The Student Room Group

Aqa english language gcse 180ums?

Hi,

I want to know how possible is it to get full UMS in the Unit 1 for English Language, considering it has really low grade boundaries like <65/80 for 180UMS (which is full UMS for the unit). Why do people get so low in English and why are the G.B so low?
Original post by Adzkii786
Hi,

I want to know how possible is it to get full UMS in the Unit 1 for English Language, considering it has really low grade boundaries like <65/80 for 180UMS (which is full UMS for the unit). Why do people get so low in English and why are the G.B so low?

I got full UMS over my AQA English Language GCSE if I recall correctly, and it really just depends on ticking the boxes on the mark scheme. It doesn't matter how long the grade boundaries look, you just need to focus on following the mark scheme :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
I got full UMS over my AQA English Language GCSE if I recall correctly, and it really just depends on ticking the boxes on the mark scheme. It doesn't matter how long the grade boundaries look, you just need to focus on following the mark scheme :h:

Hello, thank you for replying :smile:

What exam board did you do & Well done! :smile:
Do you do English Lit, Is it possible to get 100UMS on that also o.O
Original post by Adzkii786
Hello, thank you for replying :smile:

What exam board did you do & Well done! :smile:
Do you do English Lit, Is it possible to get 100UMS on that also o.O

I did AQA :smile:
I did English Literature too, I dropped a few marks in the exam though so was just off full UMS :grumble: it's definitely possible though :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Gingerbread101
I did AQA :smile:
I did English Literature too, I dropped a few marks in the exam though so was just off full UMS :grumble: it's definitely possible though :tongue:

Haha, thank you!Really inspired me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest