The Student Room Group

A question to all atheists

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
What if they were open, promoted it, and engaged in kissing in day to day life publicly as well as recorded it? Is that morally acceptable?

of course, although i've never seen anyone actually promoting their sexual attractions
Reply 41
Original post by Tawheed
What if they were open, promoted it, and engaged in kissing in day to day life publicly as well as recorded it? Is that morally acceptable?

Is that in your selfie?
Original post by Tawheed

You asked a question and I answered it so stop trying to change the goalposts. Anyway, I think incest is publicly illegal so they'd probably get arrested if they did that.
Original post by Anonymous
hot climates back then accelerated the puberty process..

Presumably you will be able to furnish scientific evidence that (a) puberty is advanced by a hot climate, (b) the climate in mediaeval times in Arabia was even hotter than it is now.

Neither of these seems conceivable, which leaves us with one of two situations: either (a) you are a troll hiding behind the anon feature or (b) you are hiding behind anon because even you know how embarrassing it would be to be openly making such a ridiculous unesupported claim.
Original post by ivybridge
No. If you think that that's in accordance with "our moral code" then you are delusional.

Why? What's wrong with it?
Original post by Tawheed

Besides, unless they publicly told people they were father and son you would have no clue they were related. They could just claim to be a gay couple and as kissing is allowed in public they could very easily get away with it.
Incest isn't exactly "absolutely wrong", if Allah was to permit it and it seems that he did permit incest in relation to the children of "Adam and Eve"...

"...Regarding the question you have asked, it is a known fact that legislation differs from one Shari'ah to another, while the principles and beliefs remain the same in all of them...

"...In a similar way, marriage between brothers and sisters was permitted in the Shari'ah of Adam (peace be upon him) as opposed to those that came afterwards. The following is a clarification on the issue by Haafidh Ibn Katheer, who said: Allaah allowed Adam (peace be upon him) to marry his daughters to his sons for necessity. Every couple used to have a boy and a girl. Hence, he married the girl of one couple to the boy of another..."

https://islamqa.info/en/255

Furthermore, Muslim majority countries seem to have highest rates consanguinity, than compared to other non-muslim majority states, primarily attributed to inbreeding via cousin marriages, which is permitted in Islam and widely practiced...

http://www.consang.net/index.php/Summary

Spoiler

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/8544359/Hay-Festival-2011-Professor-risks-political-storm-over-Muslim-inbreeding.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/children/11723308/First-cousin-marriages-in-Pakistani-communities-leading-to-appalling-disabilities-among-children.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/4014743/Warning-over-births-to-first-cousin-marriages.html
Original post by donutellme
Why? What's wrong with it?

I've already addressed this.

You thought homosexuality was filthy - don't start sporting incest, lmfao.

Seen the rainbow. aare you a lesbian?
Seen the rainbow. aare you a lesbian?

Can you not see the male gender sign too?
LOL, are you subtly trying to show shade at atheists?
Can you not see the male gender sign too?

Oh is that what it was :biggrin:
Oh is that what it was :biggrin:

Male:

Attachment not found

Female:

Original post by Tawheed

Also, would you mind commenting on how Adam and Eve's children supposedly had offspring?
Male:

Attachment not found

Female:

Today I learned :biggrin:
Original post by Tawheed
Is a 25 year old son, who fully consents to engage in sexual activity with his 55 year old father, according to your idea of morality, acceptable?

he can do what he bloody wants. There is no such thing a god.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Also, would you mind commenting on how Adam and Eve's children supposedly had offspring?

:rofl:

Link your previous post please.

But it's loooovvveeeee. Surely you wouldn't get in the way of someone loving another?
Original post by donutellme
Link your previous post please.

But it's loooovvveeeee. Surely you wouldn't get in the way of someone loving another?

The user did not outline that it was a loving relationship, he said sex. Also, I do not believe sexual orientation is the same as incest, chiefly because it isn't.
The user did not outline that it was a loving relationship, he said sex. Also, I do not believe sexual orientation is the same as incest, chiefly because it isn't.

Well why sex then? Why are you against it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending