The Student Room Group

I lied about my periods (Muslim)

Scroll to see replies

Wht is it a sin when it's Gods will to cause menstruation. Stupidity :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Wht is it a sin when it's Gods will to cause menstruation. Stupidity :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you considered that maybe it wasn't God's will but a punishment for Adam and Eve, for disobeying God's command?
Original post by samzy21
Period blood is not like normal blood. During a period, the uterus is cleaned out so the blood contains dirt from the uterus making it unclean to pray with even if that area is washed, the blood isn't going anywhere. Piss and poop is different. Once you've cleaned it up, it won't come back while your praying but period blood would. You clearly don't know the meaning of wudhu. It's done to be clean for prayer and to give respect to the Quran if read/handled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The blood doesn't contain dirt. The blood contains the lining of the uterus and secretions. That is all.
Original post by stargirl63
I get you - I guess it's just a rule than anything. I'd be interested though to know why it is a rule. Why is physical cleanliness so high on the scale? For example, if you were a homeless person, no access to a shower would his prayers be invalid? And if it is valid and Allah accepts the prayer since the guy is homeless, does there Qu'ran say that this is a rule with exception?

Valid questions :smile:

In the Quran, it says that God doesn't burden a person more than they can physically bear. Therefore, in specific situations, stuff that's normally forbidden may become permissable eg If you're starving and there's nothing to eat, pork is allowed (which is normally forbidden) as God doesn't want to overburden you.

Also, if a person hasn't access to water and can't have a shower, God says that we can use dry dust to perform a dry ablution but this only happens only in very rare situations.
Original post by Butternuts96
Valid questions :smile:

In the Quran, it says that God doesn't burden a person more than they can physically bear. Therefore, in specific situations, stuff that's normally forbidden may become permissable eg If you're starving and there's nothing to eat, pork is allowed (which is normally forbidden) as God doesn't want to overburden you.

Also, if a person hasn't access to water and can't have a shower, God says that we can use dry dust to perform a dry ablution but this only happens only in very rare situations.

I didn't know that pork was allowed in some instances! I would have just said eat vegetables!

So either way, the ablution still applies, as long as you do it using whatever you have access to? That's cleared up a lot, thanks! (I love learning!) :smile:
Original post by mohamedomar97
Is your items getting taking away worse than lying to your parents about your commitment to your religion? This is purely presumptive but Im guessing that your parents are first- generation, you need to see things from there perspective. You don't know the difficulties of having non- religious parents .Besides parents only want whats best for you, Its just hard to see that sometimes

yes it is because I'll have it taken away for ages.
Having them taken away means no social contact whenever I'm at home, if not over the weeknd which would honestly drive me nuts!
They already restrict and control my entire life, that would be taking away the only freedom I have.

Original post by Anonymous
mate just come clean, i masturbated then i came home from school thinking i would do my ghusl, realised that they shower tap wasnt there, they were fixing the toilet, it took two days to fix it, so weird, i had to fake praying and doing wudhu, just live like a good muslim, your parents and god will be happy with you ... at the end of the day its going to benefit you i guess

you have to do ghusl after masturbating? o.O oh ****. this is just for boys right?!?!?

for everyone saying it's bad to lie to my parents, I know. I honestly try to avoid lying nearly all the time and am usually really honest with them. Like my sister knows when I don't pray etc because I know she's not judging me. You're supposed to hide your sins in Islam but if I feel like a hypocrite if I hide them. If I tell my parents I stopped praying they will literally kick me out you don't even know.

Yesterday I said I didn't want to read quran today and my mum went crazy, she was like "oh you deserve nothing" etc etc what's the point of you living in this house if you don't want to be muslim get out... like wtf.
Original post by stargirl63
I didn't know that pork was allowed in some instances! I would have just said eat vegetables!

So either way, the ablution still applies, as long as you do it using whatever you have access to? That's cleared up a lot, thanks! (I love learning!) :smile:

in the instance you don't have ANY other food and haven't eaten for like 3 days or something like only pork if you're literally about to die and there's no other food... if there's vegetables obviously you would eat that...
Having them taken away means no social contact whenever I'm at home, if not over the weeknd which would honestly drive me nuts!
They already restrict and control my entire life, that would be taking away the only freedom I have.

These restrictions go with age usually. Than just pray, parents aren't stupid. It isn't that hard . Once you start doing it properly it becomes easier everyday. Life means a lot more than materialistic things. Ask yourself would do what your parents are doing? ??
[QUOTE="mohamedomar97;64771655"]

These restrictions go with age usually. Than just pray, parents aren't stupid. It isn't that hard . Once you start doing it properly it becomes easier everyday. Life means a lot more than materialistic things. Ask yourself would do what your parents are doing? ??

which part of the middle east are you from?
[QUOTE="Anonymous;64771863"]

which part of the middle east are you from?

None of it. im somali why?
[QUOTE="mohamedomar97;64772035"]

None of it. im somali why?

nvm
[QUOTE="Anonymous;64772213"]

nvm

Have you made your decision yet???
mate u have to do ghusl when u masturbate guy or girl.... sad times, use to do it like everyday! :frown:
mate u have to do ghusl when u masturbate guy or girl.... sad times, use to do it like everyday! :frown:

wtf how am i supposed to shower that many times a day o.O

nah bruh so many of salah haven't been counted from last year cause I didn't know that fml :/
You can read Quran on periods if you hold it wirth a clean cloth
masturbate less, and theyre counted as you didnt know, btw masturbating breaks fast too
Original post by EricPiphany
Have you considered that maybe it wasn't God's will but a punishment for Adam and Eve, for disobeying God's command?

God wills everything or he's not omnipotent. Is this so called punishment for eating the forbidden fruit? if so it's still his will.
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Thank you for the clarification! I just didn't want to come across as condicending or offensive haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

its okay! I'm glad to help! Its alright! learning something new isn't offensive:smile: I didn't mind any of your questions. if you have any then you can ask:smile:
Original post by SMEGGGY
God wills everything or he's not omnipotent. Is this so called punishment for eating the forbidden fruit? if so it's still his will.

But he gave us choices. You cant go murder and say "opz. God's wills."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending