The Student Room Group

Muslims, if your child came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
What is so disappointing about your child being in love with the same sex? It's such a non-existence issue. Seriously.

Maybe not for you.
Original post by Anonymous
So disappointed and sad.
Before ivybridge comes and tells me how I should and should not feel about my child, I want grandkids. Nothing wrong with adopted but I want my children to have their own.

Why don't you say this off anon? It is so cowardly to hide behind anon when saying something like this.
Aww, so your child not having biological children is a reason to be against homosexual relationships? No, grow up, seriously.

Exactly.
Aww, so your child not having biological children is a reason to be against homosexual relationships? No, grow up, seriously.

Well tough I am against it and there's nothing you can do :h:
Original post by WBZ144
To say that he is sinning is to say that there is something wrong with him just for being who he is! I cannot force you to accept homosexuality but if you want to be so rigid you will be doing your religion no favours. It isn't real anyway so it's not to say that Gay Muslims are the ones losing out. There is no logical reason whatsoever why it should be wrong or "a sin"

Theres faults with everyone no one is perfect.... Everyone sins there are flaws with everyone God has created us in this way, because as muslims we are tested. Anyway the thread is about muslims, it is widely accepted that the act of sexual intercourse with the same gender is a sin, and this has been said in the quran and various hadiths.

People such as yourselves are complete ignorant morons, the question is asking about muslims and their thoughts on the matter, if it is accepted because it is written in the quran which MUSLIMS BELIEVE in, how is that illogical, just because you arent a muslim and dont believe in islam, doesnt mean you can have an informed opinion on muslims and declare it shouldnt be "wrong" or a "sin", when this was decided by God. I never said i dont "accept" gay people, they can do as they like so can straight what they do is of no concern to me, muslims who carry out sinful acts are aware they are doing so particularly that which is a major sin.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Why don't you say this off anon? It is so cowardly to hide behind anon when saying something like this.

Lol and I care because...?
Original post by ivybridge
Yes you would be forcing them because you would be pulling them to doctors, giving them lectures, practically making them feel so bad about themselves. This is literally like emotional abuse.

Furthermore, hormone therapy was used against gays in recent history in this country. It was referred to as chemical castration. It is not legal to try and treat being gay through hormone therapy in this country. Being gay is not an illness and it is not politically correct to say so. Don't be so ludicrous.

Reread my post again please.
Original post by cosmic angel
or if them being homosexual isn't because of any biological cause

No being gay in itself isn't a disease, but it could be caused by an underlying disease - or it could not.

No it's not PC to say that being gay is not a disease and I never claimed anything of the sort. I claimed that it would be PC to say that we shouldn't treat the underlying disease - if one exists.

Anyway, my original point has become lost in this discussion. I'd treat my (theoretical future) child in a loving way. I'd be loving and caring to them. Even if I gave them advice not to have sex, this would be done lovingly whether they were gay or not.
Lol and I care because...?

Because it's COWARDLY!

If you are so proud of your religion, and proud of yourself for believing in what you believe. Why hide behind anon?
Well tough I am against it and there's nothing you can do :h:

Get back at me again when you can give me a valid reason :wink:
Because it's COWARDLY!

If you are so proud of your religion, and proud of yourself for believing in what you believe. Why hide behind anon?

Right because you've probably never hid behind anon before

Where did I even mention religion?
You clearly didn't read the reasoning I stated because you were so concerned about me being on anon lol
Original post by donutellme
Maybe not for you.

What's your reason(s)?
Original post by Lord Samosa
It wouldn't change anything, I could never disown my own children. I'd accept them as they are.

But I would explain that islamically they cannot act upon it, I'd hope they could deal with that :redface:

And if they responded to that by renouncing Islam? What then? :K:
Because it's COWARDLY!

How I long for the day that the mods bring back de-anonymisation as a punishment for blatant misuse of anon... :moon:
Original post by ivybridge
People really need to stop saying "disappointed". It isn't some choive they made or an action they committed. You have no right to be disappointed.

Furthermore, it would be utterly disgusting advice to tell your child to live a lonely and unhappy life being celibate - unless they wanted to be - just so you can feel better about yourself. Depriving your child of the love and relationships you had the luxury of having which led to you creating them, is literally one of the biggest crimes you can commit with your kids. If this is your attitude, do not have children. You'll destroy their life if they are gay.

What you said can also be applied to a person with pedophilia. Though i do understand homosexuality does not hurt anyone, and pedophilia does harm children.

This is not coming from a religious point of view, it is coming from a scientific point of view, it's perfect normal for a parent to feel 'disappointed' that their child is homosexual because it will mean you most likely would not have a blood grandchild. Everyone wants to pass their gene and be someones great grand parent one day. No one wants their family to end there.

Pediophilia/homosexuality/asexual all lead to extinction of Human race in one generation if the whole human race practiced it, though there are ways to get around it these days, but you can't argue nature intended For an adult/over pubery (Male and female) to have sexual relationship, and that is the norm. So yes its perfectly fine for a parent to be 'disappointed' or 'upset', however parent's should not take it overboard and disown or isolate their child based on their sexuality.

I agree with everything you say, but you shouldn't crucify parents for feeling a little upset. It's perfectly normal, the same way your parent will be upset if you decide to be a school drop out or went missing for two years without contact even though 'it hurts no one'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Right because you've probably never hid behind anon before

Where did I even mention religion?
You clearly didn't read the reasoning I stated because you were so concerned about me being on anon lol

This is a "muslims, if your child came out gay?" emphasis on MUSLIMS!

I have NEVER hidden behind anon to voice an opinion, absolutely never!
Original post by Hydeman
How I long for the day that the mods bring back de-anonymisation as a punishment for blatant misuse of anon... :moon:

Oh my gosh, that happened?! :eek:

Oooohhh mods, that's rather nasty :colone: I like it...
Original post by Hydeman
And if they responded to that by renouncing Islam? What then? :K:

This is a forum for Muslims, not atheists.
This is a "muslims, if your child came out gay?" emphasis on MUSLIMS!

I have NEVER hidden behind anon to voice an opinion, absolutely never!

Was my reasoning a religious one? No it wasn't.
Oh my gosh, that happened?! :eek:

Oooohhh mods, that's rather nasty :colone: I like it...

It used to happen, yes - it's why a lot of old threads that occasionally get bumped have the OP's stating in all caps: 'anon or delete.' I wish they'd bring it back for some cases where it's blatantly being used to insult/bother people. :beard:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Theres faults with everyone no one is perfect.... Everyone sins there are flaws with everyone God has created us in this way, because as muslims we are tested. Anyway the thread is about muslims, it is widely accepted that the act of sexual intercourse with the same gender is a sin, and this has been said in the quran and various hadiths.

People such as yourselves are complete ignorant morons, the question is asking about muslims and their thoughts on the matter, if it is accepted because it is written in the quran which MUSLIMS BELIEVE in, how is that illogical, just because you arent a muslim and dont believe in islam, doesnt mean you can have an informed opinion on muslims and declare it shouldnt be "wrong" or a "sin", when this was decided by God. I never said i dont "accept" gay people, they can do as they like so can straight what they do is of no concern to me, muslims who carry out sinful acts are aware they are doing so particularly that which is a major sin.

Yes, this thread posed the question Muslims. Yet when a Muslim answered saying that it would make him happy, you were the one who began questioning him and making judgements. For someone who claims not to have a problem with Gay people your posts sure indicate the opposite.

It's illogical because people who are harming no one are being made to feel ashamed of who they are, all because some book written over 1400 years ago says that they are "sinning".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending