The Student Room Group

Muslims, if your child came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Your beliefs are not relevant. If your child is harming no one and not breaking the law and is so happy, who are you to take that away from them and condemn them? Awful position for their blood to take.

I'm pretty sure they will care. Take it from somebody with personal experience.

Note: I am fully aware you said you won't stop them.

I will not condemn them but if they ask me, I will say that it goes against my beliefs and I cannot support it. But, of course, that is just my belief and they are allowed to believe and do what they want. I just will continue to hold my belief that it is wrong.
Original post by whitetack
im sure at some point theyll realise they miss their daughter more than they want to listen to their imaginary friend

I doubt it
Original post by Anonymous
I will not condemn them but if they ask me, I will say that it goes against my beliefs and I cannot support it. But, of course, that is just my belief and they are allowed to believe and do what they want. I just will continue to hold my belief that it is wrong.

And you have every right to believe what you wanna believe :yes:
idk tbh, but all these people calling islam stupid, special message to ya'll... evangelicals would react the same and not only islam but loads of other religions may react the same
Original post by 0to100
And you have every right to believe what you wanna believe :yes:

Thanks
Reply 86
I bet her parents are gay and they had to get married so resets it when she decided not to go through the charade of a fake marriage and get some girl action instead.
https://islamqa.info/en/38622

I'll follow the Quran and Hadith, if they pray and fast these evil thoughts will vanish
I'm so glad I'm not Muslim anymore because when I was Muslim, I was the really homophobic and I don't even know what I would have did if my child was gay.

However, I do have a gay brother and my parents have said they can "cure homosexuality" (idiots). I know someone who came out to his parents as gay and they performed exorcism on him "to take the jinn out of him" ...lol.
Original post by z33
I would acc be so happy

Im not going into this big debate with people, its obviously well known the act of sexual contact with that of the same sex is a sin and prohibited, being gay isnt because thats merely thoughts and you arent sinned for thoughts.

Anyway you said you were muslim in another thread, how could you be happy if they did turn out gay? Especially knowing its a sin how could you possible be happy knowing that your child is committing a major sin.

Dont want trolls and everyone slating me and how im against gays, because it isnt any of my business what straights or gay people do, i was just curious why you would be happy if youre a muslim
Reply 90
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Im not going into this big debate with people, its obviously well known the act of sexual contact with that of the same sex is a sin and prohibited, being gay isnt because thats merely thoughts and you arent sinned for thoughts.

Anyway you said you were muslim in another thread, how could you be happy if they did turn out gay? Especially knowing its a sin how could you possible be happy knowing that your child is committing a major sin.

Dont want trolls and everyone slating me and how im against gays, because it isnt any of my business what straights or gay people do, i was just curious why you would be happy if youre a muslim

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4079729 made this thread, you can read it through if you're interested. Apparently I am not a Muslim to most people over here after all.

I don't believe it is a sin, I only believe anal sex is because that is what was established in the Quran, lesbianism was never mentioned and neither were homosexual relations between males other than in the context of Prophet Loot (a.s.)'s time but the people of Loot were also violent rapists and the punishments that fell upon them were never linked to their sexuality but rather the adultery and rape and violence they were participating in.

You can make of that what you want, you asked and I answered :smile:

Not all Muslims are against homosexuality, you can be an open minded Muslim.

People cherry pick religion all the time, even the most religious people probably don't even follow Islam 110%. So why does it matter?
Original post by cecillia
Not all Muslims are against homosexuality, you can be an open minded Muslim.

People cherry pick religion all the time, even the most religious people probably don't even follow Islam 110%. So why does it matter?

Thats a really bad and poor point to make.... Last time i checked i dont follow what the "majority" of muslims would do, you use the Quran and teachings by the prophet pbuh. Just because some arent against it doesnt mean its acceptable the act of homosexuality is haraam, and its clear that its virtually impossible not to have sexual contact with someone who you like. This is explicitly clear. Like i said youre missing the big picture just because most dont follow everything to 110% because we make mistakes and sin its important not to fall into major sins, such as adultery murder etc, you cant just say "even the most religious people probably don't even follow Islam 110%", that doesnt make it ok.
Original post by ivybridge
They do not need "encouragement". It's love - it has no boundaries or need for encouragement.

You're seriously deluded. Either you're very young, naive, or both.
I'm so glad I'm not Muslim anymore because when I was Muslim, I was the really homophobic and I don't even know what I would have did if my child was gay.

However, I do have a gay brother and my parents have said they can "cure homosexuality" (idiots). I know someone who came out to his parents as gay and they performed exorcism on him "to take the jinn out of him" ...lol.

Awful, but unsurprising. I'm not a Muslim anymore either for lots of reasons including all this nonsense that we can't accept people for being who they are because a man in the sky said we couldn't. Many of my Muslim friends are liberal and have no issues with Gays, but that’s probably because I have distanced myself from the very religious ones.
Thats a really bad and poor point to make.... Last time i checked i dont follow what the "majority" of muslims would do, you use the Quran and teachings by the prophet pbuh. Just because some arent against it doesnt mean its acceptable the act of homosexuality is haraam, and its clear that its virtually impossible not to have sexual contact with someone who you like. This is explicitly clear. Like i said youre missing the big picture just because most dont follow everything to 110% because we make mistakes and sin its important not to fall into major sins, such as adultery murder etc, you cant just say "even the most religious people probably don't even follow Islam 110%", that doesnt make it ok.

The point I was trying to make is that no one can judge if the person is Muslim or not because they decide they're ok with something that is considered haram in Islam.

You called them out because they stated they were Muslim but said they'd be happy if their child came out gay to them.
Original post by donutellme
You're seriously deluded. Either you're very young, naive, or both.

Not at all. You're ignorant. Point?

You can continue to isolate Gay Muslims by telling them that there is something wrong with them, but in the end you will only succeed in driving them away from your religion. Maybe it's for the best, they will finally be free from an ideology that makes its adherents live in guilt and shame.
The point I was trying to make is that no one can judge if the person is Muslim or not because they decide they're ok with something that is considered haram in Islam.

You called them out because they stated they were Muslim but said they'd be happy if their child came out gay to them.

"called him out"... I literally said i was "curious"to know at the end, didnt call anyone out and i even said it doesnt concern me whether people are straight or gay, i just wanted to know why a muslim was "happy".
Really dont understand what youre even doing, you keep changing your point, it wasnt about judging anyone, a sin is a sin you can still be an alcholoic and be a muslim, because its about the act of being a muslim not just the label, so again nothing to do with judging. Everyone commits sin even muslims, by that logic no one would be a muslim then.
Original post by donutellme
I'd be disappointed of course, but I'd try not to let it affect my relationship with them. They'd still be my son or daughter, so I'll just pretend they're not.

If they want a partner though, then they can do that after they move out.

Having a homosexual daughter/son is nothing to be disappointed about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending