The Student Room Group

Any car enthusiasts? let's see what you drive? :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAmNero
That explains a lot.

I'm a graphics designer and YouTuber. (No, I'm not posting my channel I'm afraid)
And it cost me about £88,000. I spend £500 on my insurance and about £400 on fuel each month. An M5 would cost around £73,000 when brand new, the insurance and running costs really depend on the user.

That is a lot on insurance, he could've got cheaper. and M5 is more powerful I believe, so look to pay about £1-2.5K.

Jags are bae :wink:

£88,000 *blinks*
I'm sure my first car will cost less than £1k and will be more than double your insurance :frown:
Reply 21

Well I drive a g90... not really i wish i could be rich to drive this one, I'm so broke af
Reply 22
I've got an old Jag to smoke round in every day and a bit of Detroit muscle for the weekend.

Im 18 so my first and current car is my Ford Focus Style 1.6 TDCi. Not very enthusiast I know but youd be suprsed how much of a drivers car it is with wonderfully weighted steering, pretty sporty handling and quite punchy too. Certainly faster than all of my friends cars. And this isn't just me talking out of my ass either, Ive driven Fiat 500's, BMW 645i's, Civics, Golfs and E-Classes and I do think the Focus is pretty sporty. so yh
Original post by IAmNero
Umm, insurance, and petrol...

It's only a 2 litre diesel, same engine as plenty of golfs and not particularly fast. Sure it'll probably get a bit scratched etc but that's what first cars are for eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im a car enthusiast. My favourite cars are Audi S3 manual, E46 BMW M3 manual, Toyota Celicas, Mitsubishi Evos, New shape Honda Civic Type R, etc.

My Current car? A 2010 Nissan Pixo sky blue
This (My baby) Shes a sweetie:

Im a new softy, but a future beast mofo in the future. Gotta be smart, gotta be soft at the beginning, and be the beast in a couple of years down the line.
(edited 7 years ago)
This is mine, not that "special" but lovely to drive - comfortable, reasonably well specced (climate control, cruise control, sport seats, six speed gearbox) and practical for what I need it for. I've also done a bit of audio work with a decent head unit and new components in the doors, the front doors being amped. Also 230lb/ft of torque makes her reasonably nippy, although she'll get remapped at some point when the insurance makes it feasible :tongue:

Dat practicality tho..

This piece of ****.

A rover. (JUST sold this one)

Also appear to have inheirited a Vauxhall Astra which I dont happen to have any pictures of, might be taking a 207GTI off of a friends hands soon when he finally decides to sell it. Subaru is also for sale when I find a bumper for it.
Original post by MechEng90
As the thread title guys!

no knocking each others cars...but lets see what everyone has and let us know what,if anything,youve done to the car?

A hobbie of mine is to work on my car as and when i can...

so ill start, got her (yes ive assigned my car a gender) around 6weeks ago!

So this is my Audi A5....not sure on a name yet.....possibly Bella?

or my mate joked i call it audrey lol.

Very nice A5. Want to pick one up after my degree.
Reply 30
12651336_10208609776788039_3758706030616570576_n.jpg
Attachment not found
MY BABY <3 One and only, ride or die. My pride. <3
Original post by Jeff458
No it's not!!!!! So many people at 17/18 have cars like that! There are 17 year olds at my school who drive their parents range rovers and mercedes e class'. Compared to that, my car is dog****!!!!

Awwww, why an i8? Congratulations on the car if you really own it. Personally I am an ///M powered guy :smile: God those cars are so fast. So loud, So amazing. I hate electrics/hybrids. I like big thumping loud v8's, like a mustang. We had an i3 for one day while our car was in service and granted, it did shift from 20-50 in about literally 1 second but it's too quiet and there is no ///M5 style rumble. What made you go for the i8?

Lol, you're a spoilt little ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32

(edited 7 years ago)

no knocking each others cars...but lets see what everyone has and let us know what,if anything,youve done to the car?

I had 2 cars, at the moment I drive toyota corolla 1.8. I miss my Nissan Altima, its basically a 350z sedan. Back.jpg
Attachment not found
I'm a car enthusiast that lives in a car-unfriendly country, taxation makes them stupidly expensive,

Cars I have, a Tesla P85D, which isn't "expensive" here thanks to it being taxed differently. It is our second Tesla as I had the P85 version previously that I sold off when the D variant came out. I also have a Volvo XC90 T8, this one is a couple of weeks old and replaces the D5 variant I had previously, the previous one had some issues with the electrical system that even Volvo couldn't solve so they offered a vehicle buyback.

The other car I do have is a Jaguar F-type, alas 99.9% of the time it stays in a garage as these days I rarely ever go back to England and my eldest daughter refuses to be seen driving it.

A project car I'm now working on is a 1961 Jaguar E-Type that I "rescued", the previous owner was some deranged German woman that insisted that it be crushed as it belonged to her ex-husband. I heard about it from the owner of a scrapyard who had promised to crush it, I had it disassembled piece by piece and shipped it in a shipping container. It was one of the earliest models and it was in excellent condition until that crazy woman decided to use a sledge hammer to it. It will be a while before it runs again.
Original post by NX172

Nice car. Do you want to swap with my Nissan Pixo?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
About to get a new car actually. Stuck between an A4 or a 3 Series. Insurance will be higher on the 3 Series as smallest engine is like 2L while the A4 is a 1.8TFSI. Plus I live in London - D:

Gorgeous car!
Reply 39
Original post by futurenurse99
Gorgeous car!

thank you futurenurse99 😊come a spin 😋

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending