The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by FredOrJohn
cool thanks. I am a bit pissed after a works dooh, but I am taking your word for it. I think the believer does actually know best.
Thanks.

Aww wow, this actually made me really happy that you believed what I said and didn't start an argument with me. Some people here just don't want to listen and try to prove you wrong what ever you say. Thanks. :h:
My comments/replies got removed from this thread.

Cant say I'm not annoyed. I literally just put quotes from the Quran and they got removed.
If simple quotes from the Quran are that offensive, heres a thought, maybe the Quran is that offensive.

Disappointed TSR. Great way to encourage debates/rational thinking.
Reply 222
Original post by hilrho
There isn't a death penalty though. At least not from a quranic point of view although there are violent ones from hadith. But since quran is the primary source of god apostasy isn't punished by death in this life, most it talks about is how apostates will suffer in the after life. Which i kinda get, but then again if you don't really believe in the religion it shouldn't really matter, as you wouldn't really believe you'll go to hell for leaving a make believe religion after all, now should you? 🤔

But those who reject Faith after they accepted it, and then go on adding to their defiance of Faith,- never will their repentance be accepted; for they are those who have (of set purpose) gone astray.— Quran 3:90

Make ye no excuses: ye have rejected Faith after ye had accepted it. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you, for that they are in sin.— Quran 9:66

He who disbelieves in Allah after his having believed, not he who is compelled while his heart is at rest on account of faith, but he who opens (his) breast to disbelief-- on these is the wrath of Allah, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.— Quran 16:106

Those are the only versus I can find on apostasy in islam within the Quran^ not to mention they're english translations.

Btw I'm not anon - just thought I'd share my 2 cents as a recent bisexual-jewish-model-who-recently-walked-the-runway-practically-topless convert to this 'heinous' religion everyone seems to hate and fear :biggrin:

But yeah I can see why you would hate islam though - unlike the OP - I mean it makes sense to me why people would hate it. Just sad though most people who hate the religion also share the same ideological interpretation of the religion as with extremists hence giving them validity over the moderate ones. Oh well tis life!

Was munching on a cookie while typing too to be honest :biggrin:

I love you!! :smile:
Original post by Cobalt_
My comments/replies got removed from this thread.

Cant say I'm not annoyed. I literally just put quotes from the Quran and they got removed.
If simple quotes from the Quran are that offensive, heres a thought, maybe the Quran is that offensive.

Disappointed TSR. Great way to encourage debates/rational thinking.

Meanwhile, the resident Salafis get away with pretty much anything. That's TSR for you. :moon:
Original post by Hydeman
Meanwhile, the resident Salafis get away with pretty much anything. That's TSR for you. :moon:

Yup, pretty unfair tbh.
Not sure if someone reported the post or a moderator saw it.

Regardless, I just listed verses from the Quran. Fail to see how quoting a source needs to be moderated and taken down. :unimpressed:
Original post by Cobalt_
Yup, pretty unfair tbh.
Not sure if someone reported the post or a moderator saw it.

Regardless, I just listed verses from the Quran. Fail to see how quoting a source needs to be moderated and taken down. :unimpressed:

The moderators don't know a great deal about Islam, so they tend to censor Islam-related posts that get reported just to be on the safe side (because the all-important goal is for nobody to get offended - because that's the point of a forum entitled Debate and Current Affairs, obviously).

There's a private subforum where you can appeal post deletions/cards, if you want: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215. Just create a thread there, and tag either Puddles the Monkey or Queen Cersei using @. Response times vary, but someone will hopefully get back to you soon enough.
Original post by Hydeman
The moderators don't know a great deal about Islam, so they tend to censor Islam-related posts that get reported just to be on the safe side (because the all-important goal is for nobody to get offended - because that's the point of a forum entitled Debate and Current Affairs, obviously).

There's a private subforum where you can appeal post deletions/cards, if you want: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215. Just create a thread there, and tag either Puddles the Monkey or Queen Cersei using @. Response times vary, but someone will hopefully get back to you soon enough.

Thank you :h:
Original post by hilrho
There isn't a death penalty though. At least not from a quranic point of view although there are violent ones from hadith. But since quran is the primary source of god apostasy isn't punished by death in this life, most it talks about is how apostates will suffer in the after life.

It's regarded as more reliable than Hadith since there's no such thing as a strong/weak verse as there is with Hadith, but it's simply incorrect to completely write off Hadith, and a Sahih Hadith at that, the way you have.

Which i kinda get, but then again if you don't really believe in the religion it shouldn't really matter, as you wouldn't really believe you'll go to hell for leaving a make believe religion after all, now should you? 🤔

It's of no personal concern to those that don't believe in it, but of course it matters to those of us interested in religion and its moral claims. I disagree with this nonsense that, if one isn't personally affected by something, then one has no right to comment/have any strong feelings on the matter. I've every right to denounce this belief for its pettiness and cruelty, as I do the right to judge those that believe this - both of which would get me labelled an Islamophobe. Funny how this 'it shouldn't matter to you if don't believe it' philosophy is entirely one-sided, eh? :rolleyes:
Original post by lNurl
I love you!! :smile:

PRSOM but love you too :h:
Reply 229
Original post by Hydeman

I wonder why it has been fine for certain members to say stoning for adultery is justified? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
I wonder why it has been fine for certain members to say stoning for adultery is justified? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The philosophy seems to be that if they can claim that it's part of their religious beliefs, then it's okay. I posted this cartoon in ExMusSoc recently, and it illustrates the point quite well, I think:

Spoiler

Original post by hilrho
PRSOM but love you too :h:

Where is your love for me when I'm suffering?
Original post by Saad69
U know u are full of **** right? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is actually the real history of Islam.

A long time ago the Roman Empire collapsed.
Some arab muslims with guitars (I think a vaguely arabic word) came out of the desert like modern day boy bands. Singing love poems (like the Beatles). The girls fell in love with them. They drank wine and other alcohol (alcohol is an arabic word and the moors did invent sherry). It was a bit like the 1960s with flower power and love and not any horrible romans around to stop this beautiful time.

Then some horrible barbaric mixture of French and Viking (the Normans) came and slaughtered and killed and generally kicked arse.

This left the muslims with something called post traumatic stress disorder which made them act a bit oddly and the religion got all black and veiled, wild and odd.

The muslim religion we see today is a result of this stress - you will still often hear muslims call the "west" Crusaders - even now 1000 years later. It really is a sort of disorder bought about by the stress of those terrible norman times.

All we can do is all try to love one another, learn to play music together, and dance in the streets and then, perhaps peace will reign once more in these global lands.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn

I might; Sister Act was pretty good..........
Original post by Butternuts96
Tonight, on things that didn't happen ...

I remember when loads of you lot were saying the same thing about Rotherham etc :lol:

Besides, you're hardly in a position to call somebody's statement farfetched when you're the one who tried to justify Muhammad having sex with a 9 year old with:

Original post by Butternuts96

The 9 year old girl Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) had married is not like the 9 year olds today. Everyone was bigger and more mature from an early age.

despite the fact that there is absolutely no evidence what so ever to support such a stupid notion. But then again, I suppose you do need to engage in dumb arse pseudo science and mental gymnastics to defend a guy who is revered as the model person to emulate - even today - who did such a thing. It's possibly even more embarrassing than when hardcore Christian creationist hillbillies try to convince people the Earth is 6000 years old :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KimKallstrom
hardcore Christian creationist hillbillies try to convince people the Earth is 6000 years old :lol:

"if" a creator exists, it would be no problem creating an entire universe in a ready made state with fossils already entombed in the rocks (with pre history dna) but only twenty four hours old (all our memories would be pre-created too).

If you look at the night sky, one could argue that, in every direction you look the universe "edge" is the same distance from you, so you, personally, might be the centre of the entire universe - that goes for each one of us, simultaneously - a creator, "if" existed could do that.

its not really possible to prove or disprove something outside of the universe. Its a fruitless exercise, the prover or disprover are equally hillbillies.

the people who say the bible or qu'ran are scientific are proveably bollx wafflers but so are we all
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FredOrJohn
This is actually the real history of Islam.

A long time ago the Roman Empire collapsed.
Some arab muslims with guitars (I think a vaguely arabic word) came out of the desert like modern day boy bands. Singing love poems (like the Beatles). The girls fell in love with them. They drank wine and other alcohol (alcohol is an arabic word and the moors did invent sherry). It was a bit like the 1960s with flower power and love and not any horrible romans around to stop this beautiful time.

Then some horrible barbaric mixture of French and Viking (the Normans) came and slaughtered and killed and generally kicked arse.

This left the muslims with something called post traumatic stress disorder which made them act a bit oddly and the religion got all black and veiled, wild and odd.

The muslim religion we see today is a result of this stress - you will still often hear muslims call the "west" Crusaders - even now 1000 years later. It really is a sort of disorder bought about by the stress of those terrible norman times.

All we can do is all try to love one another, learn to play music together, and dance in the streets and then, perhaps peace will reign once more in these global lands.

or you know stop invading muslim lands for oil
Original post by Onde
Islamophobic would mean to have an irrational fear of Islam. I do not have an irrational fear of Islam.

I do
know that in order to be a Muslim, you need to accept Muhammad as the messenger of Allah, despite him committing or condoning acts of genocide, rape, slavery, torture, paedophilia etc. He also boasted about inflicting acts of terror on his enemy, e.g. by cutting off their heads and fingertips. Surely a terrorist if ever there was one.

surely u must have oceans of articles on him boasting those heinous acts and are willing to share them wid me post a reliable source though evil islam (.) com will not cut it
Original post by Onde
I suggest the qur'an.

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" - Quran 8:12

thats a really good verse and now i know i am talking to someone who takes things out of context let me tell u the muslims were being attacked by a force of over 1000ppl only because of being muslims (muslims themselves were around 300 in number) the purpose of the verse was to give muslims courage and little do u know it worked as the enemies fled from the battlefield(after suffering some casualties) now onto rape and paedophilia i am very eager
the word u are looking for is fuc*ed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending