The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel like they've wasted quite a lot of their life???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oilfreak1
ur only 21 bro wait another decade before you claim to have wasted a third of ur life :smile:

well i had been working productively i'd be like alfie best by now if not having surpassed him
Original post by Multitalented me
I feel that way, I'm 24 but due to a real lack of confidence/motivation & not knowing what I want do I only feel as if I've got off the starting blocks just now. I feel a lot of other people are ahead of me such as having a solid career/career plan, passing their driving test, having many friends, relationships etc. I feel as a result I'm putting too much pressure on myself to make up for it, instead of maybe relaxing a bit more, & not try to do too many things at once. Mentally I feel younger than I really am due to wasting all those years of my life. I don't feel as if I've lived it anywhere near to my fullest potential, & yeah, it does get to me. Anyone with similar experiences to make me feel better about myself haha???

Yes I feel exactly the same! I'm 23, and have this huge emptiness of feeling underachieved! I still don't know what to do career wise, I generally feel like I'm just floating about and getting on by!! This year I'm trying to set myself some goals though :smile:
Original post by Tom78
You start whenever you start. Our generation will blatantly all live to like 100 anyway, who cares? :smile:

Thats horrible, i hope im dead by 70 :s-smilie:
Yep.
left revision too late

me right now

Original post by M14B
Wasted my life?
I am 19 wtf!

1/3 of the way through your life probably
at most 1/4 which is a lot IMO
Original post by jamesthehustler
well i had been working productively i'd be like alfie best by now if not having surpassed him

perhaps, but there's no way you could have spent the first 10-13 years of your life productively.

so you've only wasted 1/6 of your life :smile:.
Reply 47
Original post by Kieran1996
1/3 of the way through your life probably
at most 1/4 which is a lot IMO

maybe 1/5?! :tongue:
Just ask yourself whether or not these values that you haven't partook in are of any value if you look at the big picture. Besides, I wouldn't spend too much brainpower focusing on the past, which is unchangeable. Instead, look towards the future, which can be amazing if you do it right!
perhaps, but there's no way you could have spent the first 10-13 years of your life productively.

so you've only wasted 1/6 of your life :smile:.

he started at 13 dealing in used vehicles and is now 20 and has bought several nightclubs, a brand new ferrari and is looking to to starting a vodka brand
if i had started back then i would be worth best part of a million by now rather than than about £30,000 i own mainly in stock
Original post by Multitalented me
I feel that way, I'm 24 but due to a real lack of confidence/motivation & not knowing what I want do I only feel as if I've got off the starting blocks just now. I feel a lot of other people are ahead of me such as having a solid career/career plan, passing their driving test, having many friends, relationships etc. I feel as a result I'm putting too much pressure on myself to make up for it, instead of maybe relaxing a bit more, & not try to do too many things at once. Mentally I feel younger than I really am due to wasting all those years of my life. I don't feel as if I've lived it anywhere near to my fullest potential, & yeah, it does get to me. Anyone with similar experiences to make me feel better about myself haha???

Well I'm not really as old as you, but I'm not proud of some things I've done and I just want to live life again and treat others better. That's my experience for you.
he started at 13 dealing in used vehicles and is now 20 and has bought several nightclubs, a brand new ferrari and is looking to to starting a vodka brand
if i had started back then i would be worth best part of a million by now rather than than about £30,000 i own mainly in stock

Started at 13 meaning he was unproductive for 13 years a toddler / 8 year old can't be productive unless their in Mensa
Yeah I wasted 12 years going to school.
I was sacked yesterday. So yep, I'm wasting my life because I'll be spending more of it out of work than in it
i would redo tho go back and made sure i was never borned, anyone else?
Started at 13 meaning he was unproductive for 13 years a toddler / 8 year old can't be productive unless their in Mensa

no my point is i should have started then but i have only started last year so i wasted several years doing nothing virtually
no my point is i should have started then but i have only started last year so i wasted several years doing nothing virtually

Yeah u wasted about 10 1/6-1/10 of ur life its no big theres people who've wasted alot more.
Yeah u wasted about 10 1/6-1/10 of ur life its no big theres people who've wasted alot more.

i can agree with that certainly
Original post by M14B
maybe 1/5?! :tongue:

Oh now that would be good :smile:
Reply 59
19 and Ive been having these deppressing thoughts that ive wasted my life so far. Wish I can go back to being a 10 yr old and fix myself.

Quick Reply

Latest