The Student Room Group

Univeristy of Warwick English Literature Offer Holders 2016!

Dear All,

I thought I'd create this as I couldn't find a thread like this! I've received an offer from Warwick to study English Literature! I love love love the course but the campus and buildings are breaking my heart. They're just so ugly! I went up to Bristol yesterday and fell in love, it's so beautiful but the course has nothing on Warwick! Is anyone else struggling to find the perfect University? I find all of them have flaws...?! How are you guys feeling about Warwick/ it's buildings/ the course? Where else have you received offers from and will Wawrick be your number 1?
Reply 1
Original post by Olaf1997
Dear All,

I thought I'd create this as I couldn't find a thread like this! I've received an offer from Warwick to study English Literature! I love love love the course but the campus and buildings are breaking my heart. They're just so ugly! I went up to Bristol yesterday and fell in love, it's so beautiful but the course has nothing on Warwick! Is anyone else struggling to find the perfect University? I find all of them have flaws...?! How are you guys feeling about Warwick/ it's buildings/ the course? Where else have you received offers from and will Wawrick be your number 1?

Same here!
Had to choose between Nottingham &Warwick. Loved the campus at Notingham, but loved the course at Warwick. Both offers were the same, so no point putting one as insurance. A hard call, but the course won - firmed Warwick this week, with Sheffield as insurance.
Hi :smile: I'm currently at Warwick studying psychology but I am swapping to English lit next year.
The campus is so nice in Autumn, and in Spring, there are loads of cherry blossoms. From the outside, the humanities building is okay, but inside it is alright. And Leamington Spa is nice, which is were you will most likely be living in second and third year.
Reply 3
Original post by salsasauce
Hi :smile: I'm currently at Warwick studying psychology but I am swapping to English lit next year.
The campus is so nice in Autumn, and in Spring, there are loads of cherry blossoms. From the outside, the humanities building is okay, but inside it is alright. And Leamington Spa is nice, which is were you will most likely be living in second and third year.

Hi
What made you decide to move to Eng Lit?
Did you live on campus in first year? I'm still deciding where to put on my list. Probably not en suite, but not sure otherwise.
Original post by rubetta5
Hi
What made you decide to move to Eng Lit?
Did you live on campus in first year? I'm still deciding where to put on my list. Probably not en suite, but not sure otherwise.

Hi :smile: I found psychology a bit slow and mundane to be honest, and I want to study something more creative.

I did, in Tocil. It depends what you want the most, like location, or partying, ummm

Rootes is known for being big on partying and drinking, and clubbing. It's quite cheap and right next to the Student's Union.
I live in Tocil, which is near humanities, the gym, Tesco, sciences, and quite near the SU. It's a really good location.
Arthur Vick is near here too.

Westwood is the furthest away accommodation. Like a 15 minute walk.
Heronbank and Lakeside are a bit further away too, like a 10-15 minute walk.
JAck Martin, and Arthur Vick are really nice, and quite central.

Bluebell is the most expensive and the nicest. It's next to the SU. I've heard that the people there are quite quiet, and focused on studying, but I don't know how much is a rumour. I think it has more international students.

Soooo yeah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending