The Student Room Group

Starting a TSR mental health blog (multiple contributors) - anyone interested?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Nothing at present but hopefully we'll be able to set up a thread and lay out ground rules/posting guidelines, and get it going soon :biggrin:

Great thanks for replying. :hi:
Original post by Thomb
Great thanks for replying. :hi:

No problem. Once it's up and running, I'll let everyone know! Ideally we'd have it so that blog posts go through me/mods/CT so that the thread is not a free-for-all where people just word vomit. Hopefully it'll be a really interesting, thought-provoking and helpful thread :h:
Well I have a whole host of mental health problems lol so if you want any contributions on depression/anxiety/PTSD/BPD stuff let me know. I havent read every page so sorry if im off topic now or aything x
Original post by Jenx301
Well I have a whole host of mental health problems lol so if you want any contributions on depression/anxiety/PTSD/BPD stuff let me know. I havent read every page so sorry if im off topic now or aything x

Thanks hun - great that you're interested in contributing! :kissing2:

Will be in touch when things are up and running - overloaded with uni work atm! :work:
Original post by Deyesy
I'll have you in my thoughts. Really hope it goes well :smile:

:wavey:

Just wondering whether you have much time at the moment, to help me set up a blog thread in time for Mental Health Awareness Week 2016 (which starts on Monday)? Seems like as good a time as any but am not too well and am flagging, so it feels like an overwhelming task even though it's not... :getmecoat:

I wonder whether there would be some way of starting the thread but then locking it, so that only moderators could post vetted blog submissions that are sent to them/to me? I really wanna have a multi-user blog but am just concerned about it being a free-for-all and people inadvertently triggering each other or posting when they really shouldn't be due to being not lucid, etc... :ninja:
:wavey:

Just wondering whether you have much time at the moment, to help me set up a blog thread in time for Mental Health Awareness Week 2016 (which starts on Monday)? Seems like as good a time as any but am not too well and am flagging, so it feels like an overwhelming task even though it's not... :getmecoat:

I wonder whether there would be some way of starting the thread but then locking it, so that only moderators could post vetted blog submissions that are sent to them/to me? I really wanna have a multi-user blog but am just concerned about it being a free-for-all and people inadvertently triggering each other or posting when they really shouldn't be due to being not lucid, etc... :ninja:

Hey :wavey: My exams finished today so I have plenty of free time now! What do you need help with? :smile:

There's no reason why that couldn't be sorted for you :smile: Locking and reopening threads is a tool the support team have. Would you like the PSV team to look over any potential blogs you're sent before they go live for you?
Original post by Deyesy
Hey :wavey: My exams finished today so I have plenty of free time now! What do you need help with? :smile:

There's no reason why that couldn't be sorted for you :smile: Locking and reopening threads is a tool the support team have. Would you like the PSV team to look over any potential blogs you're sent before they go live for you?

Oooh I timed this well then :biggrin: Well done you, for finishing! :king1: Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom :headbang:

I guess coming up with ground rules and then the question of whether I start the thread and someone locks it immediately, or whether a mod/CT starts the OP and then locks the thread? :redface:

That's great to know that the support team can help with this. It would be great to get the PSV team involved, if they wouldn't mind? :colondollar:
Oooh I timed this well then :biggrin: Well done you, for finishing! :king1: Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom :headbang:

I guess coming up with ground rules and then the question of whether I start the thread and someone locks it immediately, or whether a mod/CT starts the OP and then locks the thread? :redface:

That's great to know that the support team can help with this. It would be great to get the PSV team involved, if they wouldn't mind? :colondollar:

You did indeed :smile: I'm looking at getting migitating circumstances for them since I had some personal stuff happen at the end of April; so hopefully I'll be able to resit them in August.

I've just spoken to the PSV team about vetting any potential blog posts and they're more okay with that :smile: Just also having spoken to them, we feel as though it being in the Mental Health forum would be great since it would allow users to post anonymously? :smile:

I think a good starting place with ground rules would be the mental health guidelines we have on suicide and self-harm discussion?
Original post by Deyesy
You did indeed :smile: I'm looking at getting migitating circumstances for them since I had some personal stuff happen at the end of April; so hopefully I'll be able to resit them in August.

I've just spoken to the PSV team about vetting any potential blog posts and they're more okay with that :smile: Just also having spoken to them, we feel as though it being in the Mental Health forum would be great since it would allow users to post anonymously? :smile:

I think a good starting place with ground rules would be the mental health guidelines we have on suicide and self-harm discussion?

Sorry to hear things were rough at the end of April - hope you're holding up OK :console:

That's so great that the PSV team wanna be involved :biggrin: I agree that allowing people to post anonymously could be good.

If you can deal with things like who will start/lock/moderate the thread, etc. then maybe I can draw up an introductory post over the next 24 hours or so and PM it to you? Thanks for linking to the guidelines :smile:
Glad to see this taking shape :holmes:
Original post by ByronicHero
Glad to see this taking shape :holmes:

Sorry it's taken so long though - been a bit all over the place :redface:
Sorry it's taken so long though - been a bit all over the place :redface:

No need to apologise to me - you're the right pair of hands :h:

Hope you feel better soon :jumphug:
Reply 112
Oh Brilliant to see this is going to be up and running well done! :yay:
Original post by ByronicHero
No need to apologise to me - you're the right pair of hands :h:

Hope you feel better soon :jumphug:

Sorry to hear things were rough at the end of April - hope you're holding up OK :console:

That's so great that the PSV team wanna be involved :biggrin: I agree that allowing people to post anonymously could be good.

If you can deal with things like who will start/lock/moderate the thread, etc. then maybe I can draw up an introductory post over the next 24 hours or so and PM it to you? Thanks for linking to the guidelines :smile:

It affected my two past exams and I took far too much on this committment wise this academic year (I'm cutting down massively for next year) so it's an amazing achievement I've only had the summer exams and a single piece of coursework affected by it all if I'm honest.

I don't think the blog forum allows users to post as anon that's all and with something like mental health; this could be really important? :redface: If you want to start the thread (it was your idea after all!); it won't go 'live' until one of the Support Team approves it since that's how the Mental Health forum works; Furry and I could help moderate it since there's alot of grey area's with kind of thing? :smile: The PSV could help you with the guidelines too if you get abit stuck?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
It affected my two past exams and I took far too much on this committment wise this academic year (I'm cutting down massively for next year) so it's an amazing achievement I've only had the summer exams and a single piece of coursework affected by it all if I'm honest.

I don't think the blog forum allows users to post as anon that's all and with something like mental health; this could be really important? :redface: If you want to start the thread (it was your idea after all!); it won't go 'live' until one of the Support Team approves it since that's how the Mental Health forum works; Furry and I could help moderate it since there's alot of grey area's with kind of thing? :smile: The PSV could help you with the guidelines too if you get abit stuck?

TSR Community mod over here confirming this to be the case :sadnod:
Original post by Deyesy

Great stuff! Just one quick noob question: so say the thread is locked and someone sends me a blog post and then I show the PSV team and you and furry... how would it end up being posted as anon?

I'm missing something really obvious here aren't I? Sorry, brain isn't functioning properly :getmecoat:
Agree posting as anon is very important! That said, if we're locking the thread people won't be able to post at all? It could be better to keep it open, but the blog posts only come via us however that works? Sorry if I've missed something here my brain's mush :redface:

Edit: TLG you beat me to it :tongue: people could send whoever potential blog posts, it gets moderated, we/you then post it and either say their username or not if they want to stay anon?
(edited 7 years ago)
Great stuff! Just one quick noob question: so say the thread is locked and someone sends me a blog post and then I show the PSV team and you and furry... how would it end up being posted as anon?

I'm missing something really obvious here aren't I? Sorry, brain isn't functioning properly :getmecoat:

We could just get them to post it as an anon in the thread once we've approved it? :smile: I know it's slightly long-winded sorry :tongue:

Original post by furryface12
Agree posting as anon is very important! That said, if we're locking the thread people won't be able to post at all? It could be better to keep it open, but the blog posts only come via us however that works? Sorry if I've missed something here my brain's mush :redface:

This could work? :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
We could just get them to post it as an anon in the thread once we've approved it? :smile: I know it's slightly long-winded sorry :tongue:

This could work? :smile:

Sounds like a plan about getting them to post it once it's approved! Thanks for clearing that up :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest