes on the chemistry of Copper, Chromium and transition metals, I have linked some PDFs I made. All the colours are what Edexcel want and they can test you on anything in regard to this (Brutal!).

Enjoy revising.

Stefan Lines
Original post by Mehodax
Guys is this the thread for the IAL papers or the A Level and IAL U4 and U5 exams are on the same day??

They are indeed on the same day.

IAL unit 5 thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3833159
If anyone wants to be added to the chemistry WhatsApp edexcel chat, PM me :smile:

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Reply 76
Subbing :d
Hi, will be giving unit 1 with unit 4 & 5. :smile: good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by usman.zubair
Hi, will be giving unit 1 with unit 4 & 5. :smile: good luck everyone :biggrin:

Now Unit 1 must be seeming like a piece of cake compared to 4 & 5! :biggrin:
Original post by Mehodax
Now Unit 1 must be seeming like a piece of cake compared to 4 & 5! :biggrin:

Thats true :tongue: but i think boundaries will be very high. As this is the last exam session for this series & many would be repeating OR giving complete chem A levels. So have to take it srsly :\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending